Xbox 360 Has your Xbox ever broke?

I haven't had any issues so far. It's a great console, the only thing I didn't like was that it took forever to shut down.

My Xbox has never gone under any physical damage, it had got a CD reading problem a year back which was corrected by the service center. Now I do not have any problems in my Xbox.

I had a pro that went bad. It didn't necessarily red ring, but I'm not sure what's wrong with it. I'm kind of thinking its the power cable after a lot of reading. I'm going to break down and buy one and then hopefully sell a functional 360 and keep the elite that I have in its place now.

I'm on my 3rd - still a 20GB version! In every case, even the last one 3 or 4 years ago, MS have picked it up, shipped to Germany, fixed it, and shipped back with zero cost to me, other than the couple of weeks of lost gaming time... The last time, they told me I now have an unlimited warranty, because its the 3rd time, if it ever needs fixing again, then they'll do it... Top service IMHO. (at no point have I taken out an extended warranty, etc)

I really lucked out. Mine went the lengthier life span and hit about 6 years. That also includes all the uses of Netflix, Music and streaming video from my laptop. I couldn't ask for something that could live longer, but like I said before it might just be the power cable that went bad. I'm still going to sell this thing at some point. A power cable is the difference between 45 and 80 bucks is my guess.

My Xbox systems have always worked well. Never had ana issue at all, I always make sure to clean the games and the console properly. i also make sure all my games are stored in the cases when i am not playing them.

My Xbox 360 has been functional for over 4 years of service and has not broken nor shown any signs of degradation over all the time that has passed. My Xbox 360 is also the old black Elite versions before the Slims were released. They say that these older versions of the 360 are more prone to failures and RRoD's than the Slim, but it hasn't happened to me at all yet.

A few months after Dead Rising and before Halo 3, my family decided to finally pick one up at a local Staples. As soon as we got home I hooked it up and then updated it. I kid you not, after it reset itself after the update it wouldn't boot itself back up and I would only see the RROD (at the time I had no idea what was going on). Staples confirmed the console was shot and gave a full refund for the console and the opened 360 games. Then when they announced the Elite, I had to pick one up again. After a good year it started locking up and I got the single RROD. At the time Microsoft was offering a 3 year warranty (I think) for any console that had RROD'd but only a years worth for a single RROD. Instead of sending it in for a $100 repair I decided to fix it my self and it lasted a couple weeks until it completely RROD'd; which in the same month MS announced they would also offer the 3 year warranty to the single RROD as well(which I voided when I opened the console) :(. Now I have the Red Resident Evil 5 bundle one that has lasted a good couple years and is still running strong.

I got my Xbox in late 2009, and I never had any problems. My friends got theirs around that time too, and no issues there. I guess RROD must have been an issue for older models. How about you guys?

I've had RROD three times with three different Xbox 360's but not a problem as Microsoft replaced all three for free & even sent a present with each like a game controller or gold membership!

Back