Xbox One What Price are you Willing to Pay for the Xbox 720?

What's the price you're willing to pay for an Xbox 720?

• Less than $100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100 to $199

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • $200 to $299

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • $300 to $399

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • $400 to $499

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
I will only pay around $300 for a new video game system. There is no reason why it should cost more than that, more than that is just way too expensive. Unless there are some amazing features, which I doubt there will be.

The price of new hardware is always the same and at the same time it increases with inflation. The standard for new systems is $349 for a couple of months, $299 after 9 months and then down to $249 when a competitor starts to cut into your profits with a better product. Rinse and repeat.

It depends what it has in it, if it has super great graphics then I will pay alot, if it has shit inside it then I am not willing to pay for it.

It's not about the graphics for me, it's about the advances in gameplay so if I don't like the direction a console is going I just won't buy it, my old console works just fine.

I would be willing to be paying about 450 dollars for the Xbox 720. From what I have been reading about it, it seems really good and too me a 450 dollar price tag is where it should be on the release date. Personally I think the Xbox 720 will escalate over all the other electronics coming out in the distant future. I would hope the prices will drop as the months go on just as the Xbox 360 did, but overall I generally think it will have a 450 dollar price tag.

I would be willing to pay $300. In $400, I could build a computer that would crush the Xbox 720.

I would be willing to pay $300. In $400, I could build a computer that would crush the Xbox 720.

That's so true. It looks as though console manufacturers seem to forget that people could easily build a powerful PC that would put any console the shame. If console manufacturers wish to maintain their hold on gamers, they need a correct pricing strategy - and that's to lower the price and not rack it up.

I would be lying if I said I won't spend 5 bills on this. The new WiiU is $350 and I am not buying that. Its hard to imagine an Xbox 720 with Kinect 2.0 costing less than that. The one thing that could hold me back is if there is no real great launch title but rumors are that Halo 2 anniversary will launch so I am all over it.

I voted for $300-$399. I probably wouldn't buy it at launch ,though. I would wait until at least the first price drop because new consoles always seem to have a few bugs and issues at first. Anyway I'm not usually one of those people standing in line at midnight to buy a new console.

I would pay around $300-$400 for the 720. Knowing that it's a brand new system at the beginning of its lifecycle, I'd be fine with it. But I'd probably buy it from Gamestop and add on the additional warranty, because lord knows the three red ring debacle screwed a lot of people when the 360 first came out.

Just like past consoles $300-400 dollars seems right. That's what it always ends up being. As technology progresses, it gets cheaper and cheaper, just like how televisions have improved so much and are so much cheaper. Consoles will be like that too.

The next generation around I'll be sure to be gaming in the best of style, so I chose the highest option.

I figure the launch price will be in the ballpark of $300. Past console launches, including the Xbox360 have been in that same price range. I suppose it could be more as technology is advancing. No matter the price i will probably end up buying it. It's just that piece of technology you have to have. When you don't get a new console, a lot of the Xbox community is migrating to the new console. It's like when the Xbox360 came out. You aren't able to play the previous console like you were able to when it was the newest. Games will stop being made for that console, and your only option is to buy the new one. I am really hoping that the console is within the $300-400 range. If it exceeds that, i may actually have thoughts of not purchasing the console. We'll just have to wait and see what happens i suppose.

400$ is the maximum I´m willing to pay, I don´t think it is worth it to pay more than that because launch lineup games won´t be that good, you always have to wait a couple of years to start seeing some games that squeeze the juice out of new consoles, it happens every generation.

I always think it wise to wait 6 or 7 distribution phases- for product recalls due to malfunctions. I figure by that time the prices will drop just a little. I certainly won't buy an Xbox 720 or PS4 on launch. I'd pay 300 for it, but my guess is that there will be different versions with different storage capacities. And the 300 dollars, I'm betting is the low end version.

I voted in to $300-$399 range.

Im guessing if its any more than that then a lot of people will not be willing to purchase the new Xbox 720. A lot of my friends have said that them might get it but in all honesty, the users that have the Xbox 360 right now would really have no reason (worth spending $300-$399) to upgrade their Xbox. As long as they can still play the same games with the people who do upgrade to the 720 (my next point) then there really isn't any incentive to play.

A lot of people i have seen are saying that they want to make sure that you can still play the Xbox 360 games on the new 720. A lot of companies (Apple for example) have figured out that if they change something like the ability or capability to play the 360 games of the 720, they will make a lot more money because people have to buy all new games instead of using their old ones (Just like how Apple changed their charging cord for the new iPods and iPhones so people have to pay a lot more to get chargers).

Im assuming they would not do that as it would be a bad mistake and would probably piss a lot of people off but who knows.

I'm not paying more than $450. Even that seems high. And with the huge back catalog the XBox 360 has now, it's going to have to be a tempting price and specs to lure me away from my 360. It's not just the price that makes it a must buy either. It's got to have some killer titles when it first comes out. That's almost what finished the PS3, when it was released, no decent games.

I'm not paying more than $450. Even that seems high. And with the huge back catalog the XBox 360 has now, it's going to have to be a tempting price and specs to lure me away from my 360. It's not just the price that makes it a must buy either. It's got to have some killer titles when it first comes out. That's almost what finished the PS3, when it was released, no decent games.

Hmmmmm yeah i guess you make some good points. But still, if you have a xbox 360 i dont see why you would really want to pay $50 for the new one.

I doubt the xbox 720 will be priced at $300. The Wii U is close to that price tag and if we know microsoft they will charge much more. I'm guessing the price tag will at minimum $399.

I'm surprised most of you are willing to pay so much for a system. Are most of you selling your old system to help pay for the new or are you holding onto the old one too?

The games aren't far superior to previous games anymore, it's not like a jump from pong to pac-man or from missle defense to mario.

Back