Xbox One How big is the TV you will be hooking up to "the One"

I'm hooking up mine to a projector, so the screen will have 90". Here's a test screen:

ZyLYBl.jpg

Doesn't look that good with the light turned on but it looks amazing with less light.

OH MAN!!!! Wow...well thank god I don't have dogs....maaaan lol. Cute dogs thought lol

For my space in a small apartment best is Panasonic 42-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV. Has low lag for gaming experience. Even have a option to turn on for gaming. I would even have 5 feet of enough space for new Kinect.

I'm hooking up mine to a projector, so the screen will have 90". Here's a test screen:

Doesn't look that good with the light turned on but it looks amazing with less light.

Have you played anything at that size?????? I have a 73" and keep thinking of going larger, but worried about artifacts and other things noticeable especially on the darker screens sometimes. Mine is super 99% of the time, just when there are problems they really stand out when on a smaller HDTV like my 40" Samsung you can't even see them.

Have you played anything at that size?????? I have a 73" and keep thinking of going larger, but worried about artifacts and other things noticeable especially on the darker screens sometimes. Mine is super 99% of the time, just when there are problems they really stand out.

Well you need a minimum of 52" just to make use of the 1080p resolution so I guess the real question is do you have the space to sit far back enough?

Well you need a minimum of 52" just to make use of the 1080p resolution so I guess the real question is do you have the space to sit far back enough?

What are you basing this statement on? I would venture to say that is a pretty inaccurate statement.

If you have to sit further back for a 52 inch tv, youre defeating the purpose of higher resolution at a larger size. You could get a 47 and sit closer, and it would still look as sharp. OR, you could get a pc monitor and sit right up on it, and it would look just as sharp. Theres not any certain size UNDER which 1080p becomes useless but it IS possible to go too big for 1080p

What are you basing this statement on? I would venture to say that is a pretty inaccurate statement.

If you have to sit further back for a 52 inch tv, youre defeating the purpose of higher resolution at a larger size. You could get a 47 and sit closer, and it would still look as sharp. OR, you could get a pc monitor and sit right up on it, and it would look just as sharp. Theres not any certain size UNDER which 1080p becomes useless but it IS possible to go too big for 1080p

You are correct sir, I retract my statement. Although I would argue that with larger screenw, while sitting closer lets you appreciate the resolution, it would make it harder to game especially in titles like COD since you would have to scan the TV by physically moving your focus.

I will be hooking my XBone to a 65in Panasonic Plasma. I have read some of the "good players" play on smaller monitors to avoid any response lag from the set. I have the 360 hooked up to the same TV, and sometimes I find myself having to actually "look around" to see who is shooting me when playing FPS games. I was just curious what size TV you guys play on? And to those who have tried larger and smaller sets, do you find it easier to play on a small screen just to be able to keep up with the action better?

I'll be hooking up to the TV in our living room, which is the same TV the 360 is hooked up to, and I believe it's 51". (It's either 50", 51", or 52", but I can't remember exactly.) It's a flat panel widescreen TV and it's got a killer picture, but I actually think I played better (especially where games like COD are concerned) on our older 42" tube TV.

I have a 1080P 55" TV in my living room with 3D function and an IPS screen. It's unfortunate that the Xbox One won't be able to play games natively at 1080p, what a shame. You get what you pay for, which includes the price for the cheap hardware, unfortunately. I'll stick to using a monitor.

Okay, but what size?

sorry 39inch seiki 4k tv

if it goes in the living room i have a 52inch lg hdtv.

i have wanted to go projector tv.. my bedroom is about perfect for one with my setup. i believe my max size would putm e at or around 72inches diagonal. .. i would need to move a fan.. but past that it would be a killer setup.

For my 73" HDTV, I have read I should be sitting 8-10' minimum. I can sit one place and be around 6' away and it's like being at the Drive In.

I have a 1080P 55" TV in my living room with 3D function and an IPS screen. It's unfortunate that the Xbox One won't be able to play games natively at 1080p, what a shame. You get what you pay for, which includes the price for the cheap hardware, unfortunately. I'll stick to using a monitor.

Since the majority of what we watch on TV from our cable companies and even OTA is 720p / 1080i and looks great, whatever the Xbox One outputs at will still look stunning I am sure.

Maybe not common knowledge, but the majority of what we watch on our fancy and sometimes expensive1080p HDTV's is not 1080p,
it's upconverted 720p/1080i usually at best unless your playing a bluray or something.

Please delete this message if someone can. :) I was saying something and reread what I was replying too and it did not apply.

Have you played anything at that size?????? I have a 73" and keep thinking of going larger, but worried about artifacts and other things noticeable especially on the darker screens sometimes. Mine is super 99% of the time, just when there are problems they really stand out when on a smaller HDTV like my 40" Samsung you can't even see them.

Yeah, most of the times I play with it. In some old games you can clearly see that quality is not that good but other then that I'm really happy with it. Now with the next gen it will probably become better if they start releasing games with native 1080p.

Edit:

SiNAR 212 said:
I hope you got a good viewing distance, 90', that's a whole lotta screen lol

I'm currently sitting 3,5 meters way from it and I'm happy with the distance, I just wish the screen could be lowered but my light interrupter its on the way so I can't lower it more that it is now.

Since the majority of what we watch on TV from our cable companies and even OTA is 720p / 1080i and looks great, whatever the Xbox One outputs at will still look stunning I am sure.

Maybe not common knowledge, but the majority of what we watch on our fancy and sometimes expensive1080p HDTV's is not 1080p,
it's upconverted 720p/1080i usually at best unless your playing a bluray or something.

It will never be comparable to a High End PC running games on max settings at 4K resolution on a 4K TV. That's all really I'm saying, and its highly unlikely that people have the money to purchase and own such a described possession, but as I've said, you get what you pay for. I'm just saddened by the fact that the Xbox One isn't able to play at 1080P native, while a lowly mid-end gaming PC is capable of such a feat while costing at around the same price as the Xbox One itself.

It will never be comparable to a High End PC running games on max settings at 4K resolution on a 4K TV. That's all really I'm saying, and its highly unlikely that people have the money to purchase and own such a described possession, but as I've said, you get what you pay for. I'm just saddened by the fact that the Xbox One isn't able to play at 1080P native, while a lowly mid-end gaming PC is capable of such a feat while costing at around the same price as the Xbox One itself.

I may be wrong...but I think Forza 5 says other wise lol

I may be wrong...but I think Forza 5 says other wise lol

From everything I have read the Xbox One can and does output at native 1080p for some games, but others will be upconverted same as the PS4.
Both will be capped at 60fps max due to the 60Hz refresh TV's limitations. Also keep in mind, the great graphics we are all used to on the PS3
and 360 were not 1080p and still looked great. The main object is FUN and how they PLAY, a good looking game with sucky game play is not a winner.

It also seems if you read a lot of news, that it is "1 single person" a disgruntled reviewer or supposed insider that from what people say can not even properly write a sentence" that started all the "not in 1080p" rumors.

Here are some quotes I found:

"Turn 10 Studios' upcoming Xbox One racer Forza Motorsport 5 will run at 60 frames per second in native 1080p resolution, the studio has confirmed."

"Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 1080p resolution on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Infinity Ward has said. That's while retaining the shooter series' trademark super smooth 60 frames per second visuals."

"Despite achieving 1080p at 60fps on next-gen consoles, Rubin insisted Infinity Ward's focus with Ghosts was on the "fun" - not advanced tech features. We've already heard Infinity Ward discuss how the extra processing power of the next-gen consoles has made for improved visuals, but in terms of AI, for example, it looks like the studio is taking a more general approach."

"Update, 4:38PM ET: We’ve spoken with a representative from Microsoft, who provided the following statement: “Xbox One fully supports native 1080p output at 60 fps. It is up to individual developers to determine what resolution best fits their design goals.”

"In general, like with NBA 2K14 most games on the next generation should be capable of natively rendering at the high definition resolution of 1920 x 1080."

"For example the Xbox One 1080p performance at 60 FPS will match the PlayStation 4 with NBA 2K14. But keep in mind some of the initial next generation games are designed to be ported back to the Xbox 360 and PS3, which means some of these games may not push the Xbox One and PS4 hardware as far as the could potentially go. It’s possible that both systems are capable of rendering NBA 2K14 at well over 60 FPS but the renderer is capped at 60 FPS because most HDTVs tend to be 60 Hz."

Back