Xbox One xb1 could get 360 emulator.

Well technically, the PS4 CAN play PS3 games (and PS2 and PS1 games) via PlayStation Now. While yes, not an emulator in the form it's in, it's still capable to play the last-gen games. So PS4 just gained an advantage overt MSFT. PS Now is slowly coming to form and will be available to everyone very soon but MSFT? It's gonna take a while. Yup, I agree but if MSFT is just "considering" it right now, they'd better make it fast cuz Sony already's many steps ahead with it.

THIS. So Sony basically has the upper-hand now, in getting over the emulator problem. And the fact that they have GAIKAI in their hands means they got it all planned out. MSFT? Still at the considering stage so it's really gonna take a while.

Well technically, the PS4 CAN play PS3 games (and PS2 and PS1 games) via PlayStation Now. While yes, not an emulator in the form it's in, it's still capable to play the last-gen games. So PS4 just gained an advantage overt MSFT. PS Now is slowly coming to form and will be available to everyone very soon but MSFT? It's gonna take a while. Yup, I agree but if MSFT is just "considering" it right now, they'd better make it fast cuz Sony already's many steps ahead with it.

Sony just got WAY ahead with it. Everybody thought buying GAIKAI was stupid idea but suddenly, years later, we finally see why Sony did it. Well, emulator problems solved! Well, not all of it but still, Sony got the idea and they followed through.

This is great news but it's also something that the PS4 had already achieved through PSN. It's a bit late for it but I'm very glad that Xbox has finally thought about it! Good job, Microsoft!

I do not think it will matter much when it is released.

The only reason people want it now is because there are very few games on the market for the Xbox One. Naturally people would call for backwards compatibility because all of their favorite games are on the Xbox 360.

However by the time the emulator is released. This will not be a problem. There will be tons of games out for the Xbox One .in the near future, and i think the emulator is a long ways away.

Oh, OK, I didn't know that was a possibility on the PS4.
I guess Sony is one step ahead again, let's see how Microsoft gets back some terrain, this competition is great for us gamers.

If I sold/traded my 360 for the One, I'd probably be a bit excited about this. However, I simply have the 360 sitting next to my XB1. I think this will definitely be a selling point for consumers, especially parents who have invested dollars in 360 games that can now be used with the new system.

J

X86 won't be able to emulate PowerPc. Seems highly unlikely unless they make a streaming service like gaiki on the playstation.

X86 won't be able to emulate PowerPc. Seems highly unlikely unless they make a streaming service like gaiki on the playstation.

I agree man. But I guess they could try making something similar to it.

If I sold/traded my 360 for the One, I'd probably be a bit excited about this. However, I simply have the 360 sitting next to my XB1. I think this will definitely be a selling point for consumers, especially parents who have invested dollars in 360 games that can now be used with the new system.

J

Don't get me wrong. I love Xbox One. But if only I knew that the games would also be available on 360 I would still want to play my 360.

Yeah, they could that, But MSFT, I'm guessing, didn't have the emulating in mind when designing the Xbox One. So if they're actually considering emulating at this stage, then it's really gonna take a while before they have something solid.

Yeah, they could that, But MSFT, I'm guessing, didn't have the emulating in mind when designing the Xbox One. So if they're actually considering emulating at this stage, then it's really gonna take a while before they have something solid.

Well, not getting my hopes up on this. If I'm gonna play 360 games, I'll just buy the 360 console. That's it. Or try it on the PC when they get a working one going, which I know they will. Either way, when I get the Xbox One, I'm buying it for the One games, not to play 360 games.

At this rate, I'd just get the actual console to play the games. Yup, not getting my hype on this either.

Do you know what's funny? PCs have already got emulators a long while ago...

Hahahah that is funny. Yup, PCs have had emulators long ago. They evolve as times go by. So thinking of an emulator for next-gen console is just pretty useless already. By the time the emulator does come out... PC has already a functioning one. So yup, not getting my hype up too.

Yup, it is really funny. PC';s gonna have emulators all the time, whether they work or not. And again, not getting my hype on this. Just buy the actual console so you can play all the games on that actual console, instead of waiting for an emulator that's clearly not gonna play all the games.

Problem is though that PC hasn't got a working Xbox emulator nor a 360 emulator. Sure, there are a few Xbox emulators for PC out there, but they can only emulate homebrews and maybe one or two commercial titles.

Therefore I really hope that MSFT can get something working on the X1 as it's just tedious switching between consoles.

Remember people, this is an emulator not straight up backwards compatibility. You know how perniciky emulators can be sometimes? Imagine that, only worse since it's trying for the last gen.

Honestly, it's a little too late for this. I'm surprised we haven't heard news that there's already a fan emulator on the works, but then I suppose they still have to fully crack the system first.

Back