Xbox 360 Do you care about Avatar items?

Avatar items have never really mattered to me and the fact that people are willing to pay for such little random things that literally do nothing for them kind of confuses me. For my avatar items i just like unlocking them from my favorite games. Right now im wearing my 10 years of Xbox Live helmet which is really just to show off even though people think its just a cat helmet xD, my Rockstar games shirt that i unlocked from Red Dead, my Omni Blade from ME3 and some cargo pants or w/e haha. I just feel like people shouldnt be spending money on something that really just NEVER comes into play and when it does its just for a game that lasts for an hour or 2 lol.

I never thought i would care and thought the idea of avatar items was terrible when it first came out. As i started getting unlocks within games though all of a sudden I found myself collecting them and changing my character more often then i'd like to admit..

I personally don;t care that much about avatar items. I like my avatar to look cool, but I am not the kind of person who will buy any of the items. That is a huge waste of money in my opinion.

Avatar items are pointless IMHO. There's no reason I would spend real money on them. Now, tie them to achivements or use gamerscore to buy stuff, then sure, I'd be interested, but not real money.

I don't.
For me the game is way more important then some Avatars

Nope. I haven't played any games that use Xbox Avatars as the characters, so it'd be a waste.

Besides, I don't agree with spending money specifically for cosmetic items - the only exception being to support smaller developers.

I always say that it's the little details that make up for it, and this comes to the avatar as well. It's not like i try to have everything or i change it that many times, but i try to make mine with the items i like and that is it. For me it's not how rare or expensive they are, but how they look.

I'm in absolute agreement with Mr. Solaris here. It is the little things that really make an experience more enjoyable. Last night I helped my girlfriend set up her own profile on my Xbox (so we could play some of the more user friendly multiplayer games) and she spent so much time, in a good way, designing her avatar. She doesn't have XBL so she didn't have access to a lot of the cooler items so when we switched back to my avatar she got to see all of the cool stuff that I've been collecting over time. The best thing about avatar customization is that it is cheap to purchase really cool items but, also, if you have a good eye you will find all of the free stuff in the marketplace.

I have a somewhat decent look to mine, so I've stopped caring about cosmetics pretty much altogether. It's the same as gamerscore, once you have a decent amount of them it just stops being fun.

i think i have the same one since i started my live account. i did change my shirt over to the green xbox one tshirt.. oddsa re when i get my one on a few days i will go back to same old same old.

some people try way to hard with them tho.. some are decent with themes and stuff around them others are just plain stupid.

Back