Xbox One A white version of the Xbox may be released down the road

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
So is there anyone here that would be super gung-ho about getting a white XB1? I personally don't care what color my system is, as long as it works good, but I know so of you guys are into modding and painting yous systems, etc. So is this something that you would actually look forward to and make a special purchase for?

Previously we reported that Microsoft will be giving a special white edition of the Xbox One console to team members of the Xbox division. If you are consumed by the fire of jealousy, consider this to be some good news: supposedly an insider source in China revealed that the white next-gen Xbox One will be available to the consumer market some time after the console's initial launch in late November.

The source didn't get very specific about the time of availability, only saying "definitely into 2014". The white version will be pretty much identical to Microsoft's gift to Xbox team members, only lacking that "I MADE THIS" etching on the front panel, "all first party games" for free, and 1 year of free Xbox Live Gold membership as well. But hey, that's a white console you've probably been hoping for, right?

Via GamrConnect

It looks okay, but it would totally stand out like a sore thumb in my entertainment center.

whitexboxone.jpg

To be honest I don't care what colour my console is as long as it works well either. But buying a white XB1 may not be needed as you could just paint your black XB1 white. Personally I would like a different colour Xbox. Probably a nice lime green or bright yellow as they stand out and look awesome under bright light.

Ill stick with my black console. Looks nice all white, but all my other electronics in my shelf are black. Would look funny.

Looks pretty nice. Kind of expected. It won't be long until we'll be seeing special edition console skins.

A white console in this current world of black and glossy electronics belongs in the room that you are only allowed in once a week and never with your blue jeans on as they may rub off on the fabric. It's nice, but it gets the china closet treatment, only for special occasions and showing off.

i was going to say iirc employees or people close to the system get a white one. i think it look sweet. always want what you cant have.

I'm not crazy about a white console.Personally, I like the black, just like it is. It matches the rest of my electronics and looks good with my television. I think it would stick out like a sore thumb. Even if I add a skin, I think the black would still work the best under it in most cases.

Well, maybe it's because it's "different" i really fancy that color, so it would be a good thing to have a choice between the two.

Does it make me a bad person if my first thought upon reading the title of the thread was - "OMG Racists!"? No? Cool... what about um... What about if after reading the posting my thoughts were all like - "OMG! REVERSE-Discrimination!" Yes? Danggit!

I would be into a white console. I get sick of everything in my gaming collection being black in color. It would be a nice change of pace. I do have an indigo colored gamecube which actually looks really cool. Does anyone paint their consoles? I could see myself doing that someday when I'm bored.

I don't care what color my system is. Although I prefer having a black console because they stay cleaner. If you get a white console, it is more likely to get dirty. For those who mod systems, they are more likely to purchase a white system.

I don't care what color my system is. Although I prefer having a black console because they stay cleaner. If you get a white console, it is more likely to get dirty. For those who mod systems, they are more likely to purchase a white system.

What is causing your system to get dirty? All that collects on my consoles is dust which actually shows a lot more on black units as opposed to white units. Honestly, the color of the system doesn't really matter at all to me.

I agree, that system looks okay. I use to be into the color of my system. As I got older I stopped caring much. I am more into the game itself, than the color. It means nothing to me personally.

Eh. I like it when it's black. If it isn't it will stand out alot more and I personally don't think the Xbox should be that noticable. If you have a console it should be hidden so if it does overheat or do a flashing light or something, you don't yell at yourself because it stands out so much.

Eh. I like it when it's black. If it isn't it will stand out alot more and I personally don't think the Xbox should be that noticable. If you have a console it should be hidden so if it does overheat or do a flashing light or something, you don't yell at yourself because it stands out so much.

How would color affect overheating? If anything keeping it hidden somewhere would be a problem

Wow, it will be great if we get an oppurtunity to choose between colors to buy the Xbox one, i will definitely go for the white version of my favorite Xbox One.

I really enjoy white consoles. Black is probably the better choice though because it will match almost any entertainment stand. Still there is something about a white console that screams chic to me. It just looks more modern than a black or other colored consoles.

a white one will be released and a cod one and bf4 and titanfall2 or whatever major release they try and bundle a xb1 wit to upsell. isnt their a red 360 shell from some bundle???

its bound to happen eventually with 5-15 years of life.

Back