Xbox One Scorpio

I agree Nintendo is more niche orientated but there will still be a lot of people that will have to choose between the consoles since they won't be able to afford all of them. Even though it won't be a direct competitor it will still be competing for a bit of the market.

An a bit of the market is what Nintendo seem to be content with for some reason. I'm sure that if they wanted to they could release a console that would be on a par with the Playstation 4 and the Xbox ONE, but it just seems that they don't actually want to for some reason.

It's as if they'd rather keep their niche market and select fans than go mainstream, and while that might very well be honourable, at the same time it isn't going to help them challenge for any significant share of the market.

@pwarbi they certainly do have the expertise to be up there. Maybe they feel that this would compromise their individuality and creativity. If you look at the big two they are practically the same, there might be a feature that one has that the other doesn't but in general they are identical in their function. Nintendo is completely different.

Nintendo have in the past tended to go down their own route and not follow the crowd so to speak, so you are probably right to say that they will more than likely do the same again.

Maybe that's the main (maybe the only) reason that they are still selling as many consoles as they still do. People will buy the Xbox and the Playstation's as serious gaming machines, but the Nintendo devices as well just for the novelty value?

I agree, if it did the same thing that Sony or Microsoft are doing, they probably would be squeezed out. I think that in order to be successful you either run with the crowd and try to out do each other or go your own way. Nintendo has always gone it's own way.

Back