Xbox One XBOX ONE X FULL SHUTDOWN

R88AUL

Evening all.

Question regarding full shutdown and start ups.

I'm new to the whole Xbox One X system...

I've just spend a few days away with work and a couple of days ago had the missus do a full shutdown on the xbox after a couple of days in standby mode whilst it downloaded updates etc.

Now when she shut it fully down from the power menu it took somewhere in the region of 45+ min to shutdown and turn it self off. It wasn't flashing the power button on the xbox either. The screen wasn't displaying anything nor saying missing input... until after the xbox shut itself down and turned off.

Then today I've come home, turned it on using the controller and it's started up but no logo or circuit board screen nothing. Controller and console on, but no display.... just a grey ish screen, again not saying no signal etc. I checked all HDMI plugs and they were fine.

I then turned the console off 5 odd min later from the console button as the controller wouldn't do anything... held it for like 5 seconds, then pressed it again to turn on and it started up with the circuit board screen into the green logo screen, then the Xbox dash as normal.

Console the Gears of war edt and is only a month old... is this a serious issue?
Or just sometimes will take a pretty long time to turn on from a full shutdown that's been left off for a while?

Sorry for the long post but have no idea what was going on.

TIA

Oh joys! Just what I didn't want to hear lol

Thanks mate appreciate your help.

Well I also recently bought Xbox One S and after 2 months of use, 2 days it did exactly what yours did after shutting down 45 min kept running in background. But I never had power up start up issues, thank god it is working smoothly and mine was refurbished.

Back