Xbox One Xbox One Launch Title Install Sizes Revealed

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Install sizes for Xbox One launch titles have been revealed after a consumer managed to get hold of a console early thanks to a shipping error by Target.

According to Moonlightswami (via NeoGAF), all games will require between 246 MB and 43 GB of storage space to install. This isn't in reference to digital downloads either - all Xbox One titles will require an install.

Seeing as the Xbox One comes with an internal hard drive size of 500 GB, it looks like you'll need to get into the habit of deleting old games once you're done with them, at least until the promised external hard drive support is added.

The install sizes he's reporting are as follows:

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag – 20GB
Battlefield 4 – 33GB
Call of Duty: Ghosts – 39GB
Dead Rising 3 – 19GB
FIFA 14 – 8GB
Fighter Within – 9.2GB
Forza Motorsport 5 – 31GB
Just Dance 2014 – 22GB
Killer Instinct – 3.4GB
Lococyle – 13GB
Madden NFL 25 – 12GB
NBA 2K14 – 43GB
NBA Live 14 – 9GB
Powerstar Golf – 3.9GB
Ryse: Son of Rome – 34GB
Skylanders: Swap Force – 15GB
Xbox Fitness – 246MB
Zoo Tycoon – 2.6GB
Zumba World Party – 24GB

Some games can apparently be played midway through the install process and, as you'd expect, installation is fairly speedy.

Well it's clear that the external storage capabilities cannot come soon enough. This launch lineup would eat up all of you Day One storage, assuming you were to buy each game, which is likely no the case. Either way it would be nice if MSFT had taken a page from Sony and allowed us to replace our internal hard drives, so I could just stick a 2 TB in there and not ever worry again. Hopefully once external drives are allowed it won't be proprietary like with the current gen,. I would be really upset if I was only allowed to use official XBOX external HDDs or if they limited the size like they do with the flash drives on the 360.

via IGN

Well it's clear that the external storage capabilities cannot come soon enough. This launch lineup would eat up all of you Day One storage, assuming you were to buy each game, which is likely no the case. Either way it would be nice if MSFT had taken a page from Sony and allowed us to replace our internal hard drives, so I could just stick a 2 TB in there and not ever worry again. Hopefully once external drives are allowed it won't be proprietary like with the current gen,. I would be really upset if I was only allowed to use official XBOX external HDDs or if they limited the size like they do with the flash drives on the 360.

via IGN

Hmmm... This is disturbing, but I guess we'll have to hope that external drives will be allowed aside from Microsoft branded devices.

J

Well at least we can store them on the cloud instead of having to look for them. Same thing with disc based games. Going to have to delete them to make space and re-install to play them. Same with PS4. And im sure the average user isn't going to go through the hassle of switching out a HDD. I wouldn't lol Im just lazy. But so far im using 36 GB with BF4 and Killer Instinct. Wonder what Crimson Dragon size is. Good to know that 3 games alone don't even come to the Killzone size lol. Im shocked that ghosts is the 2nd biggest in size.mmmmmmmm

This is kind of stupid.

All console peasants said that consoles were plug and play. No installs required.

Well at least we can store them on the cloud instead of having to look for them. Same thing with disc based games. Going to have to delete them to make space and re-install to play them. Same with PS4. And im sure the average user isn't going to go through the hassle of switching out a HDD. I wouldn't lol Im just lazy. But so far im using 36 GB with BF4 and Killer Instinct. Wonder what Crimson Dragon size is. Good to know that 3 games alone don't even come to the Killzone size lol. Im shocked that ghosts is the 2nd biggest in size.mmmmmmmm

Cloud storage will be limited and since it was confirmed that the cloud will have down time, do you really want to lose access to your games?

Cloud storage will be limited and since it was confirmed that the cloud will have down time, do you really want to lose access to your games?

Cloud Storage will have digital copy of every digitally purchased game. So there's no real limit to how many games you can own digitally, they will always be available.

Also, Azure's availability is around 99.7% uptime right now. I wouldn't worry about any downtime. :)

Cloud Storage will have digital copy of every digitally purchased game. So there's no real limit to how many games you can own digitally, they will always be available.

Also, Azure's availability is around 99.7% uptime right now. I wouldn't worry about any downtime. :)

Good news...but will you acess your game via cloud or HDD?

I am not sure how accurate those numbers are. Reason I say that is because on my disc copy of cod it says it needs 49 gigs for install. Which above states 39. Maybe it was a mistype or maybe the online downloads are compressed?

It is kind of sad that there isn't even room for the entire launch lineup. Not that anyone would, but it makes you wonder why they didn't go 1TB plus.

I am not sure how accurate those numbers are. Reason I say that is because on my disc copy of cod it says it needs 49 gigs for install. Which above states 39. Maybe it was a mistype or maybe the online downloads are compressed?

Maybe it needs 49gb to install, and then frees up 10gb after the install is done, removing the temporary files. Just a guess though.

This 500gb drive is going to fill up quickly either way.

It is kind of sad that there isn't even room for the entire launch lineup. Not that anyone would, but it makes you wonder why they didn't go 1TB plus.

I also agree. But as has been said, it's probably due to costs. 500GB is nothing these days though. I'm sure part of the reason is to release an updated Xbox One next summer/holiday with a 1TB drive in it.

The sheer size of these games I believe is the reason that digital games have a decent bit to go before they overtake physical copies. Even if digital copies are cheaper, they still have to be cheap enough to account for the fact that you have to buy so much external hard drive space.

The sheer size of these games I believe is the reason that digital games have a decent bit to go before they overtake physical copies. Even if digital copies are cheaper, they still have to be cheap enough to account for the fact that you have to buy so much external hard drive space.

Games have to be installed on both consoles regardless of being digital or disc based. You need more room either way.

going to be easy to blow thru 500gb of memory at that rate... dont forget apps..

Back