Xbox One Hands-On Impressions of the Xbox One

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
In a newly posted video on IGN (via IGN UK) we have one the first hands on impressions with the console. ENJOY! Don't forget to leave your thoughts below.

[video=youtube_share;oebcM-LF1PY]http://youtu.be/oebcM-LF1PY[/video]

Also check out this video of the hands on time with the controller:

[video=youtube_share;iqPO2MzVA9I]http://youtu.be/iqPO2MzVA9I[/video]

The gaming box looks very nice. It is something I feel when someone takes a look at my tv, cable box and soon to be Xbox one console it won't stick out like a sore thumb. Instead it appears as if it belongs with the rest of your entertainment center.

I really like the amount of fans/vents it offers as well as some people may place it in a smaller area it will need those vents to keep cool.

The controller I can't really compare since i have only held ps controllers for many years. But it does appear it will fit nicely in your hands. And I wonder if you can turn off rumble function as I think it is a cool feature but I hope it doesn't make your hands go numb from the vibrations.

The gaming box looks very nice. It is something I feel when someone takes a look at my tv, cable box and soon to be Xbox one console it won't stick out like a sore thumb. Instead it appears as if it belongs with the rest of your entertainment center.

I really like the amount of fans/vents it offers as well as some people may place it in a smaller area it will need those vents to keep cool.

The controller I can't really compare since i have only held ps controllers for many years. But it does appear it will fit nicely in your hands. And I wonder if you can turn off rumble function as I think it is a cool feature but I hope it doesn't make your hands go numb from the vibrations.

I've been thinking the same thing since the reveal. It will blend nicely and look slick among my other electronics. As far as the controller, I have both a PS3 and 360 currently and I feel the 360 is far superior especially with the triggers and overall fit. I have heard the difference is much less going into this new gen, but I imagine the XB1 controller is just as good if not much better thanks to the improvements. The rumble on the 360 was never overpowering and usually individual games allow you to turn off the feature. I for one look forward to the new impulse triggers.

Thanks for the feed back on the controller! I am looking forward to holding one and playing.

I'm glad they didn't change the controller much. The Xbox 360 had an almost perfect controller, so they're not really messing with it much.

nice find. im still up in the air.... the guy from last night on the dashboard ommented on how the controler felt an d said a few things were not tha great or would take getting used to. untill its in your hand and we all get to use it its still a controller. i my enjoy the back triggers and you may hate it.. i may not like the sticks and some find them great. my fat fingers may dislike the tighter abxy buttons.

nice find. im still up in the air.... the guy from last night on the dashboard ommented on how the controler felt an d said a few things were not tha great or would take getting used to. untill its in your hand and we all get to use it its still a controller. i my enjoy the back triggers and you may hate it.. i may not like the sticks and some find them great. my fat fingers may dislike the tighter abxy buttons.

True, like the consoles themselves, its all about preference.

I think we finally agree on something lol

lol I had to do a double take on that one lol. But yes the controller looks good. Im VERY curious to see how the rumbles will be working. At first I thought there was rumble only in the triggers, but its both, controller and triggers

I'm actually nervous about the controller, but for a reason none of you may understand. For the last few years I have had a chatpad attached to my 360 controller. It is a completely different feel than not having it. But it's been REALLY comfortable for me (and I can type messages out easy).

I'm curious how the new is going feel without that.

I'm actually nervous about the controller, but for a reason none of you may understand. For the last few years I have had a chatpad attached to my 360 controller. It is a completely different feel than not having it. But it's been REALLY comfortable for me (and I can type messages out easy).

I'm curious how the new is going feel without that.
I'm sure they'll release a 3rd party chatpad

I must say I am fond of the Xbox One and excited to get it (hopefully soon after release). I also definitely like the idea of more vents. Not sure who else deals with this, but I have one of the first generation Xbox 360s and it sounds like its going to explode every time I turn it on.

Yeah but where would it attach? This one attaches to the port at the bottom of the controller. I don't see that port on the new one.

Maybe I should take the chatpad off for a while and get used to the feel of the controller that way again for a bit.

There is a new proprietary port on the bottom of the port, so presumably any new chatpad accessory would use that port the same the current one uses the port.

I must say I am fond of the Xbox One and excited to get it (hopefully soon after release). I also definitely like the idea of more vents. Not sure who else deals with this, but I have one of the first generation Xbox 360s and it sounds like its going to explode every time I turn it on.

More vents can only mean good things, I know for a fact that my friend's console had some damage from being left powered on all the time. And you're not the only one who's had to deal with a noisy 360...it makes me a little uncomfortable when I turn it on but after I get settled into a session I don't notice.

I love how the guy in the video mentions the look of the big vent on top. I'll go out on a limb and say that it might be there for a reason, not just for looks. :p

Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine in electronics. Heat hurts reliability. Vents are there to... vent out hot air. The noise comes from fans which are also there for a reason.

This happens with laptops, consoles, desktop PCs, etc. I remember I built a gaming PC years ago and the video card running at stock speed was super hot, pushing the limits in normal conditions. Turns out, people complained about the noise of the last version so the manufacturer turned the fan way down. :mad: You just had to crank it back up and the thing ran at normal temps again.

It looks really amazing. I love the fact that there is no online DRM and the always-on kinect now. I have placed my pre-order already.

IMG_3027.jpg
IMG_3028.jpg
IMG_3029.jpg
I went to the GameStop Convention and got lots of up close time with the X1. I have plenty of pictures from the Controller, Console, Games. I got to play RYSE, FORZA, KILLER INSTINCT, including seeing the Kinect 2.0 LIVE. I was very impressed with the overall features of the X1, and the feel of the controller. What the guy didn't mention in the video about the controller are the Analog Sticks. The controller itself is actually NOT smaller than the 360 Controller. The redesign of the X1 controller will make you think it's smaller because the round part of the analog sticks are smaller in circumference, but with a lot more grip due to the design. As you can see from the picture above that is my hand on the controller. The controller really does have 40 additional improvements and you will be able to tell once you pick it up.

Last edited:
Back