Titanfall 2 won't be an Xbox exclusive

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Unlike the recently released Titanfall, the game's unannounced sequel will not be exclusive to Microsoft consoles, according to a report.

Sources speaking with Polygon revealed the information while reaffirming yesterday's news that EA has secured the publishing rights for Titanfall 2, although the company has yet to confirm any of this.

via IGN

I think this news should surprise no one since we all new even MSFT's deep pockets could not lock this down as a true exclusive. EA surely knows that taking the title multiplatform will make it way more successful. As long as Titanfall has a future I don't personally care which consoles it's on. Are you guys upset about the news? Let us know in the comments.

All I can say is if EA ruins this like they did with bf series, I will be upset! EA has a rep of ruining good franchises in the last 3-4 years now on pc

I'm not surprised to hear that Titanfall 2 won't be a One exclusive. I was actually surprised to hear that the original Titanfall was Xbox exclusive. It seems like usually the first person shooters go across all three "major" platforms: Xbox, Playstation, PC.

Not too worried about this. I'm sure every version will be very great. Hopefully by the next iteration of the game, Microsoft will have the 1080p worked out with The xb1 so we don't have to worry about seeing more stupid comparisons.

J

via IGN

I think this news should surprise no one since we all new even MSFT's deep pockets could not lock this down as a true exclusive. EA surely knows that taking the title multiplatform will make it way more successful. As long as Titanfall has a future I don't personally care which consoles it's on. Are you guys upset about the news? Let us know in the comments.

an article pre titanfall basically had this written in stone. it really all started with the 180 in the drm... ea about went off the deep end with that move.. ea basically was all set to have control over digital sales, resales and general ability to lock down digital sharing.. this is why ea looked so in bed with microsoft... microsoft pushed bf4 hard... got the hype up and got a big kick in the face when the the game fell on its face and to this day is still not fixed...

reamember microsoft basically said... .. we are not in control of it.. it is sole up to the developer on how they want to control it.(drm) that is a marketing/press way of disconnecting yourself from something you see but cant talk about. its a way of washing your hands before **** hits the fan.

i dont think you sill see ea catering to microsoft in exclusives or in getting behind microsoft.. and i would bet money ea would have ported titanfall to ps3/ps4/pc all day long.. but they had already commited to an exclusive.(and its not even ea's baby) they are just a backer...

Well, then good right? At least the PS4 gamers can get a taste of what Titanfall has to offer.

I dont know how this is good news for an xbox one owner? We just lost a major exclusive. Makes me wish i didnt digitally download it

via IGN

This isn't really that surprising. I've read about it before and I know that they never wanted it to just be on Xbox.

I dont know how this is good news for an xbox one owner? We just lost a major exclusive. Makes me wish i didnt digitally download it

its a good thing in the point that it will be across the board accessible... also means ts going to have to look as good on xb1 and ps4 and unless they are already pushing the game hard in development i would expect it to be a 2015 launch... around same time as directx12...

titanfall may seem like something new.. but its built on a early cod engine and it really feels like it... go grind out prestigue 10...you will proably hate the game for what it is.. 95% of he pc/xb1 guys i have watched on twitch are already saying the game feels like cod and the graphics are meh.. once they hit prestigue 10 they are basically done with the game. even the semi casual gamers are starting to say the newness wears off fast..

with the tweeking in graphics and gun damage.. i would expect it to loose less traction as a new ip...

It was already news that the developers may already make the sequel multi-platform. They were strongly saying Titanfall would be exclusive to Microsoft BUT the sequel would probably not be. And here's the confirmation.

its a good thing in the point that it will be across the board accessible... also means ts going to have to look as good on xb1 and ps4 and unless they are already pushing the game hard in development i would expect it to be a 2015 launch... around same time as directx12...

titanfall may seem like something new.. but its built on a early cod engine and it really feels like it... go grind out prestigue 10...you will proably hate the game for what it is.. 95% of he pc/xb1 guys i have watched on twitch are already saying the game feels like cod and the graphics are meh.. once they hit prestigue 10 they are basically done with the game. even the semi casual gamers are starting to say the newness wears off fast..

with the tweeking in graphics and gun damage.. i would expect it to loose less traction as a new ip...

So pretty much the game was overhyped eh? Then suddenly, Titanfall will become the new COD/Battlefield. They could've put more content. Maybe the vision that the developers had with this game changed in the midst of development.

I'm not surprised to hear that Titanfall 2 won't be a One exclusive. I was actually surprised to hear that the original Titanfall was Xbox exclusive. It seems like usually the first person shooters go across all three "major" platforms: Xbox, Playstation, PC.

It's like Crimson Sea. Crimson Sea was originally Xbox-exclusive BUT then the sequel became a PS2-exclusive. EH? How'd that happen? Anyway, I guess Microsoft wasn't able to secure what they deemed to be the biggest game for them.

So pretty much the game was overhyped eh? Then suddenly, Titanfall will become the new COD/Battlefield. They could've put more content. Maybe the vision that the developers had with this game changed in the midst of development.

I just hope it doesn't end up like BF4 with all the issues that is on it.

Better hope so. *Sigh*... sometimes, I wonder why games like this don't end up becoming the game we all want it to be.

I guess we have high expectations because it's a next gen console. Well, just give it some time and it might improve eventually.

DLC. Always remember that there's DLC so just let 'em release and bam! IMproved.... for a fee.

That's true. There's going to be DLCs, I know. Patches will come too. Titanfall has only just been released, so there's chances of DLCs and patches coming to improve the game.

Sure a lot of improvements will come out, but you have to pay for it exclusively using a DLC.

titanfall lobby numbers have already dropped.. microsoft got lucky with all the hype to have it make big bump in sales... i dont think titanfall2 will have the gusto as the one now.. its built on cod its not goingto chnge just like assasins creed won't.. dlc may give it a "bump" in players playing and few sales but overall the game has about run its course.

Back