Xbox 360 Is the Horror genre really dead?

It just feels as though game developers no longer know how to scare people. Actually even Hollywood movies are very bland when it comes to horror. I think game developers should look more into the style of Asian horror movies. They're a lot more terrifying.

I am not a horror fan at all so I never given it any thought. The only horror game I remember last playing was Legend Of Kain!

I guess it would be nice to see more horror games for those that enjoy it. Though, I have a hard time staying calm just playing CoD.

It just feels as though game developers no longer know how to scare people. Actually even Hollywood movies are very bland when it comes to horror. I think game developers should look more into the style of Asian horror movies. They're a lot more terrifying.

I agree with this. For me, an elemental atmosphere is missing from both games and Hollywood movies. There needs to be a realism and the right amount of suspense. A lot of games and movies that try and be scary for real, just end up being cringe-worthy because you can see right through the veil, and they have either tried to much or not enough.

Play Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Not available on Xbox, but you will be horrified. You'll feel so proud once you've finished the game :)

I hope not cause I really did enjoy the Resident Evil titles. I'm anxious to see if they release anything on the next generation consoles.

Back