Xbox 360 Has your Xbox ever broke?

SteeelWoool

I got my Xbox in late 2009, and I never had any problems. My friends got theirs around that time too, and no issues there. I guess RROD must have been an issue for older models. How about you guys?

Well, mine did, got it a few years ago, but it was modded. If I ever got a new one I wouldn't mod it, it does increase the chances of a red ring. Sadly enough I gave mine to a friend to fix it and never got it back.

I'm on my third 360. The first one over-heated and died with no warning. The second got the Rings of Death after the 2006 Fall Update. But my third is fine and MS paid for the replacements so it's all good.

The red ring of death got me once. I didn't have anything to do for weeks. I did the trick were you wrap it up like a mummy and leave it on for 1-2 hours and BOOM it starts working again. I guess that's consoles for you. Just get a PC and play some actual games with actual gamers. seriously.

Ive had two RROD pretty much because I left it on all the time like an idiot. I also kicked mine into a wall by accident because I wasn't paying attention while playing rock band. I was doing the song "Let There Be Rock" by ACDC and did Angus's signature duck walk into it. In retrospect the duck walk is a lot like a kicking motion >< OOPS.

My experiences were horrible at first. I went through about 4 or 5 xboxes. The first couple were still under warranty (one right out of the box), and the last two I had to pay for. I actually stopped playing for a while due to having to replace the system so many times. I haven't had any issues with the newer models, I guess what ever the issue was seems to have been fixed. Maybe I was just unlucky. I worked at EB Games when the first one came out, so I was able to get one of the first in my area. Guess that was my gift for being an early adopter.

I had an xbox a little before that. I got the original Xbox 360 and it got the red rings of death. Then I got a new one in 2008-9 (I can't really remember) and I haven't had a problem since. I love my xbox and I look forward to buying live again soon. So, other than that one problem I had with my first xbox several years ago, I have never had a problem.

I've gotten the red ring before, a very long time ago, but got it replaced wonderfully, and every now and then our current one overheats, but only with 3 of the 4 quarters of the ring. That only happens when whoever uses it forgets to keep the cupboard open it sits in. These consoles very much seem to be improving in their reliability as our newer models have much fewer problems than our earlier one had. And they get a ton of use.

The original 2006 model had it's fair share of problems for me - from scratching my disks (multiple £30-£40 worth of games down the drain) to eventually getting the red ring, which I think was likely due to overheating. Had it since it's release though and only got one of the newest models last month, so I think it did pretty well. I've heard the newer models don't heat up as much, (though it's normal they still get hot at the cooling vents?) so here's hoping.

I am on my third Xbox 360, I had to replace the first one due to the red ring of death. I had to replace the second one due to the CD drive not working any longer and thank god my third one has lasted me this long. I am not going to replace this one if it breaks, I will just wait for the Xbox 720 and stick to my computer.

I got mine on December 2009. No issues at all so far. Very happy with it.

Only broke down once and it was because i was stupid and left it on it's side, in which there wasn't any space for air to flow, and also i used to leave the console on all day, every day. Now i leave the console flat down and in a well ventilated place so it never overheats.

Yep! Mine has gone to a better place I guess. I had an older model of the xbox 360, so I guess that explains why it red ringed.

Mine never has, but two friends I have are on their second and third Xboxes. One was just a fluke, it was still under warranty, the other times they were just really, really, really old and played a lot. They lived a good life.

I'm on my third. the RROD got me on my first 360 then it got replaced by MS, same again with the second. RROD. Then because the warranty ran out I asked my dad if I could use his, and he let me so now I've got his 360 and he uses a PS3 :p So luckily I've only had to pay for 1 out of 3 consoles I've bought!

No it hasn't. I've had more Nintendo's and Super Nintendo's break than X-boxes. I've had a few controllers or remotes go bad before though. But I think they usually do anyways. But I've never lost an x-box console to breakage. Lost a PS to breakage once though. But that was airport security's fault.

yea I've got RRoD thrice but microsoft dealt with it free of charge so it's all good. haha I had one like the day before Halo 3 came out, I was so upset it was great.

I only recently got my Xbox 360. I have not had any problems so far. I know my nephew has had his for quite some time and has never had any issues. I am enjoying my system.

Tragically yes, the xbox which I bought in 2010 rests in peace. It was just an ordinary Saturday morning well for me it was anyway, I would usually play call of duty with my close friends online for like 4 hours then I would go to the park to play some footy with some mates. But that Saturday was ruined in 20 seconds and I was just 2 hours into my usual routine. My little sister came into my room running around the place and silly me had a glass of water on the same table with my xbox was on and my little sister tripped over my football and knocked against the table and the water spilt all over the xbox and it got worse because the xbox fell off as well. I was really angry and had to wait 3 months until I got a new xbox which was hard for me because it was a part of my life.

Back