Do you listen to music when you play ?

Only once in a while sometimes I want to hear what's going on around me so I don't play it.

That depends. If I am playing with friends then I throw on my headset and we have a party chat, but if I am playing alone and not in multiplayer mode then I put on music. I love listening to the music I like when I explore worlds. I also play if in multiplayer modes on GTA because some people are boring or just trolling.

Normally, I just listen to the game's music. Sometimes I will make my own soundtrack for a racing game though. Or there is always the lovely mute button if the game's music is awful.

I tried once but I messed up because it interfered with my concentration.

I don't see anyone who wouldn't listen to music while playing. It livens up the game and makes it more enjoyable to play for long hours. I always play some up-tempo songs when I'm playing Call of Duty or some other FPS games. Nothing pumps you up more than that.

I like to listen to music while I play depending on what game I'm playing. Certain games I need to concentrate and music does not help. Depending on the game I love to listen to music while I play. Sometimes a certain song can pump me up while I'm playing and it will make me do better. Music also has an effect on your mood. Scientists at the University of Missouri have found that people can boost their mood simply by listening to upbeat music. When I'm playing a game online competing against others I like to listen to Juicy J.

Never tried it. I like to try and listen for enemies as I am mediocre at best and need all the help I can get. Maybe I should try it, probably can't hurt.

I do sometimes, it just depends on my mood. I think listening to music can help me play better now and then but this is not something I would do very often.

I just like to listen to the sounds of the game. It is less distracting for me for the most part.

I don't like to listen to anything when playing and even turn the ingame music off and just listen to the sound effects turned all the way up.

I actually turn off music on any racing game i play, i like to concentrate on my driving. If its a game like GTA, I like music in the car, but not necessarily while on foot. In other words, i just rely on in game music, except in racing games.

Sometimes, but not all the time. I listen to music from time to time when I play games, just because I feel like it. It's mainly only when I play with myself though. When I'm playing together with friends online, I usually only have their voices and the game sounds heard for easier communication. Music in this case would only hinder our communication. Concentration isn't really a big factor for me as I just play for fun, not competitively or too serious, so I guess you can say both gaming and music combined together helps me relax and relieve some stress.

I play my music for ambience, but typically my television is louder than the music if I'm trying to win competitively, and vice-versa. It is only a distraction if you make it one through focusing on it, but if you just like that background sound in addition to the game, its a great thing to have and lightens the mood if the game is going poorly.

When playing on consoles I always have the game music playing. I tried listening to music while playing, but it just felt odd.

As for handhelds, iOS or PC gaming, I do sometimes have music playing. These are usually games like Pokemon (with lots of grinding involved), in which music can help break the repetitiveness, or online PC games, in which there aren't any cutscenes or anything that would be ruined by music.

As a general rule, RPGs are a no-go for music.

Just curious.

I play music when i'm playing modern warfare, it helps me get more kills for some reason.

I don't listen to music when I'm playing Call of Duty but I do whenever I'm playing Grand Theft Auto. I think Grand Theft Auto is about the only game that I can really listen to music while I'm playing it. It becomes a distraction during any other game.

I love me some EDM while playing online shooters! Nothing better than listening to some chill beats while stringing in a kill streak.

Back