Xbox 360 Do you care about Avatar items?

Chase

If you look at my avatar of my Avatar? (That is weird to say...) You can see that I have the Red Dead Redemption clothes and one of the Helmets from Halo Reach. If you look at the gamer picture in my GamerTag you will see I have the FOTUS Armor from the Limited Edition Halo 4 Console. Do you guys care about Avatar items from Limited Editions or from achievements from games?

I sold my Halo Reach edition Xbox on Ebay to buy a Halo 4 Limited Edition. Just because I wanted all the goodies that came with it. The console and controllers are cool and all, but for some reason I really like the in game stuff.

Anyone do anything similar?

I always say that it's the little details that make up for it, and this comes to the avatar as well. It's not like i try to have everything or i change it that many times, but i try to make mine with the items i like and that is it. For me it's not how rare or expensive they are, but how they look.

I'm not really fazed as how my avatar looks, i hardly see him any way so it doesn't bother me and it seems like a waste of money imo.

I don't when I have to spend money for it but if it's free or an avatar award then I'll jump on it. Only thing I've ever spent money on was the golden fleur de lis from hitman blood money as my gamer pic and I still am using it to this day haha (it's my friends only one so don't try and get smart :p)

I really couldn't care less about avatars. My xbox is hacked so people online don't really get to enjoy my presence, but even if they did I'd probably just make my avatar a dude with jeans and a t-shirt. Kicking it casual, yo! Although that would be really misleading, as I play in my boxers most of the time, haha!

I really like it when games have Avatar awards. It's a nice bonus, IMO. But I wouldn't buy a piece of clothing for my avatar, though. Hardly see the lil' guy, anyway!

I have never actually bought an Avatar item from the Store, but I have bought items, more or less, because I knew there was an Avatar item included. Or it swayed me one way or the other. Which is silly, because of how little I actually have time to play it anymore. But, I have bought special editions particularly knowing I would be getting an Avatar item. The extra DLC, Map Packs, etc. Eh, the Avatar items is where it is at... :p

If you look at my avatar of my Avatar? (That is weird to say...) You can see that I have the Red Dead Redemption clothes and one of the Helmets from Halo Reach. If you look at the gamer picture in my GamerTag you will see I have the FOTUS Armor from the Limited Edition Halo 4 Console. Do you guys care about Avatar items from Limited Editions or from achievements from games?

I sold my Halo Reach edition Xbox on Ebay to buy a Halo 4 Limited Edition. Just because I wanted all the goodies that came with it. The console and controllers are cool and all, but for some reason I really like the in game stuff.

Anyone do anything similar?

I personally don't really care about the cosmetic features in XBOX, i'm in it for the competitive nature of video of multiplayer videos games. Honestly the only reason any of the cosmetic avatar type stuff is changed from default on my console is from my little cousin coming over and messing w/ it. They try to sell you on all these things you don't really need, if I'm going to pay for XBOX 360 points or w.e (credits?) then it's on a game or a map pack , or at least something functional that benefits the gaming experience not visual things. I'm kind of a prude to visual candy though, I actually prefer a lot of older games because of the gameplay and story line over new games that suck as far as gameplay but have spectacular graphics reaching the limits of what an XBOX 360 can do.

I personally don't really care about the cosmetic features in XBOX, i'm in it for the competitive nature of video of multiplayer videos games. Honestly the only reason any of the cosmetic avatar type stuff is changed from default on my console is from my little cousin coming over and messing w/ it. They try to sell you on all these things you don't really need, if I'm going to pay for XBOX 360 points or w.e (credits?) then it's on a game or a map pack , or at least something functional that benefits the gaming experience not visual things. I'm kind of a prude to visual candy though, I actually prefer a lot of older games because of the gameplay and story line over new games that suck as far as gameplay but have spectacular graphics reaching the limits of what an XBOX 360 can do.

Yes that's my oppinion too...I just don't care.

I honestly couldn't care less about avatars, I don't know, they just seem so, pointless to me.

I am not saying that they are not pointless, because they have no real effect on the game. But, for some reason the collecting of them is a bit addictive to me. I have bought special editions and controllers because of the avatar rewards. I didn't buy things that I didn't need. I usually had been meaning to replace my controller for some time by the time I actually buy something new. I like the look of my Halo xbox, the fact that it came with avatar and in game items was purely a bonus.

I am not saying that they are not pointless, because they have no real effect on the game. But, for some reason the collecting of them is a bit addictive to me. I have bought special editions and controllers because of the avatar rewards. I didn't buy things that I didn't need. I usually had been meaning to replace my controller for some time by the time I actually buy something new. I like the look of my Halo xbox, the fact that it came with avatar and in game items was purely a bonus.

Yeah I could see that. It's almost like collecting "figurines" or whatever people collect IRL but in a digital form. It makes a lot more sense if you're getting things you would normally purchase but it's more of an added bonus on the side. For me it's more of like a desktop picture on the computer, just something I throw on there but don't pay too much attention to. I don't really know which avatars I have and don't go out of my way to get more, but I get what you mean.

I think i've spent 80 MSP on my avatar, and that's about it. I don't really mind about the cosmetic part of Xbox Live, but I do like it when a game gives out avatar awards - like Left 4 Dead 2. I used the Medkit avatar award from L4D2 for quite some time, until I got some other freebies.

The marketplace avatar items are the epitome of the word "gimmick", although I do have interest in the South Park ones, which I say with admitted hypocrisy. I like the awards, especially the difficult ones to earn, but playing avatar dress-up only has a limited appeal for me.

Honestly, I could care less about Avatar items. While some of them look pretty neat, actually being forced to spend real currency on them is a bit of a joke to me. I don't mind equipping the ones I unlock through game play like the hat for Red Dead Redemption, but actually BUYING an item to display is just downright stupid in my opinion.

I don't care much about fancy avatars and items. However I have few friends who are totally crazy about them. I often tease them about their avatars but they get easily offended. Frankly I don't understand why there is such a craze about them.

I just made my avatar using the free clothes and in my opinion they look better then all that limited edition stuff.

No, I really don't even care about avatars, don't get me wrong when I first saw the avatars I was amazed but now I could care less.

To be blunt, no. They seem like a waste of money. They're simply cosmetic and most people don't even notice them so why waste the money? That's just my opinion. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I prefer to spend my money on a new game or map packs.

Back