Xbox One Xbox One will still support external capture devices

ozadin

The current recording system only records up to 5 or 7 minutes last I checked, but Phil Spencer has confirmed that external capture devices will be compatible with the Xbox One. For anyone that records Youtube videos on the Xbox, that is great news. I'm guessing that people who have capture cards will be using ir more often than the built in recording system since it records a whole lot longer.

Don't throw away your Hauppauges, your El Gatos or your Roxios just yet, YouTubers - Phil Spencer has confirmed that the Xbox One will still support external video capture, despite having its own built-in DVR capabilities.

Via OXM

I know many people that would be interested in this, not me per say since I tend to only game with a small crowd but a few that share what they do. I wonder how many people might tinker around with the idea of it, if it is simple enough I might give it a go.

This really only interests me not because I do my own recording or sharing, but because others will on video sharing sites and among the network. It can be useful for a variety of things, especially in the beginning if you are someone who does not plan on preording a system with a game, since you can easily enjoy some of the experience vicariously through whoever is recording it, and also see if a particular game is something you want to buy. That is what makes this sort of thing alluring. Longer recording means more to see, so I for one am hyped.

Thanks for the share!

Back