Is Xbox Live Overrated?

TheViper

From
USA
Website
passivehybrid.blogspot.com
I am just wondering if you guys think that XBL is overrated. I have been posed this question by a few friends and it all comes down to cost. Many people think that M$ keeps charging its users too much for varies things. I tend to agree on the charging issue that M$ tends to do.

Well, what about you guys?

I think Xbox live is a great opportunity because it adds so much more content and entertainment to the Xbox. Of course Xbox needed to compete with PlayStation, but out of the two I think PlayStation came out on top for the sole fact that you don't have to pay for membership. I agree that Microsoft is a little too forward on charging for things, it's not like they are struggling for profit...

They are different companies. Why should Xbox copy microsoft's membership?
Stay that way, let people pay for membership, but add new features that are exclusive to only xbox and not ps3.

Seeing how much you pay and the amount of things you get for free and how many ads there are in the dashboard, i think it's a bad deal. Hell, for less of the price you pay for Xbox Live Gold membership, you can get free games on the PS3.

I think Xbox Live is worth it. Sure the PlayStation Network is free but think about how many problems they have with hacking and the network being unsecured, remember when everyone's banking details got out last year? Xbox Live has never really had any issues like that, it is a relatively flawless and high quality way of playing online. We are paying for quality, PlayStation users aren't, therefore don't really get it.

I don't think its overrated. Out of both Playstation and xbox, xbox does have the better online system. I doubt very many would argue that point. They can make some improvements, but then again what company or system can't.

Everything becomes overrated when you get tired of paying for it lol. Xbox Live, your current girlfriend, etc. I don't think it's overrated. But some people would prefer to play X box by themselves than engage in the sometimes insane banter that goes on, on X-box Live.

Will be interesting to see how Xbox Live holds up when the next console is released. Since it is rumoured that all consoles will have to be online to be used. Wonder if we will see an increase of problems similar to PlayStation networks when there are more people connected.

I personally think it is what it is, The service we pay for is a secure network unlike PSN where the network is going down every other month. The small features are a big deal also. Incorporating things like Netflix and Crackle are great for my personal use. Once I think about it, It all depends on what you are getting out of Live. If all you do is play games online then I would say paying for that is not worth it, but if you are utilizing the other features it possesses over the likes of PSN, I would say it is worth the money.

No it is not overrated. It offers features that you do not get just playing on the Xbox. I enjoy playing on it and I love the conversations that I have on there. It may be getting old to some people, but I still like it.

Its kind of late in the game to argue about the price tag of Xbox LIVE memberships. Everyone buys it and Microsoft isn't going to change it if people are paying for it. You'd have to get a lot of people to cancel memberships and not renew to get Microsoft to do anything about it. And then, we probably wouldn't see the 300,000 dedicated servers they're bringing to Xbox One.

Yes it is overrated, but it is also very fun. I have gotten so much moneys worth from all those nights playing Call of Duty online. Not to mention you can watch Netflix and Hulu on Xbox Live. It is worth it if you use your Xbox a lot, otherwise you might just be wasting money on a subscription you don't fully use.

Overrated? Yes. Overpriced? Certainly. But it sure is a lot of fun and from my experience the most reliable. Plus the old adage that you get what you pay for certainly rings true.

Over rated? I didn't know anyone even rated it average at all.

It wasn't a rip off from the start though. When it first came out it was this amazing way to play online communicate with friends.

Now? It's the absolute worse feature the Xbox supports. That's not even talking about the social media stuff that's locked out because of live. If I had one wish for the next console generation it would be to get rid of this terrible feature. Nowadays free online shouldn't just be expected, but a requirement. Instead, we're forced to fork out the $5 a month for basically nothing.

No, I don't think the Xbox Live is overrated. I find it's more like the preferences of the games. Not everyone can afford all the Xbox systems in the world. Some people will buy a 360, and they will play it constantly. I'm sure it is the same for a PS3 user. :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree that Xbox Live is one of those you get what you see. There is nothing that is special about Xbox Live. It is a great addition to the Xbox 360 but it is nothing special. It is just a way for gamers to interact with gamers that are not in the same room as they are.

I do think it is a bit overrated. I hardly ever use xbox live though I do pay for it each year. I prefer to play by myself or with real life friends in the same room as me. When live first came out, I was all about it but ever since the first year went by, I started to lose interest due to the immature kids on there and all of the cheese playing.

I think there should be more options, such as being able to opt for a package that costs less and only includes online multiplayer, but as a whole, I think it's a great service.

I do not think that Xbox Live is over rated rather it is a great add on to Xbox gaming platform which makes Xbox a great source of entertainment. I am very excited to see the Live feature on the coming up Xbox One.

Back