Xbox 360 Which Guilds Did You Prefer? The Ones In Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim?

I would pick up Live just for Morrowind or GOTY edition.

You know, I didn't care for the Mages Guild in Morrowind though. The Thieves Guild and the Fighters Guild I loved.

Mages Guild was so-so. I never really focused on magic use so I mainly did Fighters Guild, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood/Tongs. When I got bored I'd do the Mages Guild.

Mages' Guild was okay in Morrowind, it's just that magic wasn't all that interesting to use. It was much better in Oblivion and pretty good in Skyrim.

Mages' Guild was okay in Morrowind, it's just that magic wasn't all that interesting to use. It was much better in Oblivion and pretty good in Skyrim.

I haven't actually tried making a wizard type because I've always had a melee type character, I plan on trying it anyways.

I haven't actually tried making a wizard type because I've always had a melee type character, I plan on trying it anyways.

While I usually went with tank-types, I never bothered making a mage character at all either. They didn't seem that fun to attempt, like they would die often or something.

I've never found the wizard-types all that interesting since I make melee/stealth character most of the time.

I've played with a mage before, it's actually fun at times. Remember unlike most JRPGs or Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls has always been class fluid. In Oblivion and Morrowind you could pick a thief or warrior and build your character to be a mage type character. Your path would be easier to be a thief or warrior if that's what you picked, but there was little restricting you from developing your mage abilities.

Oblivion is especially class fluid. You can make an assassin or a paladin and still have a good mage. It might take a while to build up your mage focus, but it can be done. You're not capped or anything. Skyrim lets you do whatever.

While I usually went with tank-types, I never bothered making a mage character at all either. They didn't seem that fun to attempt, like they would die often or something.

Same here. That's the same notion that I had for those types.

Oblivion is especially class fluid. You can make an assassin or a paladin and still have a good mage. It might take a while to build up your mage focus, but it can be done. You're not capped or anything. Skyrim lets you do whatever.

I guess you could do that. But at some point I wanted a pure build.

With Oblivion you could have a pure build class character, but you'd eventually end up with excess points that would have to go somewhere wouldn't you? I usually distributed points wherever I felt and never really did a pure melee or pure tank.

I always liked killing from range, so I usually went magey. But in Skyrim, I picked pockets all day and eventually I got bored and quit. I should boot that one up again soon.

Skyrim's were neat but I really wanted the questlines to be longer and have a bit more meaning.

To be perfectly honest I don't remember much about Morrow wind as it has been a long time since I have played that game. Between Oblivion and Skyrim though, I preferred the guild's that were in Oblivion over all, simply because I felt that the Oblivion Guilds had a bit more pizzazz to them. I felt like the guilds in Skyrim were a bit too basic and lacked a lot of the character that the guilds in Oblivion had.

I would have to say Oblivion would be my choice, because the ones in Skyrim did not honestly stand out that much and I have not played Morrowind enough to really get a good grasp of their guilds.
The guilds in Oblivion seemed to have more depth and a better storyline than that of Skyrim's which kind of played to be just something you did for a bonus in a skill or such.

Back