Xbox One xb1 could get 360 emulator.

Problem is though that PC hasn't got a working Xbox emulator nor a 360 emulator. Sure, there are a few Xbox emulators for PC out there, but they can only emulate homebrews and maybe one or two commercial titles.

Therefore I really hope that MSFT can get something working on the X1 as it's just tedious switching between consoles.

Yeah, that's true. Nobody's made a working Xbox emulator. The other systems got emulators, but not the Xbox. As for the Xbox 360, work has just started. But in time, it'll be working. Maybe by that time, the original Xbox will have its working emulator too.

Yeah, that's true. Nobody's made a working Xbox emulator. The other systems got emulators, but not the Xbox. As for the Xbox 360, work has just started. But in time, it'll be working. Maybe by that time, the original Xbox will have its working emulator too.

Who would man. I mean, if they could what would be the use of 360?

Who would man. I mean, if they could what would be the use of 360?

Yeah, who would? But you can't really stop the people working on the emulator to stop. They WILL proceed and get it working. Same question you'd ask they made emulators for PS2, Gamecube, Wii, PS1, the Sega consoles and other consoles. It'll happen.

They are still going to make games for the 360. It will be easier to play the older games on the XB1 anyway.

Yeah, who would? But you can't really stop the people working on the emulator to stop. They WILL proceed and get it working. Same question you'd ask they made emulators for PS2, Gamecube, Wii, PS1, the Sega consoles and other consoles. It'll happen.

Well in that case they should have made it a better Xbox One right?

Well in that case they should have made it a better Xbox One right?

Yeah, they should have made it better right? But we gotta consider the costs, the decisions and all other factors they had to consider when making the consoles. So can't say if it would've been better. It might have been even a different console if they considered doing this.

Yeah, they should have made it better right? But we gotta consider the costs, the decisions and all other factors they had to consider when making the consoles. So can't say if it would've been better. It might have been even a different console if they considered doing this.

Yup. Would've been a different machine. Either way... MSFT is considering at this time but not working at it right now. But somewhere out there, the guys who announced they're working on the Xbox 360 and PS3 emulators are hard at work making them work.

They should have done it from the first time. This way, they would have CRUSHED the PS4 and won the console war.

They should have done it from the first time. This way, they would have CRUSHED the PS4 and won the console war.

Really? I don't think so. Sure, there might be backwards compatibility but it can't guarantee it'll win the console war like that. And besides that, MSFT wasn't so focused on backwards compatibility when they first announced the console. hehehe, can't forget when I think someone from MSFT said that if somebody wanted backwards compatibility with XB1, they're really backwards. Don't know how MSFT feels now that they're considering making an emulator at this point with the XB1.

Also, Sony sealed the deal in dealing with the lack of bacward compatability LONG before the PS4 was going to be announced so technically, THEY got way ahead of the XB1 in terms of letting PS4 users play the last-gen games. Xbox One just considered it NOW but not yet doing any solid plans to make it.

And why don't we all just stop bickering and start enjoying the Xbox One for what it is. MSFT is just considering an emulator right now, and no amount of us wishing and hoping is gonna make it appear right now. If you want to play a 360 game right now, just get an Xbox 360.

Remember people, this is an emulator not straight up backwards compatibility. You know how perniciky emulators can be sometimes? Imagine that, only worse since it's trying for the last gen.

The Xbox 360 is actually a good example of this. The backwards compatibility it has is very limited, since it's emulating the Xbox games. This causes a lot of games to have issues or simply not work at all. It's not great. It's better than nothing, but it's not really that good.

This an exaggeration.

People only want an emulator now, because there are few games out for the Xbox One, and their favorite games are still on the Xbox 360. They are just looking for anyway to use their new system. When more games are released no one is going care about an emulator.

This an exaggeration.

People only want an emulator now, because there are few games out for the Xbox One, and their favorite games are still on the Xbox 360. They are just looking for anyway to use their new system. When more games are released no one is going care about an emulator.

I totally agree! Once the flood of games start hitting the XB1, folks won't be as anxious for 360 emulation. I kept my 360 and it's sitting beside my XB1. Perfect emulation!

J

The Xbox 360 is actually a good example of this. The backwards compatibility it has is very limited, since it's emulating the Xbox games. This causes a lot of games to have issues or simply not work at all. It's not great. It's better than nothing, but it's not really that good.

Yup, that's the point. Good point. Why care right? MSFT never had the point in making it work with EVERY game. And as we already see, MSFT is CONSIDERING IT. It doesn't mean they're going 24/7 trying to make it work. They're more focused on getting that all-in-one aspect working. So it could take years. By that time, 360 is as cheap as a bunch of ice cream. (Exaggerating of course).

This an exaggeration.

Yup, you make the point. Xbox One doesn't have that many games yet, so they're thinking "I want to play my 360 games on the XB1!" But eh... what can ya do? It wasn't in MSFT's plan to make an emulator. And again with this emulator idea.... you can just buy a 360 and play it there.

Nah, that's way over-the-top. Just 'cuz there would've been an emulator in the Xbox One doesn't mean it would win the console war. The emulator would just be one part of the console but no, nobody would go for the Xbox One just to play their 360 games on it. And besides that, the 360's emulator for the original Xbox games wasn't perfect, so nobody went for the 360 just to play Jet Set Radio Future or Halo 1. So no way would an emulator be perfect on the XB1. MSFT's just way too focused on that all-in-one aspect to bother making an emulator now. And remember: they're CONSIDERING IT. It doesn't mean they're going to do it now. They might even abandon plans to do it.

Oh and did you not forget Sony is planning to launch PlayStation Now for the PS3, PS4, Vita and other devices like Bravia TVs to stream last-gen games? Sony
s already planning to get over the emulation issues through streaming. So will the PS4 get crushed if Xbox One had an emulator? I don't think so. Sony already had it all planned since they got the GAIKAI back in 2012.

Nah, that's way over-the-top. Just 'cuz there would've been an emulator in the Xbox One doesn't mean it would win the console war. The emulator would just be one part of the console but no, nobody would go for the Xbox One just to play their 360 games on it. And besides that, the 360's emulator for the original Xbox games wasn't perfect, so nobody went for the 360 just to play Jet Set Radio Future or Halo 1. So no way would an emulator be perfect on the XB1. MSFT's just way too focused on that all-in-one aspect to bother making an emulator now. And remember: they're CONSIDERING IT. It doesn't mean they're going to do it now. They might even abandon plans to do it.

Oh and did you not forget Sony is planning to launch PlayStation Now for the PS3, PS4, Vita and other devices like Bravia TVs to stream last-gen games? Sony
s already planning to get over the emulation issues through streaming. So will the PS4 get crushed if Xbox One had an emulator? I don't think so. Sony already had it all planned since they got the GAIKAI back in 2012.

That really brings me back. I wonder could they make Vita better, Never did liked the touch screen feature on it

I would have loved to have backwards compatibility since the first time it started.

That really brings me back. I wonder could they make Vita better, Never did liked the touch screen feature on it

I think it might make it better. Maybe, just maybe. Just imagine: Playing the three Uncharted on your Vita. Just think of that. Of course, if you have stable internet connection. But just imagine THAT.

Back