Graphics that made you go "wow"

pxyc

What games have had graphics that really surprised you with how good they were. For me it would probably be the Battlefield games, but there were other games that surprised me as well. What do you guys think?

When i first played the demo of Battlefield 2 Bad Company i was really just blown away. I couldnt even believe what i was seeing lol and then when Battlefield 3 came out, the graphics were so nice and the gameplay so interesting that i could just set up my SOFLAM, get in a nice shady spot, and feel like a real sniper because of the sound profiling and graphics. Mass Effect 3 was also a really huge thing for me when i saw the HD mods on the PC for it because it just looks incredible. It looks really good on the Xbox aswell but man those mods.

I haven't played a lot lately so I'm not updated with the latest games. Two of the most recent games that I have played are Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite. I couldn't compare the graphics to other games, but I would say that I was really impressed. I really enjoyed these two games because of the impeccable graphics.

I had the opportunity to play Crysis (the original one) on a beast of a computer with a large screen, and i was completely blown away, definitely one of the best hours i ever experienced while playing something. The details at maximum graphical power were just mind blowing at the time.

After playing the original StarCraft for so many years, I was blown over by StarCraft II. It had taken so long for the game to come out, but they improved just about every area imaginable. The graphics were no exception, and when I zoomed in on my little Terran base for the first time I felt I had witnessed something quite special.

Red Dead Redemption was the firs thing that made me go wow.
Seriously, the water graphics, the animals, and the structures and everything, just was great and out of the world.

For me, it's definitely Battlefield and Crysis. I was stunned when I started playing those games. The graphics were absolutely beautiful that I almost shed a tear.

Battlefield has always had killer graphics. But there was no and still hasn't been a comparison to the original Crysis for its time. The game was and is gorgeous, not to mention its 6 years old and still used for benchmark tests for graphics cards.

Dark Souls, once you throw some mods to fix its low internal resolution and such. I think the game's not truly "wow" amazing technically, but the art-style and designs (for enviorement, creatures, characters, weapons, armor, etc) really really makes it stand out for me. I think it looks pretty dang nice. It's also amazing that you can see other areas you will go to/have gone to from other places to really see how the world is put together.

Look: http://imgur.com/a/9qBXL

I would definitely say GTA 5. It's just so HD. Look at how far it has came, from the pixelated graphics on San Andreas to the HD mother load. Battlefield 3 also amazed me, considering it was made in 2011.

Battlefield 3 was really the big graphics shock for me. I mean, accounting for the fact that I played Counter Strike prior to that and at most Modern Warfare 2, it seemed like Battlefield 3 was like real life. It is crazy to see how gaming graphics are changing.

This is a big topic on Reddit r/gaming right now. I was trying to remember what mine was... I'll go a bit more retro than most are so far here: I think Duke Nukem 3D or Quake was very impressive to me after pretty much only playing Doom. Graphics that used to impress me as a kid were ones that changed the norm up from what I was used to seeing. I remember Mortal Kombats being pretty impressive, since they used real images of people instead of artwork. I also remember thinking Donkey Kong Country's 3D rendered 2D sprites were very impressive back in the day too. More recently, I was really impressed with Street Fighter's HD sprites when compared to the originals, those definitely made me say wow, when you appreciate how far HD quality improves over the old sprites.

Definitely Crysis. Crytek is known more for creating photorealistic graphics in their Cryengine than writing a story script for their games. Back when Crysis 1 was released, no consumer PC at the time was even able to run it at maximum settings. Today, coupled with a bunch of mods, the game looks gorgeous on a high end PC machine. It's surprising how far in just ten to twenty years we've went from 2D to high quality 3D.

I actually will take this in another direction. Minecraft would be my choice. I remember reading about the game and how much it was catching on. I finally saw a few screenshots and it blew my mind. I literally said "WOW" out loud. With so many games relying on better graphics, this game did such a great job creating a unique experience through the graphics. I remember my first time playing through, I could not get over how low end type graphics, looked so great. It really adds to much to the game, which essentially is the main point.

i would have to say battlefield and crysis and yeah red redemptions was alright.

Wow, can't believe no one here mentioned Mirror's edge 2. This game is the PC game with the best graphics ever in history. And I'm not exaggerating; See it with your own eyes.
Youtube com/watch?v=mCiN6eIp1gA (I'm unable to post links)
For those of you who aren't aware of what this game is about, it's basically a free-running game where you obliterate a bunch of dudes whilst running around the city. The story line doesn't matter anyways, the graphics are extremely admirable.

The game that impressed me graphic wise was Metro Last light. It could easily be the best looking game of all time, or at least one of the best looking games. Another one is Crysis 3.

The game that impressed me graphic wise was Metro Last light. It could easily be the best looking game of all time, or at least one of the best looking games. Another one is Crysis 3.

I'm not a fan of Crysis and Metro Last Light but damn, those graphics are just absolutely amazing! I wish something like Team Fortrees or counter strike had graphics like that

Back