Xbox One Day One update for Xbox One.

Microsoft has also been incredibly good at making sure that downloads and updates only take about 15 minutes at most. Even when the entire populace of 360's out there are turned on at once, their updates don't take very long. I don't believe that everyone will be turning on the Xbox One all at the same time so the resource consumption rate should actually be less.

I think everyone will be fine for the update, and its probably okay, if you think about how software affects how fans run, how fast processors work, no melting on day one, yes?

Microsoft has also been incredibly good at making sure that downloads and updates only take about 15 minutes at most. Even when the entire populace of 360's out there are turned on at once, their updates don't take very long. I don't believe that everyone will be turning on the Xbox One all at the same time so the resource consumption rate should actually be less.

I think everyone will be fine for the update, and its probably okay, if you think about how software affects how fans run, how fast processors work, no melting on day one, yes?

Agreed. And we're talking about 1-2 million Xbox One's sold. So it's not like they are adding THAT much stress to their network over what they have on a regular basis with the Xbox 360.

Me either, the always online format never bothered me, I'm always connected anyway,, and the update is such a petty thing to debate,,,

Man, you people with "plans". lol.

The only thing I plan everyday is not dying. Everything else is chaotic at best. I just can't download something and walk away hoping nothing goes south. I'm way too OCD for that. I realize there's nothing I can do should something happen, but it makes me feel better to stare at the slow moving downloading icon screaming "THAT'S how fast you move? That's why everyone hates you. Go faster!"

Sounds like you go it figured out though dude! :cool:

Same here! I thought everyone harassed their downloads. ;) Does seem like it would be nice to have a solid plan, though.

I'm not surprised at all to hear that there will be a Day 1 update for the system; I'm sure there will be plenty of other updates as time passes as well. I think it's just par for the course when you consider the fact that technology is improving faster than the hardware production can keep up with.

no one complained about ios7 and within 24hrs a patch comes out..

the tecnology and user interface alone is hopped up windows operating system.. we know their are consoles in peoples hands already. games played,movies watched,tv tuner used. microsoft cant update every console pre purchase its not like its build at microsoft headquarters. so with that said an update is expected. people will find something to wine about no matter what it seems.

look at what your getting and the new tec and the fact its something new and just take it for that. its next gen its going to have tweeks and bugs expect patches,updates monthly.

i have said it about every aspect of the next gen from console,game,cloud,dedicated servers,kinect. the more it gets used the more data they get the better it will work and it will require updates/patches to do this. folks its not something new we still get 360 updates and patches at we are 7++years into the 360.

has anyone watched fox nfl??? they are running a similar ui as xbox one and windows surface.. i seen it today for first time..

The Wii U had it, a really long one too and the PS4 will probably too. My question is, i know that is a lot easier to just patch anything later, but, if they still have the consoles in there, why not upgrade the firmware before releasing?

The Wii U had it, a really long one too and the PS4 will probably too. My question is, i know that is a lot easier to just patch anything later, but, if they still have the consoles in there, why not upgrade the firmware before releasing?

Consoles have been in production for a while now. They're not just "in there".

It's obvious that developers will have a Day One update, whether it be for the Xbox One or PS4.
They've already manufactured their consoles for release, are packaging it, and preparing for shipping to retailers sometime in the near future. With all these machines manufactured and finished already, the developers still have time to upgrade software and firmware, but they can't really provide these updates to all the unreleased machines that have already been manufactured.

Back