Xbox One XBOX ONE will have Major Support from the NFL

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
In a lengthy article on Polygon's website, the NFL and ESPN apps have been detailed. According to the article, gamers will be able to stream the NFL network and the NFL REDZONE channel. This is particularly excite since Redzone is currently an additional seasonal fee for cable subscribers, such as myself. The Redzone channel lets you watch every touchdown and scoring drive on Sunday as they happen.

The centerpiece of the NFL on Xbox One app is a live feed of NFL Network, the league's all-football, all-the-time cable television channel. That includes NFL RedZone, the channel that goes from game to game as teams enter the region inside the 20-yard line. In addition, the app brings in content from the NFL website, such as live scores and highlights. And finally, people who play fantasy football on the NFL site will be able to track their teams and leagues.

The article goes one which lots more of new information and exciting features. I'm personally very excited to take these new apps for a spin. I'm glad the XBOX ONE will be out in November while the NFL season is still in full swing! How do you guys feel about it?

Full Article: Polygon

This is good news. Like you said, coming out right in time for the good games. I will for sure use this app alot.

if u watch first take or mike and mike sports center when madden 25 comes up or idk which comercial it says xbox official sponser of the nfl.. or something on those lines and you hear the xbox log in sound.

the nfl stuff is neat we shall see how it does. its still an unknown that havn't shown allot yet

I am down for streaming of the NFL Network, but first I have to find out if it will require a specific cable provider. That's the only that I don't "like" about the apps, but unlike some owners, I won't decry the whole system just because I can't take advantage of it. :D

if u watch first take or mike and mike sports center when madden 25 comes up or idk which comercial it says xbox official sponser of the nfl.. or something on those lines and you hear the xbox log in sound.

the nfl stuff is neat we shall see how it does. its still an unknown that havn't shown allot yet

the article at Polygon goes into alot of details and has plenty of pics to boot.

I think the rumor is that they spent 4 million on a 4 year deal. But like I said, I heard it was a rumor.

It's not a rumor the article confirms payment, but its actually 400 million over 5 years. lol

WOW! I must of missed that. Well we all can now safely say that this is going to be an amazing App. lol. I was nervous also that it wasnt going to show LIVE games but its good to see that it will.

How long until the other Big 4 major sports follow suit? I feel like the NHL would do well to get their league integrated similarly, seeing how popular the EA games are. Last year Xbox did a pretty good job with the Hockey Night In Canada streams, so to see them follow it up with something like this would be extraordinary for both parties.

I am down for streaming of the NFL Network, but first I have to find out if it will require a specific cable provider. That's the only that I don't "like" about the apps, but unlike some owners, I won't decry the whole system just because I can't take advantage of it. :D

Just an FYI I have asked Phil Spencer and Mike Yberra on Twitter. Phil said it was a studios app so he would hopefully be able to answer.

If they do, I'll post it here first.

This is fantastic news. I am a gigantic NFL fan and I can't wait to check out this service on my Xbox One. This is part of what is going to set Xbox One apart from the other next generation consoles. They have the cash to pony up for extra special features like this. I'm pumped! I have like 6 fantasy football teams and I'm in 3 survivor pools.

Back