Xbox One Overexploitation of the Assassin's Creed series?

I honestly really loved 1,2 and 3.
However, i now think the game is getting repetitive and this is annoying!
Hope they start to take some breaks on the releases.

Unity seems like it has some developments where they are trying to branch away from some of the earlier uses of the IP in the series. I thought that Black Flag was fun, truly you can have a really good time with the extra stuff you're doing. I thought the story was decent enough given that you didn't have Desmond and it took a break from having such a Battle Star Galactica feel to it. I thought that it was done pretty well, honestly.

So, you're probably going to see continued yearly releases in the franchise, but the idea that we'll have a game that's even close to how good the first one was with the introduction of the mechanics and then the second one where the polishing of those same mechanics were beautiful. You can only hope to keep things engaged and the story progressing to something fresh and interesting.

Granted. they are overusing this series, but they are getting better with every game unlike the COD series. Assassins Creed 3 was a mess, but AS 4 was really amazing. They have tried to do something different with each game, so I won't say that they are doing anything wrong here.

The assassins creed games do not have enough changes between iterations for me to honestly consider them to be.. NEW games..
Each new one just feels like an expansion pack to be honest and I'm not paying full price for an expansion pack..

I get what you mean man, when I heard about Unity coming I was not as excited as I was back when it was still fresh. Seems like they're just juicing this game out. I like the first 3 games and I think they should've ended it with Assassin's Creed 3.

I get what you mean man, when I heard about Unity coming I was not as excited as I was back when it was still fresh. Seems like they're just juicing this game out. I like the first 3 games and I think they should've ended it with Assassin's Creed 3.
As long as we keep buying them, they are going to keep making them. According to Ubisoft, there is only a vocal minority that is not happy with the annual releases. Rest are happy with what they are doing.

As long as we keep buying them, they are going to keep making them. According to Ubisoft, there is only a vocal minority that is not happy with the annual releases. Rest are happy with what they are doing.

Yeah that's the pinnacle but it's not really a matter of being happy or not with the annual release at least for me, I mean I'm cool with the annual release but what I'm not cool with is the game being the same crap from last year, if I'm just going to have the same thing then no thanks right?

Yeah that's the pinnacle but it's not really a matter of being happy or not with the annual release at least for me, I mean I'm cool with the annual release but what I'm not cool with is the game being the same crap from last year, if I'm just going to have the same thing then no thanks right?

To be honest with you, Rogue looks a bit like AS 4. I don;t know if I am going to buy that, but Unity is a whole different ball game. I am going to buy that one for sure.

To be honest with you, Rogue looks a bit like AS 4. I don;t know if I am going to buy that, but Unity is a whole different ball game. I am going to buy that one for sure.

I'd pass Rouge and wait for a next gen release really. Even though I still have the last gen with me I don't feel like buying it, I think it's just Ubisofts ploy to generate more money because I think they will eventually re-release Rouge for the next gen, kind of like what they did with Liberation. As for Unity, well I think it has that Brotherhood sort of feel to it when it comes to the single player but it's just a hunch.

Assassin's Creed could easily be a far larger franchise by going bigger in scope and utilizing even more unique periods in history. The games all play very similarly, and some of the environments look and play too similarly. If the developers broke off into better time periods and made the story much darker (for the present day stuff), then I could see AC reaching a level of greatness. For now, the first few games were great, and now they're mostly boring repeats.

Back