Xbox One Xbox One will support 360 headsets with adapter

ozadin

For those who don't know, you can still use your xbox 360 headsets on the Xbox One. That's great since I don't want to spend another hundred bucks on a headset that will only be used for one console.

Wired Xbox 360 headsets will be compatible with the Xbox One via an adapter, Microsoft has confirmed.
"We are working to develop an adapter for current wired headsets to connect," said Microsoft's Xbox Support account on Twitter. "More details as we approach launch."

Via: Gamestop

Excellent. I just bought Astro A40's and I love them. I never thought the 5.1 surround in a headphone would make a difference but it is huge. Of course, they will probably charge $40 for the adapter but I am sure someone else will come along with a third party one.

I don't have a headset for the Xbox, mainly because I don't use live often, but this is really nice for those who do.
Definite help cost wise for those who already have a ton of accessories.

That's good. If they didn't support the 360's headsets at all... well, that would be pretty damn stupid, wouldn't it?

That's a good move by Microsoft, At least SOMETHING is backwards compatible. With all the negative press they've been getting lately, it really is a relief to hear something positive that they are doing. Paying for another headset which is almost as much as a game would've been a pain.

Yeah, I'm surprised that they made something backwards compatible after all. I'd much rather be able to play my 360 games on an Xbox One, but whatever. I don't use a headset and I'm not about to start using one now. There are a ton of other things I'd much rather spend money on, at any rate.

Finally something that is backwards compatible. Though headsets are pretty meaningless and is probably the last thing I would list for things that I would like to be backwards compatible.

Back