Xbox 360 What Is The Oldest 360 Game You Still Play?

I've started back playing Mercenaries 2. It's officially the oldest game I still play. I forgot I even had it, really.

I remember really enjoying Mercenaries 2. You get a rocket launcher and some explosives and its a party in that game.

I have Dead Rising, but I've never been able to get into it. I put it in every now and then thinking I'm going to give it a spin, but nah.

I know how you feel about the first DR. The movement isn't fluid at all and made it difficult for me to get into.

That's the thing, there are other games with fluid movements and stuff. There's just something about Capcom and being stiff.

Capcom's typically been awkward with the fluidity of movements compared to Activision handling Spider-Man games, Bethesda, Rockstar, Nintendo, Konami, etc. If you played RE, DR, and other games for sometime you'll be good at handling Capcom's movement setup. The only two Capcom games' movements I've liked were Megaman and Monster Hunter post PS2.

Megaman improved over the years. There used to be this really weak jumping mechanic which was no good for all those leaps of faith in the early Megaman games. I thought Monster Hunter was okay back on PS2 with the movements.

Aww man the improvements of Megaman. I think I played Megaman 2 back in the day on my brother's NES, didn't like it, and played Megaman X on SNES years later. I thought "Wow, they improved dramatically with this series." Yes, I did play the other Megaman games as years went on, but it was hard given how great the Megaman X series was.

Oh, the oldest game I still play is Jade Empire which was originally on Xbox, but is available on Live's marketplace.

Aww man the improvements of Megaman. I think I played Megaman 2 back in the day on my brother's NES, didn't like it, and played Megaman X on SNES years later. I thought "Wow, they improved dramatically with this series." Yes, I did play the other Megaman games as years went on, but it was hard given how great the Megaman X series was.

Megaman improved a lot mechanics wise. As MetalSwift mentioned, that jumping mechanic and the screen scrolling added to the difficulty. At the time you really had to remember the layout of a stage in a game: where spikes were, what powerups were available, the erratic flight pattern of enemies in some games...

Oh, the oldest game I still play is Jade Empire which was originally on Xbox, but is available on Live's marketplace.

I loved Jade Empire. I have it downloaded as well, but haven't touched it in forever.

Bioware should've really delivered on another Jade Empire, man.

This is a fact. There's a period where they could've put out a Jade Empire II or more Star Wars for consoles.

I still enjoy playing Grand Theft Auto. After all, it is rated a 10.

I still play the Mass Effect series. It's too good to just give up and throw it down like that. I enjoy the storyline and the game play is classic.

I still like Dead Rising. The second game is more fun but the differentl settings, characters and atmosphere make them both very unique.

And DR1 has the psycho clown.

Whenever I have friends over and we are trying to figure something out to play, I usually find myself suggesting Halo 3. Halo 3 was the first game I ever played for the 360 and I feel it holds up to this day as one of the best 360 games of all time. It is a fun, social game and I miss the online community.

This is a fact. There's a period where they could've put out a Jade Empire II or more Star Wars for consoles.

I think they wanted to test the fantasy and sci-fi waters with different titles, but if they took the storytelling they brought with Mass Effect and--to a degree--Dragon Age, a revived Jade Empire has the potential to do a lot of good for Bioware. Especially with them being more of the conscious of EA when gaming and being inclusive is concerned.

The oldest I games that I play is probably going to be Sonic Tennis. I still find that game fun and I think that it was the one of the few games that I had gotten when I had just gotten my Xbox 360.

Oldest game I usually fire up on a frequent basis is either Mass Effect 1 or Ace Combat 6: Skies of Liberation.

Back