Xbox One Overexploitation of the Assassin's Creed series?

Pickicool

From
Canada
Website
www.pickigx.com
I think Assassin's Creed begin to lose its bases. I do not recognize the game as it was before.:(
I've always loved Assassin's Creed, but this one ..... It does not attract me? I do not want to buy it.

Is that I'm the only one who feels this?

The Pirates .... Blah, blah ... It's a little ... special. Especially when you have to mix it with Assassin's Creed.:(

I enjoyed the 1st but like many, found it to be very repetitive. Liked the 2nd but the phasing between areas bugged me. I loved Brotherhood, thought it was easily the best of the series. Revelations added too many gimmicky elements that I didnt grow to enjoy and as for AC3 I just found the game a massive disappointment, the only saving grace for me were the naval battles but nowhere near enough to base the whole next game on them. After this though I dont think I'll be revisiting the AC series for the time being.

I've never played an assassins creed game. I am awaiting the free one on live. I am also excited for the new one on Xbox 1

I've liked all games so far (except for the DS/iOS/PSP ones), but the series has definitely changed but it's gonna become stuck soon. It's gonna become stagnant. Why? Because they plan to launch a game every year. This affects quality, I'm sure.

That said, I still think the franchise is still good at the moment.

I feel ya with yearly release creating stagnant games... Cod being the number 1.. With a game like ac4 and a story line with expanding world and the free roam world I think the game could be good. Why its on my pre order list.

It's a stealth game with some direct action involved.

I would bet the ac game was influenced by ac4 arcatecture they have been developing on the new since ac3 was pre released like forza4 was. Forza5 was in development when forza4 hadn't hit shelves. And I believe that is why forza4 was as good as it turned out now.

Assassin's Creed is a property that transfered to different portions of the Developer's studio. After AC II the original Dev team no longer had their hand in it. All the Dev Teams that worked on AC 1 and AC 2 were completely out of AC 3 to my knowledge. I said it before and I'll say it again they figured out how to make an awesome pirates game and are using the AC name to promote it. Its hard to just say here's some pirates. Easier for them to say "Well you're an assassin and there's pirates."

Assassin's Creed is a property that transfered to different portions of the Developer's studio. After AC II the original Dev team no longer had their hand in it. All the Dev Teams that worked on AC 1 and AC 2 were completely out of AC 3 to my knowledge. I said it before and I'll say it again they figured out how to make an awesome pirates game and are using the AC name to promote it. Its hard to just say here's some pirates. Easier for them to say "Well you're an assassin and there's pirates."

With the fact they are incorporating real world famous pirates I agree with that. I don't think it would be a easy sell or have a story line worth following without a franchise title behind it.

I have reserved hope for this game. After AC: Revelations, the series has been really lacking. AC3 just felt horrible as Connor wasn't a redeemable character who had no personality. He would just accept whatever mission that was given to him blindly. I really hope that the MC is very flavorful and not as vanilla as Connor. I really like the setting, just in general. The whole time period and location are something that are really untapped in potential.

Honestly, when I first saw the promos for this, I was wondering how they were going to keep it interesting on the sea. I still have that lingering doubt that it will be cool, I'm wondering if they just tried to quickly capitalize on something people were attracted to in the last game.

We'll see. They definitely can improve a lot after the last one.

I have reserved hope for this game. After AC: Revelations, the series has been really lacking. AC3 just felt horrible as Connor wasn't a redeemable character who had no personality. He would just accept whatever mission that was given to him blindly. I really hope that the MC is very flavorful and not as vanilla as Connor. I really like the setting, just in general. The whole time period and location are something that are really untapped in potential.

it sounds to me like the game has a basic story line and their are specific things you need to finish the game like every campaign game. but it also seems like with the open world and ability to cptn the jakdaw with on water battles and a ton of side missions leave allot of room to just play the game and not be playing the storyline.

i can only compare to boarderlands2 where you can stick to story missions or do side missions as well. but th ability to just wonder around and loot fight and search for things in the game that have nothing to do with the game become fun. finding all the rare treasure chests, finding ll the bl2 logo's thruout every map area, the bosses and invincibles.. its one of the reasons i canstill play the game and not bother me. once i beat a game i usually dont care to play it again. forza horizon is the game i hatet he most and im a forza fan.. once i beat the game within the first 48 hrs i was done..

This is probably true. New IPs don't really seem to sell as well nowadays specially compared to the extremely popular franchises like Assassin's Creed itself, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were indeed developing a pirate game and then just turned it into Assassin's Creed because of brand recognition.

after playing the free version of ac2 im kinda not digging the game as much. i dont really like the story... it could do without the futuristic going back in time stuff i dont think its all that necessary.. an emersive 1700 game would have been done just fine.. and i feel the same about the new ac4 i know details are not exactly out on the table but i aqlready feel it could do without a off the wall futuristic story line. it would be fine if you were a pirates illegitimate child who is trying to make a name for himself

Is AS 4 really that bad? From what they have showcased so far, we can safely say that it's going to be epic and way better than than what previous games had to offer. So as long as innovation is their with every installment, even if it is annual, I wouldn't get tired.

I don't know, but I do feel as though the annualization of AC has detracted from it a bit. But annualization in general is bad for games, I don't know many people who like that it's done that way. Companies cranking out rushed products in order to cash in on popularity? Eh, makes you not wanna buy the game if you know it's gonna be the same exact thing that they put out last year. But AC4 looks to be taking a massive departure from the traditional game play, so that's good.

if they could get the heck away from the assasins creed basic layout... where it has this backstory from a future world.. just make a dang pirate game and forget the back story.

drop the whole enemous thing and abstergo all together.. make it the life of a pirate where you go into it at a young age... 8,10,12 and have him develope to be a feared pirate among the ranks of black beard and a few other key name pirates.. the great thing about pirate life is their is really no structure minus sailing,looting,killing,and general ill moral behaviour. which can all be done without the fru fru back story..

hear is a review rev3 did.
[video=youtube;m_02nfldGoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_02nfldGoA&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL221B2F579F5E074F[/video]

i am a pre order on this game because i love pirate stuff.. and the game is a good sell to me but after playing the free ac2 or whatver i hate the general gameplay.. being able to cale anything with leaps and bounts and all that odd running stuff. the battle style could be quite simple with a stealth approach or hard charge.. either way a black powder gun in those times was innacurate and loud and caused a ton of smoke.. most combat was close and with knife ax or the like.

i am still very skeptical to me enjoying the game with the story line layed out... and dread having controls similar to ac2.. but am willing to give it a shot to be a pirate and sail the carribean god i hope they pull this game off. and honestly i hope someone sees the success of the prate life and really goes full boar into it and build a much better game based on pirate life.

The story of Desmond ended in AC3 that was released last year. Now they continue the game only because they can make more money, and the fans liked the naval battles in the last game, but it has nothing to do with the original story. The first 3 games were amazing, the one in America was decent and this one looks good but the mai character is not even a true assassin.

I feel that if Ubisoft really wanted to do a pirate game they could have just used Assassins Creed engine to make a fully devoted Pirate game instead of a heart hearted Assassins Creed game.

I seriously don't understand all the complaints with the series "dying" or "becoming the next call of duty". I think 4 more than lived up to the expectations, and it wasn't a "forced" game either. They made a completely new protagonist, a new setting, didn't reuse anything, and elevated the naval combat from AC3 so that it stands on its own as a separate game. I'm only a few hours in, but I'm having a LOT of fun so far. Honestly, if you look past it and take off the Assassin's Creed sticker from the box, you wouldn't even realize you're playing an AC game.

I've only played up through Assassin's Creed Brotherhood but it was my favorite without a doubt. AC 3 wasn't well-reviewed so I opted out of buying it and honestly I don't know if I'll buy AC 4, either. Seems like they are rushing game production to have a new title out every year and every time a franchise starts doing that, quality goes down the drain. They may as well be slapping new artwork on the same game and charging another $60 for it all over again. =/

I've only played up through Assassin's Creed Brotherhood but it was my favorite without a doubt. AC 3 wasn't well-reviewed so I opted out of buying it and honestly I don't know if I'll buy AC 4, either. Seems like they are rushing game production to have a new title out every year and every time a franchise starts doing that, quality goes down the drain. They may as well be slapping new artwork on the same game and charging another $60 for it all over again. =/

I see what you mean about games being rushed to be released, but I feel as though Assassin's Creed Black Flag is refreshing enough to offer a new change of pace.

Back