Xbox 360 Is your Xbox 360 dusty?

I recommend getting hold of a can of pressurised air. Basically if you take the front cover off you can spray the console with the pressurised air and it will clear out the majority of the dust. It saved my PS3 as it was beginning to have trouble reading the games. After giving it a spray with a can of pressurised air, it was back on form. I recommend this for all consoles, and its great for PC use too.

I recommend getting hold of a can of pressurised air. Basically if you take the front cover off you can spray the console with the pressurised air and it will clear out the majority of the dust. It saved my PS3 as it was beginning to have trouble reading the games. After giving it a spray with a can of pressurised air, it was back on form. I recommend this for all consoles, and its great for PC use too.

Yeah, good idea. Thanks for reminding me, BTW. I need to get one of those cans to dust off my PSP. The case's messed up so dust gets on the screen all the time and it drives me mad.

I like to keep ALL of my personal possessions away from the dirtiness of dust.
It's just a habit of mine, not OCD or anything just gotta keep it clean, not all the time, but yeah.

xHysteria.

Of course mines is because it sits in one spot the entire time that i own it, but I believe that if i played it more and moved it more it wouldn't have and dust at all. But I try to clean it regularly as everyone should to prolong its durability.

My xbox does get fairly dusty, but it's not too much. I usually just wipe it with a cloth and the dust doesn't give me any troubles. I used to be very careless when it came to my xbox, but when I heard you can get the red rings of death from dustiness, I changed my mind! I always clean it now, even if I don't end up playing it.

I play it all the time and it gets dusty but sometimes I want to play first rather than cleaning it so I just tend to blow some dust.

Yeah, I am pretty lazy when it comes to cleaning but I do general cleaning once a month. I just want to exert my full force for one stroke. I dont want to become a hoarder.

That is exactly how my Xbox is. Its super dusty. That doesn't mean that I never play it because I still do, but I just keep it on top of my dresser where it can easily get dusty. I don't ever clean it off because
1: Its not terribly dusty, and
2: There is no reason for me to clean it because it will just get dusty again. It still works perfectly, but it does collect a good amount of dust pretty quickly. :/

I feel that way about most things. When they get dusty. You clean them off and they just get dusty again later on. It's amazing how dust works, your house can be properly ventilated and yet things which you clean will still attract dust! It's like where is it coming from???

My rrod xbox is collecting dust/being used as coaster. My new one I try to keep clean and not a lot of dust on it. The dust can get into the system and that makes it a pain to clean out if your lazy like me.

My X box is squeaky clean, I take my time during the day to blow it using a blower and wipe it with a dump cloth. :) I don't know what I would do without my X box.

Even when I play my Xbox regularly it is still a dust collector. Dust settles in the fan ventilation ports. Dust in the interior of your console is bad, as it can jam components and short out circuit boards. I use canned air to clear my system of dust.

My rrod xbox is collecting dust/being used as coaster. My new one I try to keep clean and not a lot of dust on it. The dust can get into the system and that makes it a pain to clean out if your lazy like me.

Why do so many people prefer to use their older or current game consoles as coasters as opposed to using actual real coasters, as coasters? Is this a trend I don't know about or something?

Well, the older one died right out of the box. Then, I got it fixed and it worked for a few months. It died again and I sent it to be fixed again because I had a warranty on it. Eight months later it rrod again and I tried to get it fixed by MS. They told me they wouldn't do it again and I had to pay.

Then the newer one came out and I got that one. It hasn't died yet but I still read horror stories from people. My friends 360 died right out of the box and he is trying to get that fixed now!

I use my old one as a coaster because I am not gonna waste hundreds of dollars to only throw it away. I don't use my Sony consoles as a coaster because they all still work. Even the PSone that I dropped over five times.

But do you have coasters? Like actual real coasters? Sorry, maybe I'm one of those "a place for everything and everything in its place" kind of folks. I've heard of using useless or old books for broken table legs. But this consoles for coasters stuff is new to me. But I guess considering a game console is alrger in width than a regular coaster, perhaps there's a level of comfort there I'm not understanding. :)

Kudos to those who have squeaky clean Xboxes. My hats off to you. This shows that you are not a lazy no-good homeboy like me. Lol. Maybe I'll try to give my Xbox a bit more love this weekend and probably give it some cleaning. Now if only I could just get out of my bed. . .

I seldom have the the time to play my Xbox 360 on weekdays. I normally just get decent playing time during weekends. That's why my Xbox 360 is a dust collector nowadays. I also don't clean it religiously like I did when the system was still new to me. I guess we tend to neglect things that we have when we use them for quite some time already. What about your Xbox 360? Has it accumulated a lot of dust lately? Do you still clean it as often as you did before?

I don't know why but seems like it doesn't matter how often I clean the outside of my xbox, it just seems to be a magnet for dust regardless if I play it or not. I'm actually thinking of moving the console to a different location as I have it set up to close to the ground, I think moving it a bit higher should help with this.

Unfortunately, I don't get much time to play my Xbox anymore. I had to move out for my university studies, but my brother is still at home and I'm sure he gives it a good work out most days. But I think it is probably collecting dust at the moment as he is not big on the whole cleaning thing, unfortunately. I'll probably have to give it a serious dusting the text time I go home for a few days, before I then confiscate it and take it back with me. He can just try and stop me ;)

Mine is pretty dusty no matter how often I use it. I have to remind myself to take a can of air to it every once in a while. My cat also likes to saddle up by it, which I guess isn't really good because of the fur, but at least she dusts it off for me?

hahaha when isn't my 360 dusty? I feel like I dust it at least 3 times a week and it still has this thin layer of dust on it. I just accept it now. I spend more time wiping it down than any other surface in my room. I just try to make sure it doesn't cake on and over heat. That's no bueno in my book.

Back