Xbox One How big is the TV you will be hooking up to "the One"

Gringo

From
Virginia
I will be hooking my XBone to a 65in Panasonic Plasma. I have read some of the "good players" play on smaller monitors to avoid any response lag from the set. I have the 360 hooked up to the same TV, and sometimes I find myself having to actually "look around" to see who is shooting me when playing FPS games. I was just curious what size TV you guys play on? And to those who have tried larger and smaller sets, do you find it easier to play on a small screen just to be able to keep up with the action better?

I have gone from a 36" CRT to a 42" plasma, to a 52" Samsung 3D LCD to a 65" Sharp LED Smart TV and I have to say it is definitely easier to play FPS games on a smaller set. My cousin hates playing on larger TVs since he takers his COD very seriously. While I do notice the difference I love how the game looks on a large TV while I sit on my couch. I'm not a serious competitive player and play only for fun so doesn't matter to me enough to say no to a 65" TV. Now I have to look into buying a 4K TV

Sony Bravia 47in LED.Yes.4k is my next tv.They are expensive but look like they are worth it.I know I am going 50in cause I have a 60in mitsubishi in the livingroom and that is too big.I like the 47in but I got 50inch 720p sanyo I use to use 2 years ago that is broke in the closet and that size was just right to me.Picture was horrible!lol!Probably look into at income tax time.

I have a 70" Sharp Aquos Quattron LED 1080p AquoMotion 240 3D HDTV. Bought this puppy in March.

Specifications

•70" screen size offers 62% more viewing area than 55" size TV
•Vivid Quattron picture quality enables more colors than ever before
•Built-in WiFi for convenient Internet connection
•Streaming video from Vudu, Netflix, CinemaNow, Blockbuster, Alphaline
•Real-time online customer support with AQUOS Advantage Live
•Full HD 1080p
•AquoMotion 240
•Vyper Drive optimizes performance for video games
•Inputs include 4 HDMI, 2 USB, PC, Ethernet

Those 4k's do look sweet but my wife would kick my a$$. Maybe I can cause an inexplicable failure in the rear projection I have in the basement. That damn thing won't die. I do hate being an early adopter, though I usually am. You always end up paying twice as much as the guy who has a little patience. Maybe I will hold off this time.....probably not.

I have a 65" Samsung led, lcd, and 3d tv. it is 240 hrtz it has the most unbelievable pic u will ever game on, can't wait to hookup the one to it!

Im actually still running a 42" Panasonic Viera from 2008.

I LOVE it! I find it hard to believe that i havent run across a TV that looks better yet. It may simply be that none of the TV's ive looked at have been properly calibrated, but all of them also have an issue with motion that i cant get past.

In the future, when i become a homeowner and have a dedicated media room, i may upgrade to a larger plasma, but for now my 42 is holding it down

415862_10150584729276053_1936920238_o.jpg

I have a 73" Mitsubishi 1080p as my main TV and a 40" Samsung SmartTV in the bedroom I sometimes use if I need to free up the main TV.
The Samsung 40" SmartTV actually has the better picture, but the main TV is connected to a surround sound system and that is a big bonus.

I wanted to add to this, that bigger is not always better and with the bigger HDTV's that is when you notice more artifacts and other things not even noticeable on smaller TV's.

I say this as I went from a 40" to a 56" to a 73" and sure the 73" size is wowing, I actually have a better quality image on the 40" as on the 73" you notice more things.

I use a hdmi monitor 27" Asus LOVE LOVE LOVE it never any delay, response time is perfect, i take cod somewhat serious for the most part but do tend to mess around and have fun at time

621559_10151035334551053_267867692_o.jpg

This is my updated computer room with dual monitors or one can be an HDTV. Pardon the mess and broken desk. :) This is MY area tucked away in a small room at the back of the house when I need to get away.

View attachment 2343

I have a 73" Mitsubishi 1080p as my main TV and a 40" Samsung SmartTV in the bedroom I sometimes use if I need to free up the main TV.
The Samsung 40" SmartTV actually has the better picture, but the main TV is connected to a surround sound system and that is a big bonus.

I wanted to add to this, that bigger is not always better and with the bigger HDTV's that is when you notice more artifacts and other things not even noticeable on smaller TV's.

I say this as I went from a 40" to a 56" to a 73" and sure the 73" size is wowing, I actually have a better quality image on the 40" as on the 73" you notice more things.

This. For me 65' is about right. Not too big and not too small. I have about 10 ft viewing distance since thta is the standard length i believe. My wife wanted me to get those 80' tv's and i was lie nooooooo movies and games would not look too pretty lol...unless it was 4K in the games and movies, also i dont have 10,000 for a 4k tv lol. But all in all i love my tv and i got the colors calaberated for both movies and games from Best Buy. Dude was there for 2 hours and hooke dup this crazy machine. Looks amazing. LOVE THOSE 1 FREE HOUSE CALLS A YEAR!! lol

This is what Im rollin with -
x2.jpgx3.jpg

65' Panasonic Viera with a 5.1 Surround Sound. 5 Klipsch Speakers with a 450W Klipsch Subwoofer (u can see it on the floor in the right corner) and a Denon reciever. Only things hooked up are PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 360.

OH! And you can see the XBOX LIVE sign that I got when I worked at GameStop back in the day ontop of the mini fridge I have.

Great pics of your game spaces!

SiNAR 212, your game space looks like a very comfortable place to hang out. When I get a chance I'll post some pics of my tv area.

Im going to hook it up to the 40' Samsung TV. I just can't wait to see the graphics for the game and also to start playing to new games on the one. With my home theater, it will be awesome to start playing the one.

I like SiNAR's setup too, but here is why I can't do anything nice like that anymore. :( I think this was the 3rd or 4th couch.
Also if I don't put things away, they are gone. Remotes, camcorders, dvd's, magazines, etc.... Atleast it helps
keep me neat and organized.

Before.jpgAfter.jpg

Back