Xbox One Xbox & Turtle Beach Partner Up for Xbox One Headsets

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
Microsoft and Turtle Beach have announced a partnership to produce new gaming audio products using the console's new proprietary chat port. Additional details about the new range of accessories aren't expected to arrive until E3, but the company promises pricing and release information will be revealed in "the coming weeks."

Just like Apple with the iPhone 5. Microsoft has to change up the ports on the controller to make the Xbox 360 headsets incompatible with the next-gen console. A way for them to get more money or just better technology? I just hope they include a good headset with the console this time around now that they've partnered up with a good headset manufacturer such as Turtle Beach. However, in the article on IGN they said that Turtle Beach is said to be "among the first" to market with the new audio products for the Xbox One, Microsoft will be partnering with other brands as well. So Triton lovers don't worry, you'll have your choice of headsets at some point.

With the introduction of the Xbox One, Microsoft has abandoned the chat cable used currently in the Xbox 360, rendering current products from brands like Turtle Beach, Astro Gaming, Tritton, and others capable of delivering only in-game audio. What's more, the company intends to closely manage third-party accessories via a licensing program that would require manufacturers to adhere to strict guidelines in order to support the new platform.

That's interesting to know. Hopefully there will be some beats headphones as well.

Regarding them trying to get more money, I can surly see this. Microsoft is all about getting money. It is a shame really.

That's interesting to know. Hopefully there will be some beats headphones as well.

Regarding them trying to get more money, I can surly see this. Microsoft is all about getting money. It is a shame really.

Seeing how these are 3rd party headset companies that make these headsets, I don't see Microsoft making much money out of the whole thing honestly. They're just locking in the 3rd party software companies that are popular to make sure that they can provide quality products for the next console at launch.

So, they're partnering but not offering headsets with the package? Seems like a way to get money from my perspective.

Turtle Beaches are good though. They're probably the best company that produces gaming headsets out there. The talk about Astro's and SteelSeries and how they are so good annoys be. Most people that argue that fact can't even back up their reasonings. They claim that the gaming headsets have "surround sound" when in reality, they don't even know what they're talking about. Mini rant off-topic.

As someone that owns both consoles (and is considering that for the next generation) I am extremely disappointed with them making a unique port. I'm glad they want to get quality headsets but there are times where I need to pick up a really cheap $10 headset on the fly. It doesn't help that I break a lot of my headsets.

I do think it's great they are stopping some really bad headsets but I think they'd be better off making their own official headset. I'd love to see a balance between quality, price and usability and I think Microsoft would make a really good product.

Most gaming headsets are garbage, Turtle Beach are only slightly above average in this respect. I don't expect this one to model to be any different, and considering it uses an exclusive port, I definitely won't be buying it.

Back