Xbox One What Price are you Willing to Pay for the Xbox 720?

What's the price you're willing to pay for an Xbox 720?

• Less than $100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100 to $199

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • $200 to $299

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • $300 to $399

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • $400 to $499

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters

lindbergh

We all love our Xbox 360s. But, let's admit it - we would also love to see a new Xbox console. There are a lot of rumors about the Xbox 720 but no concrete details have surfaced yet. Every time a new console is released, it ranges in the $300 price tag. Are you willing to dish out another 300 green bucks for Microsoft's new console? What are your insights on this?

i voted in the 300-400 but truth be told, i care more about not buying a launch system and waiting for others to test the hardware for me for the first 4 months. My ps2 screwed me, both xboxs.... Just don't have much luck with launch systems....

That has become the norm for game consoles. I wish that Microsoft, Sony, and even Nintendo would implement greater quality control and conduct a lot of product tests before releasing a new console. If they continue to provide subpar hardware at launch dates, nobody is ever going to buy on the first day.

I have never bought a launch system yet lol been too poor, but now idk? 300-399 seems reasonable for a new system.

$300 is nothing; if Sony is going to scrape out $600 for the PS3 a generation behind, I think it's safe to say we can expect at least a $500 price tag. I'm not sure that I'll pay that immediately, but the truth is that anything less than $300 is unrealistic, and I wouldn't be surprised if the 720 slaps the market with a $600 price tag. Microsoft and Sony both know that their products are solid in the console gaming scene, and for every two people that would pay $300 could mean one would pay $600 - they might still break even with what they could anticipate at $300, but think about it like this - if you could make the same amount from half the people who want your product, and then re-release a "newer, cheaper" version later that will pull in those same customers and the ones who didn't want to pay the full price originally - wouldn't you go that route?

Either way, I'm not going to pay more than $400 any day for the 720; I'll wait until I can find a model on sale for $250 or cheaper before I'm willing to hand over my money; it might mean I end up with an older model, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to not have my cash scraped out of my hand.

Yikes, I sound really negative about this - don't take me the wrong way, I'm absolutely looking forward to the release! I just won't pay what I know they're going to be asking, it's just too rich for my blood right now. :(

I have to agree with you on this one ToastBOX. They always put out a sub par product on launch day with a huge price tag. I am guessing it will be at least $600, but I would never pay that much. I will wait a year for the newer, cheaper version that is usually better anyway. I will let those young fools with money burning a hole in their pockets stand in line and pay the higher amount.

I think that for me to pay more than a couple hundred they would have to offer me something tremendously better than the current 360. I don't know if that is possible. I would have to say that $200 to $300 is probably all I would be willing to fork over for it though.

The highest I'd go is $300. And that's me at my "last straw" price. So much as a dollar more and I'll consider it too much. It's almost a sure fire bet that the next systems aren't going to be huge leaps in terms of what we get. All we're going to get aside from slightly improved graphics are better integrated apps and services. So truth be told, that isn't worth paying some huge price for.

Yeah, I remember when console gaming was the best way to game. Now PCs are years ahead of consoles, because they don't/can't update as fast. We'll be getting graphics that we see today on PCs. Nothing new, I think.

I would buy one, but like the 360 and PS3, only when it's a few months/year old. Prices come down then, and picking up a preowned one is also a bonus.

My guess is it will cost around $300 or so. Chances are, I will not be purchasing the Xbox 720. The predicted price tag is a bit steep for me. There are other electronics I would be more willing to buy for around the same price.

$300 is a stretch for any of the new upcoming systems. That's why I was saying $300 is my last straw. In order to get me to make a purchase at the $300 mark, they need to have at least 5 games I want right off the back. If not, then I may wait for a bit.

I'm not sure what to say. I already paid a lot of money for the original, then for Kinect, the games cost a pretty penny too. I'm not that rich, you know, so making people pay ANOTHER $300 is just not right.

If it's a new system though, it's not totally out of the ordinary for it to cost around $300. Of course, they'd have to make it actually WORTH the cost as well.

They simply can't set the price tag above 500 bucks, because despite being a amazing console with superb games, people simply won't buy that much, not even considering that they have serious competition outthere.

Yeah, the people have shown numerous times that just because something is worth a high price, doesn't mean they'll pay it. Look at the Neo Geo and PS3 as perfect examples of that. The PS3 survived because they cut the price. The Neo Geo however, we all know of their demise all too well.

Sometimes I wonder if companies should just do what Nintendo does and make a cheap system that does the bare minimum of things.

Since no details are actually concrete, I am still neutral. Once they release the official specifications I can then make my judgement on whether I would spend more than $300 for a new one, or just wait until the demand for them goes down and with that the price.

$300 is a stretch for any of the new upcoming systems. That's why I was saying $300 is my last straw. In order to get me to make a purchase at the $300 mark, they need to have at least 5 games I want right off the back. If not, then I may wait for a bit.

I agree completely. They are going to have to give us a reason to purchase it. At the same time though, a lot of people, including myself, have spent a lot of money on the new accessories and everything else for it. I still might wait to see what the specifications are. I don't care how cool or different it may look, if the specifications are almost the same as my console now, then nah, I will wait.

Then you're safe. If anything, specs are almost certainly the factor that will definitely change with the next system. It's more of a matter of how much of a change will the new system have compared to the old.

People are more practical these days. It's hard to dish out morethan $400 just for a console. No matter how powerful that console would be, chances are, people would wait for a price drop before purchasing. Not all people have money you know.

That has become the norm for game consoles. I wish that Microsoft, Sony, and even Nintendo would implement greater quality control and conduct a lot of product tests before releasing a new console. If they continue to provide subpar hardware at launch dates, nobody is ever going to buy on the first day.

The problem at times is mainly with the consumers who are too impatient to wait for a properly tested gaming console! I also agree that to some extent there has been greed from the side of the console makers.

Back