Xbox 360 Is Kinect a waste of money?

TheViper

From
USA
Website
passivehybrid.blogspot.com
I consider it to be because of the games released for it. It is like they went heavy with a little promotion. Then it all stopped and now nothing.

If I am wrong please correct me.

Couldn't agree with you anymore. I personally have a kinect but I'm rather bored with it now and so I hardly use it. In fact I'm going to sell it. There aren't many good games for it and the most common uses for it now is dancing and exercising which I find annoying because I prefer to go dancing at a night club and exercise at the gym. That's also one of the reasons why are sold my Wii and Wii fit.

I honestly think it is. The kinect is just similar to the Wii. They are not played very much because the games aren't very good for it.
The money would be better off for something else.

I have actually never tried Kinect, however I have tried the PS3 wands. I cannot compare the two since I have not tried the Kinect, however I have always heard that the Kinect was more accurate than the PS3 wand.

I remember the guy at gamestop was trying to upsell me on the Kinect. I asked him, "Isn't this just like the Wii Fit stuff?"

He said, "No, there are awesome games and it is more accurate". I asked him to show me the games. They were exercise games.I left and went to the local walmart and bought my 360. There, they didn't try to upsell me on the kinect.

I like the Kinect because it is easier to play with my little 8 year old brother who jumps all around even when playing controller games. And they very often do end up flying everywhere. That's always fun ;). He especially likes to play bowling and the other sports games, which are so much fun, and I have always worried about letting go off a wii remote when I play it at a friends house. I like how that isn't a worry with the Kinect.

I think that it could still get more hype once again if they do implement skype with the Kinect then I think I could see a lot more possibilities coming back to it again, other than that with the game releases that are there with it now I think it'd be more aimed at casual gamers and party gamers, so it depends on the market focus. Need to keep in mind the demographics for some of these features are not aimed at the everyday gamer, it's these features that make the everyday mom or the party host/ess interested in picking up one of these consoles as it'd bring a little more life and humor.

I think Kinect is just a fad and not all gamers dig it. I honestly don't like it either. But me and my friends actually get a lot of laughs when we are playing Just Dance 4 with it. Aside from dance and exercise games, there's nothing else. You have the occasional great game like kinectimals but that's one in a million. I have never seen a game that is so ground breaking that uses the Kinect.

You could honestly just connect it to the computer using the power adapter. Use FAAST to play Skyrim or Minecraft. I mean, I still play Kinect Sports once in a while. Is it a waste? No. Not at all!

I do think it is a little bit of a waste of money. But, I have fun with my Kienct. I find a little workout routine gets slipped in while gaming. This is what I like best about the Kinect.

The only successful use for the kinect really would be for working out. Only advantage is that you wouldn't need the gym and that you can workout having fun at the same time. That's how I look at it in my point of view.

It depends, are you getting it for the current games? Then yes.
If you are going to get it to use it on PC and have some fun, sure, it's a good buy.

The only successful use for the kinect really would be for working out. Only advantage is that you wouldn't need the gym and that you can workout having fun at the same time. That's how I look at it in my point of view.

You have a point here. The sad thing is, These workout games would not really amount to anything. You won't get slim if you are fat, and you won't get muscles either unless you have complete workout equipment. It's still better to go to the gym. It would be a more complete workout. So, if you purchased the Kinect mainly for workout, I think it is just a waste of money.

I think the Kinect is great if you have a bunch of money and you don't really know where to spend it. It can be fun if you have a bunch of people over your house and everyone participates in playing along. But I don't really see the appeal in one playing that alone in their living room, would just look weird lol.

It has a place. I personally wouldn't use it but I know a few people that do. It can be fun, especially for young kids and people who are new to gaming.

I don't think the kinect is a waste of money as with most things in life it has its place.
Its no good for the hardcore gamer as it makes you look silly and serves no real purpose, but for my two boys (aged 10 & 7) it hilarious because they are interacting with whats on the screen.
To see them having that much fun means its money well spent for me.

I hardly use it for anything, fruit ninja every once in a while, but besides that nothing. Plus, when I watch Netflix on my Xbox, Kinect picks up words that the show/movie says and sometimes skips, rewinds, exits, or pauses my movie, I hate it, It's so frustrating.

I know a lot of people aren't big fans of the Kinect, but I must say that I do enjoy it. I don't use it all the time, but when I do, it's good fun. I know of people take their gaming very seriously, but I kind of enjoy jumping around in front of the TV and making an absolute fool of myself and then looking at the replay video and laughing. I think it is especially fun with multiplayer. Me and my brother play Kinect Adventures together and spend the whole time pushing and shoving one another and just killing ourselves laughing. I've also got the Just Dance and me and three of my friends tried to do one of the four player dances. That was an awesome experience and a pretty hectic work out.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, no I don't think the kinect is a waste of money. In fact, I think it was definitely worth it for the hours of exercise and amusement I have gotten from playing it. But I would definitely say it is more fun multiplayer then it is by yourself.

I think I'd enjoy it and use it often(In my home alone.. Too shy for all that.) If I was to get one. In my case though it kinda was a waste of money, because I bought one for a family member instead who wanted it for Christmas. She maybe used it twice. But oh well, she was really happy to receive it since she really wanted it. Maybe it was my fault for not getting her all of the games as well.

Back