Xbox 360 Putting Games Back In Their Cases

shootemup

I love my nephews to death, but one thing they do that aggravates me to no end is not putting their games back in the cases when they're finished playing with them. If they play Call of Duty one day, for example, and then the next day they decide to play Skyrim, instead of placing the Call of Duty disc back into the Call of Duty case, they take the COD out of the Xbox, take Skyrim out of its case, put COD in the Skyrim case, and put Skyrim in the Xbox. Then, the next thing I know, nothing is where is should be and I can never find the game I want to play when I want to play it! :mad:

Hahah, that's really funny. Well, funny for me, I imagine it can get pretty annoying for you to search for a specific game in all the cases.

I do this myself and my kids do it as well. The rule in our place is if you can play it you can put it back, anyone caught not doing this ends up without game play time for the next seven days, including adults.

I'm guilty of doing this from time to time, too. I try to keep it to a minimum, though, because it is INCREDIBLY frustrating for the person coming behind you to open a case and find something there other than what they were looking for. However, in our house, the bigger issue is with people not putting the game back in a case AT ALL. Then, next thing you know, there are discs lying around everywhere, face down, waiting to collect dust or get scratched.

I make it a point to put the game, CD, DVD - whatever it is - back in the correct case just for the reason the OP mentioned. However, I constantly have to remind everyone else in the house to do it, too, otherwise I still can't find what I want when I want it. =\

I am guilty of this myself from time to time. I try not to do it because I know how annoying it is for those coming along to play behind me though.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. In our house it is not so much games for us, but the kid's movies. Someone just puts them in any available empty case and not the case it actually belongs in.

I totally do that and it drives my hubby nutty. Maybe it's subconscious paybacks for leaving dirty dishes in the sink and not putting them in the dishwasher-Ha! I do absolutely HATE leaving games out and not in any case at all though. I'm pretty anal about that.

I get pretty mad when my little brother does that. That's how MW3 and MW2 got scratched -_-
He NEVER takes care of my games.
I need to hide Prototype 2 from him before that gets scratched as well lol.

Oh, I know that drives my hubby crazy when the boys do that too! They are bad about games and movies. I hate not knowing where the movies are. My 2 year old has started opening cases and tossing discs around. It drives me batty. I really can't wait for him to get past this stage. Or I need to come up with a better storage system for everything. I wonder if a media binder would be a better option? Something to ponder I guess.

I used to do this all the time. We would do this with Black Ops a lot and one day it got a crack in the center ring from putting it in the case so much. All of that switching out made the disk defective. We ended up having to buy another copy. Now we put all our games in a CD case where they can be kept safe.

Games not being put back in their cases seems to get most of my games unrecognizable as games at all. For some odd reason my dog thinks they looks appetizing. Thats why I make it a point to make sure they get back into their cases.

Try getting a big CD case and put them in that. All that crunching back in the case may cause cracking and make the game unreadable. I started using the big CD case I own and never looked back.

I love my nephews to death, but one thing they do that aggravates me to no end is not putting their games back in the cases when they're finished playing with them. If they play Call of Duty one day, for example, and then the next day they decide to play Skyrim, instead of placing the Call of Duty disc back into the Call of Duty case, they take the COD out of the Xbox, take Skyrim out of its case, put COD in the Skyrim case, and put Skyrim in the Xbox. Then, the next thing I know, nothing is where is should be and I can never find the game I want to play when I want to play it! :mad:

That is very nerve-racking! I've always encouraged my two boys to keep the discs in the cases when they're not playing them. At 60 bucks a pop, I would think this is not too demanding. :rolleyes: In addition, too many times has the console been accidentally moved as it would commonly be on the floor of their room and ruin the game, etching an engraved ring around the disc. So, now they are required to have the console up and away from potential oopsies!

I'd much rather someone put my game in the wrong case than leave it out in the open... However, I find nothing worse than opening a case and it a. being empty, or b. has the wrong disk.
I make sure I always put my games back up in the correct case. Actually, not just games. This goes for other items with a case too, such as CDs and DvDs.
My boyfriend's brother's house has a bad case of what you're talking about. They have stacks of disks everywhere and empty cases laying aobut.
Many times, you'll open a case and it'll have the wrong game in it... sometimes even a DvD in a game case!

When they ask to play tell them you can't find the game because they didn't put it away properly. Black Ops II just came out, I'd suggest starting with that game!

I hate that! I am pretty meticulous in putting everything back where it belongs. I have roommates that do this not only with Xbox games but with Blu Rays as well. I go to watch a movie or play a game and it's in the wrong case.

I am the only one that touches my games, thank goodness. It would drive me absolutely bonkers to have to try to find what I was looking for if it wasn't where it should be. I guess I am a little OCD that way.

When I have a new game, I care for it very dearly. I carefully remove it from the case and return it religiously to its case. But as time goes by, I tend to become very lazy and even forget to remove it from my console. I also tend to interchange the cases of my games. This sometimes makes it very hard to find the games I want to play.

Back