Xbox One Xbox will be compatible with current-gen headsets

ozadin

Great news, hooray! Alberto Penello has confirmed that current-gen headsets will be compatible with the new Xbox One coming out, but with a special adapter. Unfortunately, the adapter will not be bundled with the package, and probably cost a bit, but it sure beats a $25 headset.

Xbox One owners will be able to use their current-gen and third-party gaming headsets with the upcoming console using an adapter designed by Microsoft, the company's lead planner for Xbox One Alberto Penello confirmed on Twitter.

Via Polygon

That is old news honestly when it was released that 360 headsets were not direct plug and play they also stated their would be an adapter or one was in the works.

It is a good thing as their are tons of 3rd party headsets that are great this would only make sense and was bound to happen by Microsoft or 3rd party.

It would sort of defeat the purpose to have an adapter that costs as much as a headset, because then you may as well go ahead and purchase another headset. I doubt it will ever reach half the price of a decent one though, since, after all, it is just an adapter. Personally, I would like to see what beneficial changes they could make to headsets with the new system rather than have them fall back on the old ones. It is optional, I guess. Quite a shame that it will not come bundled with the package.

What I hope is that all these little improvements will serve to win over the fan base they had lost, they were trying to expand too far and now it is time for Microsoft to actually listen to its consumers.

It would sort of defeat the purpose to have an adapter that costs as much as a headset, because then you may as well go ahead and purchase another headset. I doubt it will ever reach half the price of a decent one though, since, after all, it is just an adapter. Personally, I would like to see what beneficial changes they could make to headsets with the new system rather than have them fall back on the old ones. It is optional, I guess. Quite a shame that it will not come bundled with the package.

What I hope is that all these little improvements will serve to win over the fan base they had lost, they were trying to expand too far and now it is time for Microsoft to actually listen to its consumers.

for people like me who havnt bought a headset for the 360 example: turtle beach buying a new gen headset is an option especially concidering they are at the same price point. if i had a 100 dollar headset id be upset that the xbox one wasnt compatable somehow. i cant see their being much of a difference in latency or lag with sound or quality.. if their is a lag it will be milla seconds and un noticable while playing.

i still think its a smart move to have an adapter their is so many gamers with headsets they love and some have paid rediculous amount for. this is why i have held out of the 3rd party stuff on my 360 their are things id like but with the one comming out id rather invest in the next gen rather than previous. altho their is a killer headset i want i may pick up err or i may wait and get it when they release it for the xbox one.

Back