Xbox 360 Buying use vs. buying new

I prefer to buy new because you exactly what you're getting, when you're buying used to you have to be anxious to know what's inside.

Well it depends on how much money you're willing to invest in. I would personally buy a new console, since I know it won't break down so fast or have any problems. I always stay away from used items.

I refuse to buy used games because I have been burned too many times. I've bought several games that did not work in my system. People lie about the condition all the time. Hey, maybe sometimes the games are operable in their console an inoperable in mine. That is possible but unlikely. It becomes very stressful and troublesome when you have to re-package a game and mail it back to the seller while hoping for a timely refund. I only buy new unless I am buying for my older consoles where I am basically forced to go used.

I would normally go with buying a new system because I hate buying used products. I would go with the used option if I was you, because you don't trust buying a console at retail price. Just beware that buying used consoles, can also come with a lot of flaws as well.

For me, it boils down to the price gap between new and used games. If there's about a $5 difference, I will opt for the new game, but if there is a significant difference, I will buy used. If I were financially able to, I'd buy new every time in support of the developer, but alas, I am not.

I'd be hesitant to buy used, especially from places like craigslist or ebay....gamestop or amazon I might consider. Look around and get a price range, and decide how much your security with it longterm is worth ;).

I always purchase new products. I am one of those people who would rather spend more money just to be safe. You know I don't really care about getting a better deal if the quality is bad or not up to par.

Depends really.. are you rich or are you poor or the amount of money you have at the time.

Depends really.. are you rich or are you poor or the amount of money you have at the time.

That's actually very true. When I was younger I would buy used games all the time because I was poor. Nowadays, I don't bother with the risk of a used game as I have the money to purchase new ones. I imagine that most people who purchase used games are lower middle class or flat out poor.

There is nothing wrong with buying used anywhere. They all have return policy's that cover you if something doesn't work, just make sure you buy it when your going to use everything so you don't wait too long to return anything. Also make sure they let you inspect everything int he store as well. There is nothing worse then getting all the way home and realizing the disc is super scratched up.

Buying pre owned is the best way. I always do it and it saves me tons. Of course you are going to have to be careful about all the descriptions and sellers. Double check everything. Always do it when you are alert and not sleepy. Too many times have I been tired or in a rush and bought the wrong thing.

I would just buy it new. If you here bad reviews about a game buy a used then it's cheaper. It really doesn't matter but if you buy a new one you can save alot of issues in the long run.

I've just bought used and I'm very happy over all with teh transaction. I spent about $100 on a lightly used 250 gig elite and it is working wonderfully so far. I'm also very happy with the fact that I didn't have to really get any accessories or anything like that, I just needed the system. That's where they get you, the extra controllers and accessories.

It depends on how long I am going to play it and if I am playing it for online am I going to need an online pass.Just want to play the campaign,used.If I want to play online and with friends meaning I am going to keep the game for a minute,new.

I'd always prefer to buy new... It's so easy to scratch your discs that you never know how bad the disc you're going to buy will be (even though they are checked for playability). Even so, as the price can be even less than half at new, buying second hand is a good choice especially if you don't miss out on any memberships or extra content.

I used to buy new when games first released. What a stupid decision. Buying used is the way to go, provided that the game disk is not all scratched up. Aside from buying used, any new games on sale is also the better bet. This is why I don't buy games when they first release, as I usually wait till they go on sale a few months later.

Almost 80% of my games are pre-owned, most of the ones who are not were games I just couldn't wait to play or needed a separate code to play online.
You save so much money if you get them used, that way you can buy more games overall and as I own two different systems being able to pay less for more is great.

I buy used whenever possible. it's just a frugal thing for me and an easier way to justify the expense of gaming. I almost always purchase used games and often purchase used systems, though usually though certified vendors like Gamestop. Yes, I know that they overcharge, but the system has been tested and has a 30 day warranty. So it makes me feel a bit better. I did buy my Wii new, but regretted it very quickly as interest waned fast.

The house I lived in in college half of us bought used and the other half new, all of our consoles red ring of death'd but the used ones much much sooner then the ones bought new. I've since gotten a 360 S and had zero issues with it though.

My gut feeling is the new ones are much more solid and a used one should hold up just fine ;)

You can trust Gamestop's systems. Even if they don't work, you can return them. I can't remember the length of the warranty off the top of my head though.

Back