Xbox One Future genres

Strykstar

What genres are you hoping are strong in Xbox One's lineup in the future?
Personally I'm hoping we get a lot of great RPG's and less shooters than we got in the last generation, I think those are a bit played out... Although if it's innovative like Titanfall then I'll welcome it :)

Personally I'm hoping we get a lot of great RPG's and less shooters than we got in the last generation, I think those are a bit played out... Although if it's innovative like Titanfall then I'll welcome it :)

Yup, I agree. Shooters are nice but too many of them... UGH. Too much can drag sometimes. RPGs man... Xbox needs them. If Sony and Nintendo can get more of them, why can't MSFT right? Another future genre they should get: visual novels. Yup, those. I want those kind.

I want to see more RPGs, more adventure games, some Sony-like new games (like an Ico or Shadow of the Colossus), and yes, visual novels.

Yes, more RPGs! We need more of those. I mean, look at Sony and Nintendo. Last-gen, they got a lot of innovative, awesome games that were NOT COD. Sure, they may not have been stellar in sales but they still did decent enough. And as spark_777 said, visual novels! Those kind can really spark some interest.

More RPGs please. and more of those "wow, this is different" kind of games. That's why when it comes down to it, I enjoy playing PS3 and Vita and PC 'cuz there's loads upon loads of different games that just are better than shooters. May not beat shooters in sales but they still consume my time. I would gladly play an hour of The Cave over shooters any day.

More RPGs please. and more of those "wow, this is different" kind of games. That's why when it comes down to it, I enjoy playing PS3 and Vita and PC 'cuz there's loads upon loads of different games that just are better than shooters. May not beat shooters in sales but they still consume my time. I would gladly play an hour of The Cave over shooters any day.

I too enjoy games more on PC. I think it's because it's way more adaptive to the gaming environment.

I too enjoy games more on PC. I think it's because it's way more adaptive to the gaming environment.

Yup. That's why it's good to see games come to the PC. The devs know there's a market for it. Even Square, who thought the PC was a load of trash, have seen that when they released versions of FF7 and FF8 on Steam, they saw potential. Even Metal Gear Rising came to Steam~! So yes, it's amazing to see PC come to life.

Seconding the need for more RPGs on Xbox. I think there is a ton of potential there. I'm glad we're seeing some Sony-only titles crossing over to Xbox, but I think we could see more. Xbox started off as more of a niche console, it's time for it to branch out with more titles and genres.

Seconding the need for more RPGs on Xbox. I think there is a ton of potential there. I'm glad we're seeing some Sony-only titles crossing over to Xbox, but I think we could see more. Xbox started off as more of a niche console, it's time for it to branch out with more titles and genres.

Like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts right?. Hmmm, I wouldn't say it's a niche console. It's actually quite the common console. What it doesn't get are the niche genres, actually. Sony and Nintendo get more of the niche genres, while Xbox gets the more common ones. That's why when I see titles like Demon Gaze, Puppeteer, Fatal Frame and other game titles, I know it's always Sony and Nintendo. So Xbox has to capture more of those niche titles if they really want to be diverse.

No, no... Xbox is NOT a niche console. It's actually become the common console, as thedoodseven. On the contrary, Xbox LACKS the niche games and genres which have a lot of devs, particularly Japanese devs, develop for Sony and Nintendo. So it's time it collected some exclusives and unique titles. 'Cuz most of the games on 360 that I like are already on other platforms which I own. As for the XB1, it has exclusives but then everything else is on other platforms. Not enough to justify a purchase.

Nope.. Xbox consoles are not niche consoles. At first, it was with the original Xbox but come the 360 it became more of the common console. I mean, most of the "best" games sans the exclusives are already in my PS3 or PC. So it's gotta have more exclusives and interesting niche games to really make it an engaging purchase.

No, no... Xbox is NOT a niche console. It's actually become the common console, as thedoodseven. On the contrary, Xbox LACKS the niche games and genres which have a lot of devs, particularly Japanese devs, develop for Sony and Nintendo. So it's time it collected some exclusives and unique titles. 'Cuz most of the games on 360 that I like are already on other platforms which I own. As for the XB1, it has exclusives but then everything else is on other platforms. Not enough to justify a purchase.

To be fair I'm pretty sure sony and nintendo get more japanese developers since they're japanese companies...I agree though that xbox could use some more niche genres but as the kinect grows hopefully there will be exclusively xbox genres

To be fair I'm pretty sure sony and nintendo get more japanese developers since they're japanese companies...I agree though that xbox could use some more niche genres but as the kinect grows hopefully there will be exclusively xbox genres

Depends, probably might grow or rather not. I don't see any improvements on the games made with kinect on it.

Well, that's what I'm saying...it STARTED as a niche console. Look at the early releases for the original Xbox. The majority of games available on the original Xbox were first person shooters. They've certainly branched out since then, yes, but considering where they started, there is still room for Microsoft to grow. Finding purchasing power in areas other consoles are strong in will sway more people, I think.

Depends, probably might grow or rather not. I don't see any improvements on the games made with kinect on it.

It might or might not, you're right. There's got to be a way to make it grow, like Nintendo's Wii. That one always had a majority of games play well with motion. Kinect... got to be a way.

Well, that's what I'm saying...it STARTED as a niche console. Look at the early releases for the original Xbox. The majority of games available on the original Xbox were first person shooters. They've certainly branched out since then, yes, but considering where they started, there is still room for Microsoft to grow. Finding purchasing power in areas other consoles are strong in will sway more people, I think.

Ahhh... got confused when you said Xbox. Not sure if you meant it as a whole or as a separate console. Yeah, it's true. It did start out as niche but as the brand grew, it became more common. Well, we'll see how it goes in the next few months.

Just give me some cool niche games that will make me buy the Xbox One, and that can surely sway some sales.

They gotta. All we can do is wait and see.

Back