Xbox One You'll never see the same zombie twice - Dead Rising 3

Landshark

Website
www.youtube.com
A couple things stand out in the article below. First off, it seems capcom approached Microsoft with the exclusive deal or at least the idea for Dead Rising 3.

What also stands out to me is that Microsoft worked with Capcom in order to get DR3 up to where they wanted it. I think this helps emphasize the influence launch titles have on the console hardware and software. From reading the article it sounds like Microsoft made adjustments to help Capcom get what they needed out of the game. So now I wonder if Capcom and DR3 have helped push the limits of the launch hardware to everyone's benefit?

Dead Rising 3 will boast procedurally generated zombies, meaning that no two zombies will ever look the same.

For example, while texture reuse in previous Dead Rising games was common, the open world in Dead Rising 3 is completely handcrafted.

"You're looking at more custom work and less reuse," Jones said. "We're not using the same textures over and over again, nor are we using the same geometry over and again. Every building and every interior in Dead Rising 3 is hand made and hand crafted. You'll never see the same building twice."

Jones agreed that consumer demand for more detail in next-gen titles has made creating open world games a more expensive pursuit.

"Absolutely it costs more money and more time," he said. "But ultimately it yields a more unique experience and you'll run through the world and know where stuff is without looking at the map because everything has its own feel."

In order to achieve a more lifelike world, Capcom has also introduced procedurally generated zombies.

"You'll never see the same zombie twice," Jones said.

"It's all procedurally generated: hair styles, clothing, colours, textures. And the gore is too: missing jaws, missing eyes... it's all totally dynamic. That's a whole system that we built. We didn't just model the zombies, we had to model the pieces and the system puts them together."

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...afted-world/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

Back