Do you listen to music when you play ?

I'm the same really, in fact I might listen to music a bigger percentage of the day than that to be honest.

The only time I've not got music on is when I AM playing come to think if it!

Reactions: Guy
I tend to listen to music when I'm playing on XBox Live. I love bustin' head on Halo with some hardcore 90's gangster rap playing the background. Can't tell me nothing! :cool:

90's gangsta rap got me through many finals, midterms and all-nighters. There's something magical about a guy that doesn't give a f*** who sells cocaine and can't sleep right

I tend to listen to YouTube videos while gaming unless it's a story heavy game.

I also listen to asmr while playing if the mood is right, sometimes quiet whispers do more for you during a game than music - noise cancelling headphones are where it's at.

Only during certain games. If I'm playing a game like an RPG or a sports title than no; however, If I'm doing street racing games or racing title than yes I will I feel like it adds to the game, honestly.

Reactions: Guy
@Norjak71, I feel the same way, only with certain niches games. I like using my surround sound with racing games and shooter, but if it's something like an adventure game depending if it's not a bigger series game like Uncharted, I'll just listen to my music and read the subtitles.

The music really puts me in a super mood of relaxation, and I love how I feel when playing games while listening to my music. Zone out.

I will play music sometimes when I am playing games like modern warfare. As I have stated in other posts I will turn off the sound if I start getting annoyed with trolls on the mic. When I do listen to music I don't do it through the TV, I will generally have my computer playing something. I find being able to hear the sounds of the game helpful. Playing deaf usually leads to myself being pwned :).

No I don't listen to music when I play. I prefer the sounds from the game. The music would just be a distraction to me.

I don't listen while playing or talk on the phone. It just depends on the game but in many cases I turn the in game music down to low levels.

I am surprised by seeing how many of you actually listen to music while playing. I would guess the majority doesn't listen to any.

I never listened to music while gaming because I feel way too distracted by it. I couldn't focus on what's happening in the game. Especially if it's a multiplayer FPS - how do you manage music with that? It seems impossible to me in game modes like Search and Destroy. Hearing the enemies footsteps and so on is crucial part of the game. If you'd listen to loud music while playing SnD you'd probably fail so much.

I always just have the games sound/music on, never my own.

Usually, I do! It gets me hyped and in the zone for whatever game I'm playing. The first time I started listening to music while playing games was for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Multiplayer (SAMP) for PC. It's a modded multiplayer that allows you to stream radio simultaneously. Certain games it doesn't work like Search and Destroy mode on an FPS game. Other games (like racing games) it works ideally because you don't have to listen carefully.

So to sum things up, yes, I do listen to music while playing games. It does, however, depend on what type of game I'm playing.

Back