Most Challenging PC Game

Probably Dark Souls. Even though it's cross platform and is released on PS3 + Xbox 360, the PC port is definitely just as challenging, if not more challenging with Keyboard + Mouse. The game is NOT forgiving at all, and you are pitted against "realistically" strong monsters. Makes sense to me though, as a lot of RPGs seemed to be too easy and too soft with death being nothing but a nuisance and monsters being easy to kill for grinding and leveling up. Dark Souls feels like death is around every corner and every death is a punishment to you.

Perhaps 'I wanna be the guy'. What a terrible game that is. If you can complete it without cursing you deseve a solid gold medal!

Mirrors Edge has been pretty tough so far. I havent really played MANY PC games.

Yes! I have recently been playing Mirrors Edge and it has been the toughest game i have played this far on the PC. I will still find a way to beat it.

Well if you wanna know what the hardest game on the whole of the internet is... Well I believe the answer would be the game known as QWOP. It dosent exactly consists of the best graphics ever seen, or a never seen system but It's definitely impossible.

I personally like challenging games. It makes for an exciting and satisfying payoff when you finally beat the game. It can be annoying at times with how difficult everything is, but playing easy games would get boring very quickly.

Dark Souls!!! Sure you can put QWOP up there with challenging games, but Dark Souls surprises you when you least expect it, and you die from some of the smallest things if you don't learn from your previous mistakes.

Oh please, no one at all mentioned any of the roguelikes out there? I can't think of another genre that has dying repeatedly and starting over from the beginning as a gameplay mechanic. I've played Nethack probably around 500 times, and only won once. Sometimes these games can take hours too! All of the other games listed above let you start from a checkpoint at least. Nethack is the hardest, hands down.

Agreed with everyone who said Mirror's Edge. The devs dropped the ball big time with that one. Not gonna count QWOP here. I am pretty sure it was made for the sole purpose of annoying gamers worldwide.

I'm currently playing Serious Sam 3: Before First Encounter and it really gets frustrating!
I get killed while reloading all the time. And those Kamikazes are, ugh!

As a matter of fact, I am here right now because I ragequit SS3, lol.

The most challenging game I've ever played was diablo 3 Inferno mode, before they nerfed the crap out of it. It use to be you'd spend maybe 10 minutes killing a sinlge 3 pack or eleite mods that could 1 shot you. And if they did kill you, you had 10 seconds to run back to them before their health reset and you had to try again. Plus some mob packs had crazy combinations of abilitys that made them harder to kill than bosses and when you ran into those you had to reset the act and try again.

That would be a hard question, if we are talking about newer more artificial difficulty then "I Wanna Be The Guy" is certainly up there and I guess Dark Souls could also be considered difficult if you go into it with only a regular RPG knowledge. Nethack like said above is also a hard one along with Liberal Crime squad since while you can save in it if you die you would have to have a backup to not restart.

I've heard that Dark Souls is pretty challenging. I've seen the videos and it really is a merciless game. I also thought that Hotline Miami was pretty difficult because of it's unforgiving nature and fast paced gameplay.

I'm going to have to say Starcraft. It's one of those games that you can always improve in. Some challenging games just take a ton of practice and you've got it. But in a strategy game like Starcraft, there is always someone out there who is better than you. That's what makes it the ultimate challenge.

Without a doubt the hardest game I've ever played is Super Meat Boy. As you get into it it quickly becomes close to impossible with around 100 death per level to complete it. I am nowhere near complete the whole game and to be honest I don't think I'll ever finish it.

I'm having memories of the original XCOM... ha... good times... good times...

Without a doubt dwarf fortress. I can't even overstate just how difficult that game is. Most people won't even know what the heck dwarf fortress is and after they google it, they'll be immediately turned off after seeing the graphics. The graphics are the way they are because if they weren't, the game would be too big and wouldn't be able to fit any kind of existing hard drive storage we have today unless we stack servers upon servers. It's the most complex game there is: it's a game about managing life.

I Wanna Be The Guy: The Movie: The Game.

Tough as nails platformer that requires incredible precision and reflexes, and some memorisation of the level layout. Super Meat Boy is a finer game and a much more polished experience, but when it comes to difficulty IWBTG takes the cake.

Back