Xbox One Digital or hard copy

What would u do if your disc gets damaged though

If mine gets damaged I keep it in a storage and never play it. I get a digital copy and play that instead. At least I get to keep a copy. If the prices go lower I might but the same game on hard copy just for my collection. (Well I collect stuff as well)

If mine gets damaged I keep it in a storage and never play it. I get a digital copy and play that instead. At least I get to keep a copy. If the prices go lower I might but the same game on hard copy just for my collection. (Well I collect stuff as well)

I do the same thing. I have a collection from Nes to the other consoles. I haven't gotten a Xbox (the first one)

I'm both. There are games I want to get digital, and there are games I want to get in disc. Sometimes, if there's a game I know I want but a friend is offering to let me borrow, I'll do that. But, if there's a game Sony is giving me digitally via PS+ (I'm currently a PS3/Vita owner. Don't have the XB1 yet) and it's awesome, I'm willing to download it.

Same as thedoodseven. Depends on the game for me, but when it comes to PC games... I've become a digital person. I can't remember the last time I even bought a hard-copy of a PC game. Steam has been my haven for the PC games.

Same as thedoodseven. Depends on the game for me, but when it comes to PC games... I've become a digital person. I can't remember the last time I even bought a hard-copy of a PC game. Steam has been my haven for the PC games.

Yup, Steam's my haven as well for the PC games. I don't know... I mean, all you do is just put the disc and install when you buy physical but with digital, download and install. You don't have to fill a shelf. And it's fast too.

I like the ease of switching between the digital games. If they continue with the discount on online games I would be 100% digital. They should offer a discount as they don't have to pay to manufacture, package, and ship the disk.

I like the ease of switching between the digital games. If they continue with the discount on online games I would be 100% digital. They should offer a discount as they don't have to pay to manufacture, package, and ship the disk.

That would be really convenient for everyone since we can get them easier and without any scratches or packaging damage.

Exactly. Steam's already proven to me that going digital with PC games is awesome. As for PS3/Vita, the PS+ has already proven to me going digital is awesome too but I'm still partially physical 'cuz of games that are just way too big to download and because some games (e.g. Kingdom Hearts HD) aren't available online and because I just love to look at the games' boxes.

What are people buying digital games from market place or hard copies? I like the whole using voice control to switch games and not having to use discs or make a trip to the store is it worth it?

Depends on the game itself but if the game I want is disc-only, then disc-only. If the game is physical or digital, I always think of the convenience. So it depends on the game. But when it comes to the PC, I'm all-digital thanks to Steam, GOG.com.

Depends on the game itself but if the game I want is disc-only, then disc-only. If the game is physical or digital, I always think of the convenience. So it depends on the game. But when it comes to the PC, I'm all-digital thanks to Steam, GOG.com.

Same here. Most of the games that I got on PC are digital. Steam does good business selling all the digital stuff.

I've recently got a digital copy myself on a cheaper price. So I guess it does have it's benefits. If they can give us discounted prices on all games I would definitely go for a digital game instead of a getting a hard copy.

I've recently got a digital copy myself on a cheaper price. So I guess it does have it's benefits. If they can give us discounted prices on all games I would definitely go for a digital game instead of a getting a hard copy.

I'm into it now that I see how convenient it can be for all of us.

Same here. Most of the games that I got on PC are digital. Steam does good business selling all the digital stuff.

Right? Steam has become the haven for it. I mean, man... it's awesome to just pick the game in your library, and then when you're bored, you pick another game right at the click of a button. Awesome.

Right? Steam has become the haven for it. I mean, man... it's awesome to just pick the game in your library, and then when you're bored, you pick another game right at the click of a button. Awesome.

Yeah, steam is really a gaming haven for all pc gamers. Love what they did to it and I hope it can be done as well for all consoles.

Yeah, steam is really a gaming haven for all pc gamers. Love what they did to it and I hope it can be done as well for all consoles.

I think it's getting there with consoles. Slowly but surely, digital sales for consoles is finally becoming Steam-like at a slower rate of course. Not yet there but it's getting there.

using torrents might be useful. Well that is it microsoft will or can allow it for users like us.

Yeah, if they can. Torrents can be used for good but as of now, I don't think the views on torrents will change in the meantime.

Back