Xbox 360 Xbox Originals on the 360.

heavensdevil

Do you guys use the Xbox 360 to play Xbox Original games? I just found Ninja Gaiden Black and have been using the 360 to play since I don't have the Xbox. Is there any difference between playing on the 360 and the Xbox in terms of graphics?

It's always been hit or miss for compatibility for me. Some games work, some aren't even recognized. Because of that I gave up hope of playing original Xbox games on my 360. But at least there are quite a few Xbox original games on the Live marketplace now. That's a sort of consolation I suppose.

I get to play most of my games on the 360 but I also can't play a lot of them. They normally tell me that the disk cannot be recognized but after a few updates it seems to me that I am able to play them now.

It only fully supports a few games but it's something. Sadly, Metal Wolf Chaos isn't supported :(

Gah, not sure if it's compatible but I just remembered the game XIII. Did anyone play this back in the day?

No I don't. I don't have any of the classics and even if I did, I doubt I'd go back to them. I'd much rather just play the games that are out now.

That's interesting, I always thought 360 wasn't backwards compatible with anything. Based on you guys it seems to be a trial and error thing, which is unfortunate. I wish there was a database that charted out which games are playable on 360 and which aren't. I bet plenty on the digital downloads are usable via disk yet consumers have bought them thinking they weren't despite having a physical copy.

If i could get my hands on some old Xbox Games the I would. I think you can downlaod some original games of the marketplace but i'm not too sure tough

That's funny you should ask, as much as I'm always saying the Xbox One needs backwards compatibility, I don't think I've ever played an original Xbox game on my 360.
I think that might be because it was a much larger quality gap between original and 360 as opposed to 360 and One.

Ace Combat Skies of Liberation is probably my favorite 360 original. Still play it a lot, I love the Ace Combat series.

Back