Xbox One Is Lego Super Marvel Heroes Pandering To The Lowest Common Denominator?

You have to obtain 11 Red Lego Blocks afterwhich you buy him. That's how. But to get those 11 read blocks... you have to do 11 optional missions. But to get those 11 missions, you need to collect a number of golden Lego bricks. There are over 250 Golden Lego Bricks. Yup, lots of work to do to get Deadpool.

Who else can we get on this game? I'm taking notes about so I'll let my daughter do the job since I'm just on a quick break, I'll be back on duty in 30 minutes.

Well I haven't seen deadpool on the game. How do you unlock him?

What thedoodseven said. It'll take a while to unlock Deadpool. The more it'll take a while to get Stan Lee, since you have to rescue Stan Lee a number of times. Many of these rescues require that you use certain characters and some are villains that must be unlocked.

Who else can we get on this game? I'm taking notes about so I'll let my daughter do the job since I'm just on a quick break, I'll be back on duty in 30 minutes.

Let me take it from here for thedoodseven. There's a lot.... Nova, Blade, Howard the Duck, Venom, The Leader, Hawkeye,.... a lot. Okay here's a note you give to your daughter: whenever you're roaming around New York, look carefully at the minimap and take note of the little icons you see. There are character faces, there are ? marks, there are gold brick icons... those will lead you to unlock stuff. The character icons will help you unlock some characters. But to really play the characters you unlock, you have to buy them at the SHIELD Helicarrier. Also, when you got to the character icon, you'll see some puzzles to solve and these puzzles are solved by using certain characters. Some need webslingers, some need rocket blasters and some just need a shield carrier ;-D And there are races you need to win.

Yup, lots to do in the game my friend.

it feels like everyother lego game, but its not a bad thing by any means, lego was cool when i was 12 or so!

it feels like everyother lego game, but its not a bad thing by any means, lego was cool when i was 12 or so!

Lego has always been cool. I've introduced lego to my kid when she was 4 and she's addicted to it and started building some weird stuff that I can't even think of what it is.

my cousin who is younger loves lego games... and i have watched him play...

hear are my feelings on it...

its aimed a younger demographic.. the games are usually quite fun, have a decent story line, and have quite a bit of hours playable...

i think the games are innocent fun and in todays games we expect blood/gore/human elements.. where the lego games bring a bit of childish feel.. for a hardcore marvel fan it may seem to take away from the product marvel sells to adults.

it is a game i would consider used.. it ould give a game that shouldnt to to tough yet could be fun.. having a game you dont have to grind on or think to hard can become fun.

my cousin who is younger loves lego games... and i have watched him play...

hear are my feelings on it...

its aimed a younger demographic.. the games are usually quite fun, have a decent story line, and have quite a bit of hours playable...

i think the games are innocent fun and in todays games we expect blood/gore/human elements.. where the lego games bring a bit of childish feel.. for a hardcore marvel fan it may seem to take away from the product marvel sells to adults.

it is a game i would consider used.. it ould give a game that shouldnt to to tough yet could be fun.. having a game you dont have to grind on or think to hard can become fun.

I've introduced lego to my kids and now they are really enjoying the game.

I think a LEGO game is the best way to introduce youngsters to the Marvel genre. It is a nice game and simple enough for children to play through by themselves.

It doesn't really suit the experienced gamer, but I don't think the Lego series of games ever tried to attract them to begin with. These games are for kids and the inexperienced. If that's what lowest common denominator means, then yes, they are catering to them. But I don't think it's a negative like you imply it is.

i think the game has done quite well... it may be aimed towards kids but the gameplay is crisp and clean.. they were able to build a game/storyline instead of polishing the game and worrying about visuals like it was a spider man game.

lego's hobbit looks fun as well..

i think for the mid teens-mid 20's crowd its hard to swallow lego's ... once u get to late 20's you enjoy the game for a game and are not expecting some highly polished visually detailed game.. you can enjoy it for the game play and what its offering.

My kids love the lego games and it keeps them playing for weeks... my problem with lego marvel is, it crashes all the time after you have everything unlocked and has since release. They have never patched it to fix this problem and from what I have seen online, it is happening to everyone. It has something to do with spawning a car and trying to use it or getting in a vehicle. Its too the point that my kids don't even try and play it anymore, which is a shame because they loved the game.....

Lego tend to make video games of epic movies. But they've already created a lego marvel series on youtube, which is absolutely brilliant by the way. It makes pretty good sense to make a lego video game for marvel.

I'm an adult, a long time Marvel fan and I was kind of annoyed that Lego would make a game about the Marvel Universe. I wasn't at all prepared to fall in love with it. The game is actually really massive with tons of things to do. I didn't expect to become practically addicted to it. Honestly the attention to detail with the Marvel Roster proves that they took the game very seriously.

I'm an adult, a long time Marvel fan and I was kind of annoyed that Lego would make a game about the Marvel Universe. I wasn't at all prepared to fall in love with it. The game is actually really massive with tons of things to do. I didn't expect to become practically addicted to it. Honestly the attention to detail with the Marvel Roster proves that they took the game very seriously.

I'm a big girl, and it took me a good sixty to eighty hours to finish the game, track down everything in the hub world, get all the untouchables, get all the achievements.

I can only imagine how long it'd take for a real child to do it, because some of those races were balls to the walls hard in my opinion. And the amount of unknown characters they put in there. You had everyone from the movies, sure. And you had the up coming members, sure. But there was people in there that were never even mentioned. You had Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ant-Man(with no wife beating jokes might I add) and some of the costumes and vehicles you could get!

The freaking Spider Buggy was in it!

Really? The Lego games are fun regardless of age HOWEVER. The optional stuff can be extremely hard just so that adults/teens like us can have a challenge.

Back