Xbox 360 Buying Games Online

Epicfied

Do you guys ever buy any games online rather than in store? If so, where and what are your precautions?

I occasionally buy a game online if I see a good deal but I usually don't. I rarely find huge price differences and you also have shipping to worry about.
If I do buy online, I always make sure there's a return policy, especially for used games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always buy my games online, shipping fees never hurt me because they're mostly free, and there are occasionally more offers online than there are in physical stores like Target, Best Buy, and Gamestop. It's also more convenient since you don't have to put on your clothes and get out of your house.

I always buy my games online, shipping fees never hurt me because they're mostly free, and there are occasionally more offers online than there are in physical stores like Target, Best Buy, and Gamestop. It's also more convenient since you don't have to put on your clothes and get out of your house.
I sell online a lot because GameStop cheats you on that end, but I usually am fine with stopping by GameStop if I'm in town an picking up an Xbox game.
I buy online for PC all of the time though... it's a ton easier. haha
Where do you buy?

I sell online a lot because GameStop cheats you on that end, but I usually am fine with stopping by GameStop if I'm in town an picking up an Xbox game.
I buy online for PC all of the time though... it's a ton easier. haha
Where do you buy?

It really depends since there are so many sites that sell Xbox games. I usually go on Amazon most of the time since it's my go-to website for everything I need to buy online. Sometimes, I would visit eBay or Newegg for occasional deals on either xbox controllers, or games.

It really depends since there are so many sites that sell Xbox games. I usually go on Amazon most of the time since it's my go-to website for everything I need to buy online. Sometimes, I would visit eBay or Newegg for occasional deals on either xbox controllers, or games.
I never really thought about Newegg. I always use Newegg to buy computer parts or figure out what I want for my next build, but I don't usually connect it with my Xbox.

Sometimes I buy from Amazon, but that's it. I prefer to buy from a store directly. Much easier. No shipping issues or whatever the hell.

Of course, unless it's PC. PC's just... all about digital for me, man.

I almost always get my games from Amazon. I think the process is much easier than going out to a store. The only downside is that I'm at the mercy of UPS, while you Gamestop lovers can go to midnight releases, pick up a game when your running errands, etc. *sigh*

I don't think i ever bought a game that wasn't online. Seriously, if you keep your eyes open, you end up saving a lot of money by only buying at the right times. Here is a place that is updated daily with current deals for Xbox 360 games:
Xbox 360 » SavyGamer

i started buying xbox arcade on xbox live i linked my paypal account to it not a direct cc.. ive only bought 3 games so far maybe 30bux in total. its ok nothing special.

we all know gamestop is best bet if local.. hopefully they will offer a digital copy later but as of now none... their game buy back is horrible.

i have sold locally to friends but most of the time i keep my games.

an ex used amazon prime allot and proably still does and loved it.

I buy pretty much all of my games online simply because most of the time they are cheaper but also more convenient. Especially with Amazon, with Prime I get next day delivery for free and it's just great, you don't have to leave him and put up with the clueless people at game stores.

i started buying xbox arcade on xbox live i linked my paypal account to it not a direct cc.. ive only bought 3 games so far maybe 30bux in total. its ok nothing special.

we all know gamestop is best bet if local.. hopefully they will offer a digital copy later but as of now none... their game buy back is horrible.

i have sold locally to friends but most of the time i keep my games.

an ex used amazon prime allot and proably still does and loved it.

I actually don't have my Xbox Live hooked up anymore or I would use it like Steam, haha. I'd have to agree though, GameStop buy-back sucks. I refuse to use it.
Is Amazon Prime really worth it?

I actually don't have my Xbox Live hooked up anymore or I would use it like Steam, haha. I'd have to agree though, GameStop buy-back sucks. I refuse to use it.
Is Amazon Prime really worth it?

amazon prime is decent. she loved it.. iirc its like 70 a year tho.... free shipping on anything you buy of amazon. plus if u ever get xbox gold memberhip back you get amazon prime live stream. it has a good selection of streamable movies,tv shows and some odd ball stuff. alf, good eats,tosh.o are on amazon prime app(similar to netflix)

if you had xbox live/gold i would suggest linking it to a cc on paypal that was its not linked directly to your bank account and you have 2 avenues to get money back. with stuff like pre ordering or buying games it is a great way to go imo. its always easier for a cc company to get their money back than it is you to get your saving back..

with the free games xbox is giving away monthy it gets you use to downloading digital content. with a few of the arcade games that are decent you dont feel bad about 5-10 dollar game with 5-10hrs of gameplay. it also gets you use to the dashboard purchasing.

hope that helps. i use her prime on my xbox for movies and recently started watching more of it than netflix. i like how netflix works with auto watch when watching a season and how seasons are bundled together but all in all once u get it down its nice.

amazon prime is decent. she loved it.. iirc its like 70 a year tho.... free shipping on anything you buy of amazon. plus if u ever get xbox gold memberhip back you get amazon prime live stream. it has a good selection of streamable movies,tv shows and some odd ball stuff. alf, good eats,tosh.o are on amazon prime app(similar to netflix)

if you had xbox live/gold i would suggest linking it to a cc on paypal that was its not linked directly to your bank account and you have 2 avenues to get money back. with stuff like pre ordering or buying games it is a great way to go imo. its always easier for a cc company to get their money back than it is you to get your saving back..

with the free games xbox is giving away monthy it gets you use to downloading digital content. with a few of the arcade games that are decent you dont feel bad about 5-10 dollar game with 5-10hrs of gameplay. it also gets you use to the dashboard purchasing.

hope that helps. i use her prime on my xbox for movies and recently started watching more of it than netflix. i like how netflix works with auto watch when watching a season and how seasons are bundled together but all in all once u get it down its nice.

I really really doubt I'll get it any time soon but it'd definitely be something I keep in mind for future. I have a ton of things $70 a year could go towards rather than that.
I don't buy enough on amazon for the free shipping to add up to more than that in a year. Especially since most times I try to find something with free shipping as it is.

it narrows the feild down.. she ordered bigger items so it payed for itself. tv's blue ray. she was furnishing her appartment and such. 70 is a chunk but when u can get a lower deal on an item and not pay shipping it adds up.

the whole prime stream is a bonus and she dosnt use it so i do.

but your right 70 is a chunk of change these days to have free.

it narrows the feild down.. she ordered bigger items so it payed for itself. tv's blue ray. she was furnishing her appartment and such. 70 is a chunk but when u can get a lower deal on an item and not pay shipping it adds up.

the whole prime stream is a bonus and she dosnt use it so i do.

but your right 70 is a chunk of change these days to have free.
I never even thought of getting Amazon Prime though. It's definitely something to think about since I'll be getting my own place sometime next year.
Getting free shipping on bigger items after paying $70 can definitely add up quick if you know you're going to be spending more than that in the long run.

Does Newegg or TigerDirect have anything similar?

not that i am aware of. nice thing with amazon is you can buy used and still get the free shipping it does add up quick. with tv or general elecronics.. not to mention the nick naks or fun stuff for decorating. the 70 dollars payed for itself in the first few months. plus if u think about the live stream price(netflix 8-10 a month) u can get prime with the live stream and free shipping on your orders and it ends up costing u little to nothing for a good live streaming on xbox one or 360.

they also have some type of digital library if u buy blue rays or dvd with digital code that it adds to your prime library. i dont use it and she hasn't used the digital code on a dvd or it would be in the library.. it is a neat feature i would actually take part in if i abandon my netflix... like i said right now im piggy backing her prime account.. but if i drop netflix id pick up prime for live stream.. i buy allot of dvd's and having the ability to make a digital library of videos not on prime would be sweet... especially with those big title that take a few years to make it to digital.

i use to use tiger direct but it got a little ehh.. only looked at newegg never tried it. if i can dig up a great electronics site i use to use ill send u the link.. its not bookedmarked on this computer.

i did a little comparison shopping.....

this is strickly for value purposes.

the item is
Logitech F540 wireless headset.

Amazon.com: Logitech F540: Home & Kitchen
amazon offers them at 159.00 new lowest on prime new is 82.00 new.

newegg
they are out of stock and no price listed

ebay
used is 50's new is in the 80-90 range..

ubid
Logitech F540 Wireless Headset for Xbox 360 & PS3

nw if u go amazon and buy used you can get a bit lower. and free shipping.. its where prime shines. reamember you can order memory foam mattress for a decent price and save 100 in shipping alone.. or 20-40 on shipping on a tv. allot of times they wil do a buy it now on auction sites but include shipping which raises the price up.

not that i am aware of. nice thing with amazon is you can buy used and still get the free shipping it does add up quick. with tv or general elecronics.. not to mention the nick naks or fun stuff for decorating. the 70 dollars payed for itself in the first few months. plus if u think about the live stream price(netflix 8-10 a month) u can get prime with the live stream and free shipping on your orders and it ends up costing u little to nothing for a good live streaming on xbox one or 360.

they also have some type of digital library if u buy blue rays or dvd with digital code that it adds to your prime library. i dont use it and she hasn't used the digital code on a dvd or it would be in the library.. it is a neat feature i would actually take part in if i abandon my netflix... like i said right now im piggy backing her prime account.. but if i drop netflix id pick up prime for live stream.. i buy allot of dvd's and having the ability to make a digital library of videos not on prime would be sweet... especially with those big title that take a few years to make it to digital.

i use to use tiger direct but it got a little ehh.. only looked at newegg never tried it. if i can dig up a great electronics site i use to use ill send u the link.. its not bookedmarked on this computer.

You have a great point with the Netflix vs Amazon Prime point. Even if you had a first month free promo, it'd be cheaper.
I usually use Newegg or Tiger Direct for computer parts if I'm building a computer or upgrading, not a full item.

Shipping can definitely add up and it's great to look into if you plan on buying a lot of stuff, or a lot of bigger items in general.
As I said, I'll definitely keep it in mind for next year.

I usually purchase my games in the store, but lately I've been finding myself ordering games online more and more often. I think the reason for this is since I use Amazon a lot, they often have special deals taking place so I figure why not take advantage of them. Plus, since I'm a member of Amazon Prime, I never have to worry about shipping cost. It won't be long until a start buying all my games online.

Back