Xbox 360 Has your Xbox ever broke?

Right around the release of Gears 2, I got the two ring error, which is overheating. No matter what I'd do, my console couldn't stay on for longer than 20 minutes, so I had to send it in. They sent me back a console manufactured in 2005, which is a clever way of screwing me out of a warranty. I've had several problems with this one, but no hardware failures. My disc tray won't open unless I do it from the dashboard, (I also have to leave a disc in it or it won't open without a ton of persistence) I generally have a hard time getting some games to boot, and I get the "open tray" error frequently. If the next Xbox has frequent hardware issues, I won't even consider buying it, regardless of the exclusives or features. I also want to note that I take very good care of my things.

I can happily say I never had any issues win my xbox :). For a while, I was reading up how everybody was getting rrod on their Xbox, but I was lucky enough to not get it

Yeah mine did but that was 3 years ago. A glass of water dropped on it and it was toast and now rests in peace tragically. It was my fault why it happened , I decided to rest my glass of water on the table where my xbox thinking that nobody would knock it over but 5 minutes later the gravity took over. My sister had came into the room all hyperactive and slipped over my shoes and knocked agsinst the table resulting in the water spilling on my xbox. That mad me so mad but I could have only blamed myself because I shouldn't have placed the water there in the first place.

I currently have 1 working xbox and 4 broken ones that I am working on combining to make a custom modded console

When you say "Broke" that could be several different things, but the only time my box has had any trouble, was when I got the Red Ring of Death. I was able to return it and get a refurbished one from Microsoft, but just after a few months it started crashing and getting incredibly slow, so I ended up selling it. There are times I miss my Xbox 360, but meh.

I I have had three systems stop working on me, and i'm currently on my 4th console and its an 2009 model elite an hasnt had any problems yet but and the other three were 2006 and 2007 models and they all stopped withthin the first three months. So I guess newer models are more durable than the older rrod rigged consoles.

My first Xbox 360 RROD after just 8 days of ownership, The shop I bought it from replaced this.
The second one died after 4 months same problem,Xbox replaced this one for the one I have now and its nearly two years old,

My Xbox has never given me any problem, maybe it's mainly due to the fact that I'm the only one who handles it.

I've been through three all of the RROD. As much as it's the best console ever released it's also the worst for hardware failure.

My Xbox red ringed a few months ago. I had left it on for a few days, and it overheated. I had to send in my Xbox, which I got back in two months, and spent about $100 with shipping for it to be fixed.

My sister has had her Xbox for almost 2 years and it has never flickered in terms of performance. There is a big fan in the same room where the Xbox is situated, and so this prevents it from ever getting even slightly warm, let alone overheating. I think it's quite a good idea if over-heating is a problem with your machine.

The first "gen" of the Xbox 360 I had got the RROD within about a year of getting it. Luckily I decided not to do the towel trick or do anything else that voided the warranty. That second one lasted me two years until that too got the RROD. Then I picked up a 250gb console for cheap on craiglist. The earlier Xboxs weren't so venerable but the newer ones are more built to last in my opinion.

Yes, I have had a few that broke on me. My first one that I got 5 years ago I think I had it around 3 months and it was getting used alot during my time playing online on an evening and it got the RROD which I was disappointed with, I managed to get a refund from my local game shop where I purchased it and I chose to take another and they said they would send my broken one back to Microsoft themselves. With the slim one when I upgraded to that I had it around 2 months before the fan gave out on it which I wasn't happy about, luckily again the game store I got it from was understanding and allowed me to replace it and they sent it off to Microsoft again. So far the one I have now is around 3 years old and I haven't had a problem yet however I do play on it alot less now.

Never broke on me before, I'm a careless person so I'm surprised that I haven't yet.
I don't play the xbox very much if that's a reason why, but I don't rage and hit it either.

My first one was hit by a Red Ring of Death, this was about one month before the warranty expired, so thankfully I was able to have it replaced for minimal out-of-pocket expense. I would probably have bought a PS3 instead of replacing it had it happened to me after the warranty expired.

The only issue I've had with my current Xbox was with the disc drive recently. It would get stuck randomly and take several tries to open. I found a video on YouTube and followed the steps to fix it, and it is back to normal now.

I feel lucky compared to others. I have never once in my gaming career had a console break. I hear about the red ring of death often on XBoxes and, maybe it's because I took extra special care of my electronics, or perhaps because I'm lucky, but I've never had any of my XBoxes break. My advice to those who have had their XBoxes break over the years is to keep it upright (although nobody is sure which is the best position), never let it crash or fall into anything, keep it away from children who might move it while it is operating and keep it on a solid surface, rather than a carpeted, or similar surface. Keeping an XBox on a solid surface allows it to breathe, because like your computer, it can get really hot and if the vents are being smothered by carpet, or a similar material, it could over heat and damage.

Mine hasn't broken, but my hard drive died once. Luckily, I was able to transfer all of my data to a new hard drive, but that doesn't change the fact that I had to buy a brand new hard drive to begin with. The warranty didn't cover the hard drive that I had because I had bought it separately. There must have been something wrong with the first one because the one I have now works fine and I've had it longer than I had the first one.

One day I had a really long play session with friends that lasted several hours. The next day when I went to turn my Xbox on I was greeted with red lights and the E74 error. I logged in to check the warranty on my Xbox only to discover it had expired 4 days prior. I called to see if they would make an exception since it had only just expired and the CSR said no. I would have to pay to have it fixed. He was adamant about too. I asked if he would raise my request to a supervisor and he did but he told me it wouldn't do any good. A few days later I got an email telling me my request for support had been approved and they were sending me a UPS label. So everything came out okay in the end.

Surprisingly enough I've never actually had a problem with my Xbox breaking! I've had it for at least 3 years now and I haven't had a single problem with it yet (Knock on wood!).

Back