Xbox 360 Call of Duty vs Battlefield

Battlefield or COD? Which do you like better?

• Battlefield

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • COD

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Neither-I'm not a big fan of shooters.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
So, what game franchise do you prefer and why? I personally like COD better than Battlefield. I like the smaller maps. My hubby likes Battlefield better, but he is better at shooters in general. I don't have the patience to play Battlefield, and I like closer quarters maps. Yes, I'm one of those PITA's that likes the chainsaw in GOW. Call it a noob weapon, but I have no problem getting kills! Anyways, it seems like the general consensus is that Battlefield is a bit more realistic...Just curious!

Definitely Battlefield. As you mentioned, Battlefield is much more realistic and more objective based than COD. Although COD has teams, I can assure you that is not the focus as is very prevalent in online play. Battlefield has perks you can use to heal other players and vehicles, or supply ammo to your team which works toward your team winning the match. COD does have great graphics and mechanics and is fun to play nevertheless, but of the two I choose BF!

I like Battlefield better. That's not to say I don't play COD, because I do. But COD I can pretty much play half asleep and still be decent at. Battlefield however, if I'm not fully awake and thinking, chances are I shame myself. Plus I like the larger fields of battle.

So the ultimate FPS decision, Do you prefer Call of Duty or Battlefield? Personally, I prefer Call of duty because the game play is SO MUCH better and also the graphics are better. Even since I was young, I've been playing Call of duty so I do have to admit it is kind of a habit to pick Call of duty over Battlefield.

So guys what do you think?

I agree. I just couldn't really get into Battlefield as much and found the gameplay to be lacking. FPS is my first choice in gaming, but I've tried both of these and COD is better. ;)

I agree. I am also biased against Battlefield. I have always known Call of Duty and I am very familiar with their game play versus Battlefield. I do like the campaign mode in Battlefield though. I think the multiplayer is lacking however and I definitely prefer Call of Duty for multiplayer over Battlefield.

I'm more of a Battlefield guy. The advantage it has that it stresses a better point of making you feel like you're a part of a grand war. That's the reason for such gigantic maps.

Just curious which game franchise is your favorite? I'm a COD guy. I'm not as big of a fan of the wide open maps of Battlefield. I'm just not patient enough I guess. I like more action.

There's another discussion up about this....I'm into COD myself. I don't think I know anyone that prefers battlefield, come to think of it.

I'm also more into Battlefield. I'm not really into Call of Duty, although I loved Call of Duty 4 and actually was surprised by Black Ops 2 in terms of how good it was. My favourite Battlefield is Bad Company 2. I may be alone here though, but I was disappointed in Battlefield 3.

I like Call of Duty better just because that's what most of my friends play. Battlefield is good though, and every once and a while I jump on by myself for a few matches.

Ditto, the only reason why I picked COD is because that is what friends are playing. I enjoy both games, I just enjoy more if I am playing with friends. Though out of topic but I prefer Halo among all games.

Yeah i have to agree, its hard to find people on your friends list playing battlefield even if its a great game. COD is just so popular because of brand recognition.

I ply call of duty a lot more than I've ever played battlefield games, but I'm switching over to Battlefield after the next installment.

I like battlefield more because the teamwork is amazing with the whole reviving and having to provide ammo and such to teammates.

So the ultimate FPS decision, Do you prefer Call of Duty or Battlefield? Personally, I prefer Call of duty because the game play is SO MUCH better and also the graphics are better. Even since I was young, I've been playing Call of duty so I do have to admit it is kind of a habit to pick Call of duty over Battlefield.

So guys what do you think?

It really depends on your play style in my opinion. My brother loves Battlefield and says that there is nothing Call of Duty can do to lure him back in. I on the other hand prefer Call of Duty. However, I do play Battlefield sometimes.

Cod is the ultimate game. It's the biggest game franchise for a reason. Even if you don't play it as much as before, there's a whole new younger market taking our places as we speak to give them money.

Both games are good, but I've played more Call of Duty. I generally only play over at friends' houses.
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but FPS games give me headache and make me feel sick (kind of like motion sickness).
It's not as bad on the PC though.

Back