Xbox 360 Have you ever been banned from live?

It takes some serious effort towards being a dick to get banned. I've never had the hi-jinks of me or anyone I know go so far as to be worthy of banning. And I don't pirate Xbox games.

I rarely talk on multiplayer unless it's in the middle of the game and we need to communicate.All the bull crap happens in the lobby.But I would never get banned cause with the deep voice I have it takes a lot to talk and arguing,trying to get points across,etc.... is out the question.So exhausting!

I have had an Xbox Live account for 6 years and last year while playing Halo 4, I unexpectedly was kicked from a game and was left a message telling me that only accounts with a valid gold membership could play matchmaking. I was absolutely shocked and thought I'd have to forget my account forever... Turns out Halo has a rubbish banhammer which they don't tell you about... The lesson is to not quit games while playing Halo 4 matchmaking! Fortunately I haven't had a console ban but it would make me sell my Xbox and never play again.

That would bug me out! I was actually playing one time, I was playing Call of Duty though, one of them, haha don't remember which one as this was years ago, but anyway I was playing and got kicked out and was told I couldn't play games without a gold membership too! I was so angry since mine was set up on auto renewal at the time. Then I looked further into it and the credit card I had on file with Microsoft had expired and I really didn't have a gold membership anymore! Very quick fix though and I got back to gaming, but it was a big holy crap moment at first!

hahaha same here. I am usually going wild in the Lobbys, but never get banned. Some users will use cheats and kick me out or kick me off of Live, but I haven't been banned yet. Trolling!

My most annoyingly and disruptively crazy friends have not been banned from live. I don't know anyone who has been banned from live actually. If I had been banned from live I would be the first amongst my peers who all have some sort of tie to the industry and entertainment and I would forever feel shame. I can not forever feel shame because I'm already feeling shame over other things in my life such as that guy who broke the crock pot of chili during our chili cook off...

Seriously, don't get banned from live.

I haven't but I have to say that I really don't spend a lot of time on Live. Is being banned a common thing? Or does it require some pretty bad stuff to earn the boot? In general, I mean, not the one off crazy stuff that seems to happen from time to time.

I have not. I don't play enough to get banned though. My friends play online a lot though and they never have gotten banned. I think as long as you don't act like an idiot, you will be fine.

We used to get banned almost monthly because we would make a point of choosing the most offensive, politically incorrect names we could. We must have angered so many people and had them thinking we were a bunch of monsters when in reality we were all nice guys, just bored with a weird sense of humor.

Back