Xbox 360 Is Kinect a waste of money?

That Kinect is a waste of money ... . it's a bit harsh, but not totally wrong.
It is not used for many things. Then the navigation is a thousand times better with the gamepad. So Microsoft has concaincre me to buy Kinect, otherwise .... This will be the PS4 for me!

However, the Kinect seems to work well ... but why concentrate Next-Gent around the Kinect?

The idea of the Kinect sounded cool at first, but its appeal dwindled after it was released. If it was more like what they had described, it would have been more successful. However, with the new 'Kinect 2.0' coming out, they might have made more progress toward that ideal motion-gaming thing they were aiming for.

I think it's great for 3 reasons:

• Parties - It's really fun getting together with some people , having a couple of drinks and then having some mad Kinect game
  • Kids - I found that most kids ten to like the Kinect and have a lot more fun with it than adults do
  • Tinkerers - If you know your tech then you can connect it to your PC and do all kinds of whacky things with it

If you don't fall into any of the 3 categories, I seriously wouldn't bother. But otherwise I would give it a go.

Yeah, I consider it a waste sense they just didn't seem to know what to do with it game-wise. And really I have a console for gaming, and gaming addons are supposed to be about improving gaming. I don't care about connecting it to my computer or using it to log-on. I want ti to be for games and to help me with my gaming. Sadly the Kinect seems to be incapable of doing that.

If your a gamer, I wouldn't call it a waste of money. I don't have one, but I've played with one and its a ton of fun with friends or family. Many of the Kinect games are cheap too, so it makes it well worth it IMO.

I don't really see it as a waste of money. When I did actually play with the Kinect, I had a lot of fun. We would play Just Dance and other Kinect based games. I think it's best use is for parties and multiple people playing.

If your a gamer, I wouldn't call it a waste of money. I don't have one, but I've played with one and its a ton of fun with friends or family. Many of the Kinect games are cheap too, so it makes it well worth it IMO.

I have one, I am a mostly solitary gamer, and most of those games sucked... so no it wasn't worth it - like at all. In other news my Wii was totally worth the money invested in it.

It's only a waste if you have no desire to use it. But for many of us, especially with families, it's not only not a waste but at least the original has more than paid for itself in usage.

For me, Skyrim alone is worth the price of the Kinect.

If they improve on the games, I'd change my mind about the waste of money thought. Kinect adventures? Great. Kinect sports? Good. Kinect sports 2? The menu was glitchy and you had to stand exactly right during the game or it stops. Kinect Zumba? Horrible glitchy menu.

I honestly really liked it at first, but playing just the same few games that weren't glitchy and over sensitive got boring.

It depends really. For a family, or someone who's in to motion controls, I think the Kinect is a nice piece of hardware. For someone like me though who doesn't value those types of things it's another story. It's hard to swallow that $100 pill that Microsoft is trying to feed us. I wish the Kinect can do something to reach the more traditional and hardcore players.

It depends really. For a family, or someone who's in to motion controls, I think the Kinect is a nice piece of hardware. For someone like me though who doesn't value those types of things it's another story. It's hard to swallow that $100 pill that Microsoft is trying to feed us. I wish the Kinect can do something to reach the more traditional and hardcore players.

I agree 100%.

The Kinect is more family based rather than casual/hardcore that most of us are used to. It's pretty cool overall when playing with the family, but not really for solo. I don't seem to have fun playing Kinect games by myself.

yeah, i agree with you, kinect is a total waste of time, money and space.

Back