Xbox 360 Most overrated game?

Assassin's Creed.

I never played the earlier games in the series, but rather opted to play ACIII first. I was hugely disappointed by it - it's one of the few games I've ever played that I just couldn't bring myself to finish (and the last game that I couldn't finish was Sonic 2006).

I don't know what it is about it that I didn't like. The combat wasn't great, and the stealth was pretty sloppy from my short time playing it. Maybe I needed to give it more time, but it just did absolutely nothing for me, which was a shame given the amount of praise it seems to get from everybody.

I think Skyrim is the most overhyped game ever made. The combat is terrible (just look at games like Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma for combat that doesn't suck balls), the world has a lot of areas that look almost identical and it's simply absurd that it gets a million awards despite how amazingly buggy and glitchy it is. A game with so many freakin' bugs and glitches doesn't deserve a single GotY award!

Yeah, Skyrim has my vote. It is good looking game, and there seems to be a lot to explore, but the combat is such a drag and it gets boring after a while. I imagine it's better on PC, with the whole modding thing, but I traded in Skyrim pretty quickly.

I might get chewed out for this but I think the most over hyped game was GTA V. I just finished the complete playthrough and although it was great and I had fun playing, I didn't love it. I'm a huge fan of the GTA series, especially Vice City and San Andreas. The addition of GTA Online just didn't appeal to me, I played and tried to enjoy it but it was just to buggy and annoying. I just feel like this game had so much hype and is held so highly and I don't feel like it lived up to that high regard.

I also have to agree with everyone saying Assassin's Creed. The series became too repetitive and after AC2 I just couldn't do it anymore, all interest was lost. I'm skeptical about AC Black Flag, the ship aspect has peaked my interest but I think I will rent before I commit to it.

I think right now it's either BF4, or GTA V. I'll never understand people's fascination with BF games. 4 is basically the same as BF3 with some minor graphical updates, some really minor changes, and an even worse singleplayer campaign. I honestly don't see why they had to release it as a full game instead of as an expansion or just a map pack for BF3. There aren't any groundbreaking changes that are worth putting in a new title, and everything including the engine and most of the weapons are exactly the same as before. Then again I'm not really into shooters, so that explains that. GTA is alright, but I still enjoyed some of the older ones more.

And yeah, Skyrim.

I agree with many people stating how Skyrim is the most over rated game. I rarely buy games for their full price on release but I did for Skyrim because I believed it to be the only game I'd be playing for several months due to all the hype. I gradually got bored of how repetitive it was and how un-diverse the environment was. It was a really fun game, but I regret paying full price for it, and almost going hungry as a result.

I agree with many people stating how Skyrim is the most over rated game. I rarely buy games for their full price on release but I did for Skyrim because I believed it to be the only game I'd be playing for several months due to all the hype. I gradually got bored of how repetitive it was and how un-diverse the environment was. It was a really fun game, but I regret paying full price for it, and almost going hungry as a result.

This is why one must not believe the hype!

Skyrim! I got it for Christmas a few months after it came out. Played it for around 6 hours and then never put it in again. I don't know why there are still people obsessing about this game. Personally, I love RPGs but this wasn't for me.

I cannot really comment on Skyrim but wholeheartedly say that Black ops is very over rated. They did not revolutionize any thing with that game although they claimed it was 'next gen'.

I did like Assassin's Creed one and two but never played any others as it got repetitive even after the end of the second game.

They tampered too much with the mystery.

I honestly thought Madden 25 was pretty overrated. I'm not a huge fan of the big block-like interface that is used. It almost reminds me of the annoyance that is the Windows 8 interface. I much prefer previous versions of Madden.

Hmm, I personally loved Skyrim and still play it from time to time, though that's on PC so I'm able to mod it for an extra enjoyable experience. However, one of the most overrated games that comes to mind for me is Dead Rising and Dead Rising Riptide. The first game looked so amazing. A free roam zombie game that actually looked scary? What else could we ask for!? However, what we actually got was such a bad, broken piece of crap and I was so let down. So much that I seriously considered sending a support ticket to steam, asking for my money back, but luckily I was able to spice it up enough with one particular mod that made it playable. However, the second seemed to get a lot of hype as well and it was the same exact thing, only worse.

Also, here's the mod I mentioned. If you are familiar with Fist of the North Star, you'll get a laugh out of it. And this mod is TOTALLY worth it, and even works when joining multiplayer matches. Listening to people go "What the F***?!" as I fly across the screen and kick a zombie into oblivion is a satisfying thing.
[video=youtube;hoLadZotBuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoLadZotBuE[/video]

Back