Xbox One WW2 games making a comeback

malachite003

Remember when the preferred and dominant genre in FPS games was WW2. Remember when that's the only genre that mattered? Well until we all got sick of it and Modern took over, and now people are starting to get sick of that. Now it looks like WW2 games are ready to make a comeback and I'm ready to welcome them with open arms.

WW2 games are Marching in

Remember when the preferred and dominant genre in FPS games was WW2. Remember when that's the only genre that mattered? Well until we all got sick of it and Modern took over, and now people are starting to get sick of that. Now it looks like WW2 games are ready to make a comeback and I'm ready to welcome them with open arms.

Awww man. WW2 games. Those were the good days. I remember Medal of Honor when your goal was to kick down Hitler and his goons. So now they're making a comeback? I don't mind. It'll be nice to venture once again in the world of the WW2, in next-gen style. Oh yeah!

WW2 games eh? Oh, I love them. They're great themes when it comes to shooters and FPS. I don't want that redundant thing where they have to recycle what was done before. What I'd like them to do is to really make it engaging, new and exciting. It'll be awesome indeed to see a comeback.

This is good news! I've always really enjoyed ww2 games, specifically cod:world at war. I think the Vietnam era always had untapped potential as well!

They really had no choice but to take a break, people were sick and tired of the WW2 genre and the modern genre started becoming dominant. But I'm glad that it's slowly but surely making a comeback, the break was good because now people want to see WW2 games again. So it'll be interesting to see if the AAA's follow suit.

WW2 shooters returning is a good thing. It doesn't have as great a potential to be overdone given it's not as open for a lot sequels. There's an actual end here.

WW2 shooters! I'm all for those making a comeback!. I remember having a ton of fun in Medal of Honor back when it was firmly a WW2 title.

That was the series I enjoyed before I got tired of FPS: Medal of Honor. I would entertain getting a WW2 shooter or a Vietnam one.

I'd even jump on a colonial shooter.

That was the series I enjoyed before I got tired of FPS: Medal of Honor. I would entertain getting a WW2 shooter or a Vietnam one.

I'd even jump on a colonial shooter.

We need a good ole Civil War shooter! Muskets and bayonets are the new cool!

Seriously though, I agree with you that a good Vietnam shooter would probably be pretty fun.

Aww damn! This is going to be awesome. WW2 finally making a comeback into the world of games. Been waiting for something like this to happen. Sure, modern warfare is good but isn't it awesome to relive the days of WW2? And now, in next-gen? Cannot wait!

This is great news. I think that the FPS genre did what was right for the time, switched from WW2 to modern and future wars when WW2 got boring. As long as they make a decent story, i'll be happy.

Seriously though, I agree with you that a good Vietnam shooter would probably be pretty fun.

Vietnam shooters would be good. The last Vietnam game I played, Vietcong... sucked for me. WW2 is nicely done but when it comes to the post WW2 and pre-Modern, they tend to suck at it sometimes. A next-gen Vietnam game would be awesome.

While I'm glad WWII shooters are returning, I'd play the hell out of a Civil War or Revolution shooter. Your performance in the last battle would determine where your regiment is sent off to and what row you start on. Towards the back if you did well and to the front if you sucked ass...meaning instant game over.

So many teenagers who shouldn't be playing the game in the first place swearing over getting a cannon ball to the leg and your game cut short because a battlefield doctor's only treatment is whiskey, morphine, and amputation.

While I'm glad WWII shooters are returning, I'd play the hell out of a Civil War or Revolution shooter. Your performance in the last battle would determine where your regiment is sent off to and what row you start on. Towards the back if you did well and to the front if you sucked ass...meaning instant game over.

So many teenagers who shouldn't be playing the game in the first place swearing over getting a cannon ball to the leg and your game cut short because a battlefield doctor's only treatment is whiskey, morphine, and amputation.

Now that is funny!

Another aspect of a Civil War shooter that would be pretty fun would be battle on horses. I can imagine all of those kids on Xbox Online screaming about how the dumb horse got them killed again.

I would so play this game. Just imagine the improvement list:

-For the first time in the North vs. South franchise--HORSES!
-Improved bayonet, knife, and sabre combat!
-Swamp fights makes it return!
-Persistent, immersive world. You can now contract malaria, chlorea, gangrene, and diarrhea which affects your effectiveness in combat.
-For the first time in the franchise--DESERTION!
-Deeper storyline.
-Even more intense online multiplayer battles!

I'd throw down cash on that game and frequent the forums just to hear "We need more vehicles."

...you got horses. That's it. What do you want, trains? Do you want trains?

I totally agree, and it's funny you mention it because I was just thinking about it the other day. I think maybe people got tired of the same dynamics and stuff since technology was pretty limited back then. But I bet they could make it fun again by beefing up the gameplay itself, and people would be into it. I know I would.

I would so play this game. Just imagine the improvement list:

-For the first time in the North vs. South franchise--HORSES!
-Improved bayonet, knife, and sabre combat!
-Swamp fights makes it return!
-Persistent, immersive world. You can now contract malaria, chlorea, gangrene, and diarrhea which affects your effectiveness in combat.
-For the first time in the franchise--DESERTION!
-Deeper storyline.
-Even more intense online multiplayer battles!

I'd throw down cash on that game and frequent the forums just to hear "We need more vehicles."

...you got horses. That's it. What do you want, trains? Do you want trains?

Whoa, man. This is one game I could play all the day. Haha, you got some radical ideas right there man. This is going to be suh-weet indeed. Who wouldn't like this one? Hope a developer is in these forums checking out something and hopefully read your stuff.

Adding chlorea, gangrene, and diarrhea would be interesting especially if you're playing online and that server is hit with a particular disease. It's like "Who has diarrhea? Okay EliteSniper13 you're out." You're supposed to be listening for opponents, but their movements get lost or drowned out by the increasingly loud sound of your character's stomach bubbling.

Or having a hard time controlling your character who is trying to find a tree in the middle of battle.

Well chlorea and diarrhea would finally make FPS immersive. There would be so much rage quitting though. I would pay for DLC when railroad push carts and carriages are added to the vehicle list.

Back