Xbox One Chances of getting an Xbox One without preordering

iCYN1C

Hello,
I'm not sure if this is the write place to ask this question (I'm a newbie as you call tell :p):

I didn't preorder an Xbox One and I'm just wondering what the chances are that I can get my hands on a console within the first week of release? I know Best Buy (maybe other stores as well) are keeping a small amount of consoles aside for those who didn't preorder but I doubt I'll get there in time to buy one. Is the console going to restock asap? Or am I gonna have to wait a while just like I did for Xbox 360? Just to clarify, I'm from Canada (If that helps).

Thank you!

Best Buy is probably your best bet (pun!). I heard they will have stock on the shelves on release day. I'd get there really early though, before they open (are they doing a midnight release?).

Not many people are buying it. You should have no problem buying one.

Your chances of getting an xbox one within the first week of release will probably be extremely slim to none. However you might luck out for today I went on Gamestop website and was surprise that I could pre order an Playstation 4. So I wont say that its impossible, but the odds are not in your favor. I would assume that both Microsoft and Sony will attempt to send out another shipment to retailers before the holidays and/or soon afterwards.

Hello,
I'm not sure if this is the write place to ask this question (I'm a newbie as you call tell :p):

I didn't preorder an Xbox One and I'm just wondering what the chances are that I can get my hands on a console within the first week of release? I know Best Buy (maybe other stores as well) are keeping a small amount of consoles aside for those who didn't preorder but I doubt I'll get there in time to buy one. Is the console going to restock asap? Or am I gonna have to wait a while just like I did for Xbox 360? Just to clarify, I'm from Canada (If that helps).

Thank you!

The Best Buy I work at has 16 PS4's for walk in on the Midnight launch event. Will let you know about the XBOX one next week.

I think your chances are very slim.
Go to a Best Buy and maybe if you're lucky you'll get one. You'd also have to go to the midnight launch event and see if you can grab one.

Hello,

Thank you!

Slim to none at best, especially in the first week. Best bet is to wait on a midnight launch, otherwise try to hit a store on black Friday or closer to Christmas. To avoid the hassle just wait till after the holidays.

Not many people are buying it. You should have no problem buying one.

Was that sarcasm? Hope so! Otherwise you're delusional, lol.

Slim to none at best, especially in the first week. Best bet is to wait on a midnight launch, otherwise try to hit a store on black Friday or closer to Christmas. To avoid the hassle just wait till after the holidays.

Was that sarcasm? Hope so! Otherwise you're delusional, lol.
Oh there was a bit of sarcasm in that. :D But i'm sure businesses won't sell out.

Im pretty sure x1's are still available from jbhifi on launch day here in Australia... If that helps :p (at least the jb hifi near me)
everyone is buying ps4s it seems.

Oh there was a bit of sarcasm in that. :D But i'm sure businesses won't sell out.

Your kidding right??? My guess is after 12:01 on release day, they will be gone until after the end of the year. MS already
stated just about every unit made was already accounted for and last preorders I saw had shipping dates of 12/31.

Highly doubt you'll see systems on shelves until after the first of the year. Even then, I'm guessing it will be around Spring when you'll see them slowly start hitting the shelves.

In regards to finding a system, you may want to try a 24 hour Walmart (if you have one in your area in Canada). They generally have a few systems for sale during the launch but not many. Worth a shot.

J

What about purchasing the console online from Amazon? Do you think they'll restock quicker than a retailer?

Do you have a Costco membership? I'm not sure if they even sell consoles, but for the last couple of Call of Duty games (excluding Ghosts, which I haven't gotten) Costco would have plenty of copies day one. A place like Gamestop having extras seems incredibly unlikely, but a Target or Walmart doesn't seem impossible.

I would assume it would be pretty low for either console seeing as both are quite popular with the hip young people, like others have said your best bet would be to maybe ask a few different stores and just come in on midnight release or whenever they actually release it.

I would just say go camp out or just go to any of the big retailers for the Xbox one. Maybe go to Furtureshop or something.
I also heard that not too many people are going to buy it because of the thing on reddit.
I would assume that it wouldn't be sold out because of that and also because it has a later release date than PS4.

At least where I live, I don't really need to worry too much on wanting to get the Xbox One before stock runs out. When I tried to get most consoles back then, the one where I had to stay out for hours in the cold was the Wii. Best Buy had armored trucks carrying stock, and I can already imagine what they'll do for my area to deal with any retaliation from people setting camp in lines.

I believe that Walmart will have extra systems on hand for folks that didn't preorder. I'd check before going though...

J

Back