Xbox One Xbox One will support up to eight controllers at once

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
According to Polygon, the XBOX ONE will support up to eight controllers at once come this November. This is mostly interesting because a little while back it was announced that only six accounts can be logged in at once, making it a noticeable different between the two. Either way this should make gaming parties a lot easier to manage and enjoy. Comparatively the 360 now only supports four controller, with the PS3 supporting seven. How developers will take advantage of these number is still to bee seen. Will you be taking advantage of such features? Let us know below!

Via: Polygon

Microsoft's Xbox One to support eight concurrent controllers

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but this is good news. This is why having mutiple sign in's and voice rec. and stuff will work. And the KiNECT being able to tell the different controller is nice.

Microsoft plans to allow for more gamers to play the Xbox One at the same time than its predecessor.

The company has revealed on the Xbox One product page that the upcoming game console will allow for up to eight controllers to be active in-game. In comparison, the Xbox 360 supports up to four controllers at the same time.

Microsoft's decision to allow more controllers to be used during gameplay is an important one. With the new and improved Kinect, Microsoft is trying to get more gamers playing titles at the same time. By supporting more controllers, Microsoft can do that.

Microsoft plans to launch the Xbox One in November. The device plans to deliver better graphics compared with the Xbox 360 and offer an improved Kinect for motion gaming. The console will also ostensibly attempt to be more appealing for multiplayer games.

Merged threads~Pbescabar7

I bet it's going to be a terrible time for people who have to 8-way screen split on a 22 inch TV. I'm actually happy about this though, I don't have to wait for a turn since only 4 players could play on Xbox 360. More players means it's going to be more fun.

I bet it's going to be a terrible time for people who have to 8-way screen split on a 22 inch TV. I'm actually happy about this though, I don't have to wait for a turn since only 4 players could play on Xbox 360. More players means it's going to be more fun.

used to play 4 player split screen HALO 2 on a 19 inch...lol..those were the days lol

I'm not sure if this was meant to be a joke so pardon my ignorance, but this doesn't mean 8-player split screen. Games will still have a cap limit of probably 4. I just means that you can switch gamertags with out signing in and out. Everyone would be signed into their own controller and when they sit in front of the kinect it would recognize them and sign them into the game accordingly.

I'm not sure if this was meant to be a joke so pardon my ignorance, but this doesn't mean 8-player split screen. Games will still have a cap limit of probably 4. I just means that you can switch gamertags with out signing in and out. Everyone would be signed into their own controller and when they sit in front of the kinect it would recognize them and sign them into the game accordingly.

Thats how it is with Double Dragon NEON. You can have 4 people play but only 2 at once.

Alright, this is kind of awesome. Having an 8 player go around on a game would be amazing,b ut you'd have to have a huge TV. We're talking like one of those 80 inch suckers that I saw on a youtube video today that was pranking a bunch of Spanish people making them think that a meteor hit their city. It was a weird video. I'm really stoked about this, the idea of having so much players is going to be a great improvement.

It seems like the next logical step for consoles. Two controllers, four controllers, shazam, eight controllers.

Haha I don't think that's how it will work. If it is, you're gonna need a bigger boat, er, television. From what I understand it's mostly just to avoid switching profiles whenever you have more than 4 people playing one game. Although, maybe games will include 8 player split screen, which would be quite comical on a smaller set. Perhaps they'll have a function where one XB1 can be hooked up to two televisions at once :eek:

It seems like the next logical step for consoles. Two controllers, four controllers, shazam, eight controllers.

Haha I don't think that's how it will work. If it is, you're gonna need a bigger boat, er, television. From what I understand it's mostly just to avoid switching profiles whenever you have more than 4 people playing one game. Although, maybe games will include 8 player split screen, which would be quite comical on a smaller set. Perhaps they'll have a function where one XB1 can be hooked up to two televisions at once :eek:

Yea thats what I figured too. Although I assume we will be able to play up to 8 players on games like Fifa eventually.

Yea thats what I figured too. Although I assume we will be able to play up to 8 players on games like Fifa eventually.

Now that is a game that would take advantage of it VERY well. Or maybe even Madden.

Will people actually use this feature? If it's for 8 players at a time and for 8 players to essentially have their own dedicated controller it almost seems silly. How many people share Xbox's with SEVEN other people?

Will people actually use this feature? If it's for 8 players at a time and for 8 players to essentially have their own dedicated controller it almost seems silly. How many people share Xbox's with SEVEN other people?

You do have a point but who know what crazy developers will take advantage of it, ya know?

The main ability is not for 8 simultaneously players, just for ease of transition between multiple players. During football season i have a fairly large amount of friends over on Sunday and we tend to play between big games so this is great!

That is great and all, but four controllers at the same time was already the perfect number, you don't want, and even can't in some cases, get that amount of people in your couch or living room without making a mess. With 8 players at the same time, chaos is sure to happen.

That is great and all, but four controllers at the same time was already the perfect number, you don't want, and even can't in some cases, get that amount of people in your couch or living room without making a mess. With 8 players at the same time, chaos is sure to happen.

Well again it would not be at the same time. The four players who are playing next would sit in front of the kinect and it would recognize which controller is sitting to play as well as who is holding said controller and sign them all into the game while loading their individual settings (inversion, look speed, etc)

lol ur right, would be a mess lmao!!

5yqoN.gif

Having an eight-player splitscreen match all on one Xbox sounds absolutely hilarious, but also impractical. 4 is a good number. I just wish they would push for better LAN/Local support in games. I mean, you won't need eight players on one console if you have have four players on two consoles, right?

The main ability is not for 8 simultaneously players, just for ease of transition between multiple players. During football season i have a fairly large amount of friends over on Sunday and we tend to play between big games so this is great!

I understand the point but do you really have 7 other controllers there? That seems ridiculous haha.

Back